• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys. Megaton.

Fast and Furious 6 entry just updated on Steam Database

http://steamdb.info/app/224340/

with achievements

In case you don't know there was a huge Steam Database leak about a month ago because Hub names were unlocked.
Games like Fez, Dyad, Duke Nukem, Halo3, Fast and Furious 6, Resident Evil: Revelations, Angry Birds, and more all came up.

All have basically come true at this point, with Fast and Furious 6 getting updated with achievements brings us one step closer to Halo 3 and KOF XIII.
My firends, this constant Halo 3 and Dragons Dogma hyping for a possible Steam release is breacking my heart, a man can die from deep sorrow you know?

Grief.exe

My firends, this constant Halo 3 and Dragons Dogma hyping for a possible Steam release is breacking my heart, a man can die from deep sorrow you know?

Its almost too much for me to handle.

Dark Souls PC port
Capcom dropping GFWL
AoE II HD
SS2
Halo 3

I welcome all these old PC ports.

now we just need MGS and MGS2

Konami has renewed interest in the PC space, releasing Lords of Shadow II, and possibly the first one as well.
And the newest MGS is rumored to be coming to PC as well.

I wish Konami had ported over the HD collection to PC to get us going, maybe we will see it released before the newest MGS.

Dark Souls PC port
Capcom dropping GFWL
AoE II HD
SS2
Halo 3

Konami has renewed interest in the PC space, releasing Lords of Shadow II, and possibly the first one as well.

I wish Konami had ported over the HD collection to PC to get us going, maybe we will see it released before the newest MGS.

I wish they could re-publish the old PC ports of Silent Hill 2 to 4... Oh, and Silent Hill 1, even if it's a GOG-like thing I don't mind.

Maybe some Castlevania too now that Capcom is emulating SEGA with the Arcade Cabinet. In fact, is Capcom bringing the Arcade Cabinet once they are done releasing everything for consoles?

Konami playing nicely with Steam pleases me. I want Pro Evolution Soccer on Steam this year.
I recall I saw Pro Evolution Soccer in the registry so hopefully it's a matter of when!

Isaccard

I love it when you talk dirty

Dark Souls PC port
Capcom dropping GFWL
AoE II HD
SS2
Halo 3

So you do really want me dead? Have at least a small drop of pity, a shot to the temple shows more humanity than teasing a possible Lords of Shadow PC release.

Dragons Dogma, Halo 3 and now Lords of Shadow. Oh i see... your screen name, you pleasure yourself in me suffering. Killing people from grief and videogames, oh how these 2 beautiful hobies complement themselves.

YOU ARE INDEED GETTING MY HOPES UP DAMN IT!
Haha, yeah, I'm hoping to pick up a cheap XCOM when that happens. (no interest in Bioshock)
My sentiments exactly, im more excited at the chance of getting Xcom for cheap than from the actual Infinite release. It's like Zone of the Enders/Metal Gear 2 relationship all over again.

So you do really want me dead? Have at least a small drop of pity, a shot to the temple shows more humanity than teasing a possible Lords of Shadow PC release.

Dragons Dogma, Halo 3 and now Lords of Shadow. Oh i see... your screen name, you pleasure yourself in me suffering. Killing people from grief and videogames, oh how these 2 beautiful hobies complement themselves.

YOU ARE INDEED GETTING MY HOPES UP DAMN IT!

My sentiments exactly, im more excited at the chance of getting Xcom for cheap than from the actual Infinite release.

Wait until we get to the Vanquish/Bayonetta petitions :p

deejay

I truly wish to see Dragon's Dogma get released on PC, but I don't know... There's hope, but no excitement. I don't want to be disappointed. Especially if it won't ever come to PC.

Sajjaja

If Halo 3 does come to Steam (which might result in the former two coming as well), what do you think the requirements would be for it :eek:

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I truly wish to see Dragon's Dogma get released on PC, but I don't know... There's hope, but no excitement. I don't want to be disappointed. Especially if it won't ever come to PC.

I'm buying Dark Arisen in April and I will buy any PC version Capcom release if they do that as well. You hear that Capcom ? Love Dragons Dogma, took me a while to get into but when you do it hooks you hard.

Rocksmith is on sale on GMG and my interest has piqued because I just bought a guitar setup. I found a teacher and some good chord books; is Rocksmith a good supplement? Problem is, I have no fucking idea how to set it up. Does it require a HTPC? All I have at home are a tower in a small bedroom (I could sit on the bed and watch 4 feet away from a 22 inch screen) or a TV with a busted HDMI port and one available series component ports. What cables do I need for minimal latency? (I hate calibrating Rock Band on the Xbox so I can't play the hard songs)

Edit:
Not available in US-Fucking-A?! Motherfucker.

Mogwai

Hah, I had almost bought L4D2 the other day, but thought that it probably went on sale sooner or later... And now it's a weekly deal for 25% of the original price.

Thank you, Valve!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I welcome all these old PC ports.

now we just need MGS and MGS2
NO. The port of MGS2 is the ugliest thing to ever touch my PC, and I've seen my share of ugly things
like photos of myself :(

Unless Konami fixes it, I'd say leave that shit out of Steam. Worst port I've ever seen, the control setup screen is a fucking mess.

O3m.jpg

Dr Dogg

NO. The port of MGS2 is the ugliest thing to ever touch my PC, and I've seen my share of ugly things
like photos of myself :(

Unless Konami fixes it, I'd say leave that shit out of Steam. Worst port I've ever seen, the control setup screen is a fucking mess.

Conversely MGS was the best version on the PC. Was based on the Japanese Integral version and had slightly better textures and obviously better looking models. Granted I bet it looks shit today but it's MGS so it's still all shades of awesome. Hard to track down a copy these days for reasonable money.

If they were going to require Windows 8 (yes, like they did with Vista) it seems like they'd make it a Windows 8 store exclusive to get people using it and in their ecosystem rather than put it on Steam.

Makes sense.

What about selling steam games exclusively through the windows 8 store? There have been rumours about Valve allowing third party stores for a while now. Things are already crazy enough at this point so I wouldn't be shocked.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Conversely MGS was the best version on the PC. Was based on the Japanese Integral version and had slightly better textures and obviously better looking models. Granted I bet it looks shit today but it's MGS so it's still all shades of awesome. Hard to track down a copy these days for reasonable money.
Yes, that was a damn fine port. I've put countless hours into the VR missions, more than the actual game (which I beat twice: once when I got the game, on super easy, with cheats; the other was less than a year ago, on normal and without using any cheat).

Great game, and wouldn't mind having it on Steam for a quick fix of those VR missions every now and then.

louiedog

Makes sense.

What about selling steam games exclusively through the windows 8 store? There have been rumours about Valve allowing third party stores for a while now. Things are already crazy enough at this point so I wouldn't be shocked.

I hope it's Steamplay on all three platforms. :)

Dr Dogg

Advice on installing TF2 to my storage drive?

Hasn't or isn't it due to change over to the new content update system soon? If it has just backup and restore. Used to use Steamspreader but that stupendously slow by comparison and now you get to choose where you want to restore stuff. Obviously if you have it downloaded of course.

Anyone have any idea if this is good?

I'm going to try to spend a bit of time with it tonight. Right now I'm just hoping they've avoided the terrible tutorial syndrome that plagues a lot of smaller-dev/indie strategy releases.

edit: Comments in the RPS post about it are promising.

Grief.exe

Hasn't or isn't it due to change over to the new content update system soon? If it has just backup and restore. Used to use Steamspreader but that stupendously slow by comparison and now you get to choose where you want to restore stuff. Obviously if you have it downloaded of course.

I don't have it downloaded yet.

And when I download, it doesn't give me the option of selecting what drive to put it on.

Dr Dogg

I don't have it downloaded yet.

And when I download, it doesn't give me the option of selecting what drive to put it on.

Really? Huh. I think I know why. TF2 as well as all the older Valve games up until Portal 2 installed outside the common director in your Steam folder. This is a hold over from back in the day when Steam was 100% maintaining up to date patching as well as sharing files with other Source engine titles. Looks like TF2 is yet to be updated. There should be a way to move it but you might just have to do the sym links yourself.

Ken

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but is there a way to stop Steam from downloading something that doesn't even show up in my download queue? I started a download for Dragon Nest via the Steam website, but the game does not show up in my games library or my download queue but it's still downloading anyways. The only way to stop it is to exit out of Steam completely, but opening Steam again will start it up.

Dr Dogg

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but is there a way to stop Steam from downloading something that doesn't even show up in my download queue? I started a download for Dragon Nest via the Steam website, but the game does not show up in my games library or my download queue but it's still downloading anyways. The only way to stop it is to exit out of Steam completely, but opening Steam again will start it up.

If you know what's downloading as in shows the speed and progress in your library right click the item and go to properties and then just delete local content. Ah I should read first D'oh. Isn't there a way to pause by going on to the website and looking at your games list? If not it's the old delete clientregistry.blob route I'm afraid.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Is that for vanilla, or this Enhanced Edition business?

According to the wiki:

"Therefore, the copyright holding publisher Jowood granted access to the source code to developers from the game community to allow the fans to take care of the significant problems and bugs at least themselves.[7][8][9] In years of voluntary and unpaid work the fan community produced several Community patches, with a actual iteration version 1.75 released on April 2012. With this 1.5 GB sized patch[10] significant enhancements and fixes were introduced, so that finally a playable state of the game was achieved.[11] Also, a Community Story Project works still on fixing inconsistencies to former Gothic games and on filling of story gaps.[12]

The similar buggy add on Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods', developed by Trine Games, was later fixed in a enhanced edition by Mad Vulture Games[13] a company which was created by developers from the