• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sendou

capsule_467x181.jpg

So Rochard (Windows, Linux and Mac supported) just became a weeklong deal. For 2,24€ (no idea how many dollars it is probably not too much) it is absolutely a so called "must have". Unfortunately the game never was one of the indie successes we have seen on Steam. Originally the delay caused by PSN hack really hurt the game and even the Steam version failed to meet sales expectations. It really isn't about the quality though because it is what you call rock solid. I have to admit that screenshots look little bland and even generic but trust me when I say the game itself is just brilliant. And just check out the soundtrack.

Even the recently released (maybe last week?) DLC is -25% off.

HoosTrax

capsule_467x181.jpg

So Rochard just became a weeklong deal. For 2,24€ (no idea how many dollars it is probably not too much) it is absolutely a so called "must have". Unfortunately the game never was one of the indie successes we have seen on Steam. Originally the delay caused by PSN hack really hurt the game and even the Steam version failed to meet sales expectations. It really isn't about the quality though because it is what you call rock solid. I have to admit that screenshots look little bland and even generic but trust me when I say the game itself is just brilliant. And just check out the soundtrack.

Eh, I don't know about all that. I think the main issue is that indie puzzle platformers with interesting mechanics are a dime a dozen these days. And I didn't really see much in it that puts it drastically above any number of other solid games in that genre. Trine, Snapshot, Unmechanical, Closure, Vessel, etc... the list goes on and on.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Eh, I don't know about all that. I think the main issue is that indie puzzle platformers with interesting mechanics are a dime a dozen these days. And I didn't really see much in it that puts it drastically above any number of other solid games in that genre. Trine, Snapshot, Unmechanical, Closure, Vessel, etc... the list goes on and on.
He is voiced by Duke Nukem.

see5harp

capsule_467x181.jpg

So Rochard (Windows, Linux and Mac supported) just became a weeklong deal. For 2,24€ (no idea how many dollars it is probably not too much) it is absolutely a so called "must have". Unfortunately the game never was one of the indie successes we have seen on Steam. Originally the delay caused by PSN hack really hurt the game and even the Steam version failed to meet sales expectations. It really isn't about the quality though because it is what you call rock solid. I have to admit that screenshots look little bland and even generic but trust me when I say the game itself is just brilliant. And just check out the soundtrack.

It was boring IMO and I played through the whole thing. Initially the art style, music and production value really god to me. By the end I was really just wishing it was over. It's more interesting than Closure which isn't saying much TBH.

tjohn86

RE6 with all the preorder bonuses doesnt seem like that bad of a deal really...

I don't know if I want to pick up 5 and replay or just go for 6. Damn.

Grief.exe

Yeah, but i try to avoid it as much as possible... In fact I hate to have 5 games that uses it. Just stick with one DRM. <_<
I hope they just stop using it.

What are you trying to say? :lol
I'm happy that Capcom dropped GFWL, but RE5 uses it.

IDK how I can say it anymore clearly.

Capcom once used GFWL with their ports. At a time in the past. IE before now.
For example, when RE5 was released, past tense, on Steam.
When Dead Rising 2 was released, past tense.
When Street Fighter IV was released, past tense.

Now, present tense, they have seemingly dropped GFWL in favor of Steamworks. Recent games, like DMC, RE:R, RE6 all use Steamworks.
I have seen the new Lost Planet pop up on the Steam database as well, but haven't been able to confirm Steamworks or not.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual

Now, present tense, they have seemingly dropped GFWL in favor of Steamworks. Recent games, like DMC, RE:R, RE6 all use Steamworks.
I have seen the new Lost Planet pop up on the Steam database as well, but haven't been able to confirm Steamworks or not.

Allright, I understood what you were saying the first time, so what's the problem. :lol
I just wanted to know if RE5 uses GFWL, because DMC4(not the new one, that came out in 2008, before RE5) doesn't.

I don't know how he can be more clear. He wants to play Resident Evil 5, not those other games. But RE5 uses GFWL, so he's passing. Those other games never even come into the equation. He's not passing to punish Capcom and send a message. He's passing because he doesn't want to deal with GFWL.

did anyone play binary domain on PC? How I do select the voice commands? I press tab to open the command menu but how do I select the individual commands? Controls are kinda bad here IMO, wish I had a xbox 360 - windows controller

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I don't know how he can be more clear. He wants to play Resident Evil 5, not those other games. But RE5 uses GFWL, so he's passing. Those other games never even come into the equation. He's not passing to punish Capcom and send a message. He's passing because he doesn't want to deal with GFWL.
Yes, exactly. (I'm not a native speaker so I though that I might be hard to understand. :\)
It might be stupid, but I just don't like to have my games tied to GFWL instead of Steam. It's just that GFWL doesn't make me feel as safe as Steam. Same goes for UPlay really.

did anyone play binary domain on PC? How I do select the voice commands? I press tab to open the command menu but how do I select the individual commands? Controls are kinda bad here IMO, wish I had a xbox 360 - windows controller
I read that voice commands really works well only in japanese, and other languages are kind of junky.
I played it without them. But, I never really used team commands, besides when your teammates ask you something.
Edit: Oh, you were asking how to select commands without a mic? There should be an image of they key you have to press near the phrase.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
No. The second one has all the maps of the first one, so it does not really make that much sense.

It depends I feel. There's a simplicity to Left 4 Dead 1 which I felt was really missing from Left 4 Dead 2. It's not that Left 4 Dead 2 is bad or anything and hell I can understand fans mostly wanting to play that but sometimes I just want to play the original campaigns without all the added stuff from Left 4 Dead 2. I don't believe there's a way to do this with L4D1's campaigns in 2 but I'd be happy to be told otherwise.

Grief.exe

Not sure if a new thread is needed but Final Fantasy VIII is added to the steam database.

http://steamdb.info/sub/26248/

Its been there for a long time, that was just an update to the database entry.

they have been updating VII and VIII quite frequently lately.

EDIT: Beaten

Yes, exactly. (I'm not a native speaker so I though that I might be hard to understand. :\)
It might be stupid, but I just don't like to have my games tied to GFWL instead of Steam. It's just that GFWL doesn't make me feel as safe as Steam. Same goes for UPlay really.

miscommunication + language barrier then, I apologize.

zkylon

zkylewd
So Miasmata is super nuts.

I was kind of insomniac last night so started playing it and got lost as fuck, tried to follow the swamp trail and ended up everywhere but.

Performance is kind of shit, though :/

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Fez and Another World also have achievements.

Good news, right? right?!

really hope there are more cheevos than that.

All good signs. Too bad the FF7 and FF8 ports will be kinda "meh."

I'll probably still pick them up on sale out of nostalgia, though.

Grief.exe

Not so many achievements for FF8

The amount doesn't matter right now, they are likely just testing the ones that are on there.

I'd rather have some achievements rather than none..

Does FFVII have achievements in the database too? And where's my FFIX? :(

No.

Both of them didn't have achievements and I believe FF8's were just added today.

I don't believe FF9 had a PC port, I'm not too big of a Final Fantasy fan, I haven't played one after VI lol.

Grief.exe

Guys. Megaton.

Fast and Furious 6 entry just updated on Steam Database

http://steamdb.info/app/224340/

with achievements

In case you don't know there was a huge Steam Database leak about a month ago because Hub names were unlocked.
Games like Fez, Dyad, Duke Nukem, Halo3, Fast and Furious 6, Resident Evil: Revelations, Angry Birds, and more all came up.

All have basically come true at this point, with Fast and Furious 6 getting updated with achievements brings us one step closer to Halo 3 and KOF XIII.

Is the recent PC re-release of FF7 a newer PC build?

Its most likely the updated version that square released on their webstore a few months ago.

I believe it had some kind of always online DRM if I'm not mistaken, there is a good chance that I am though.

Prodigal

Banned
Do you guys know if those specials they've been running will last through today? Been wanting Tropico bundle but not sure how long it's going to be around.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I don't, but I did get MTG2013 in the Christmas sale. I should probably play it. I think excessive life stress makes me think I shouldn't play games, though, even though GAF is just as much of a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom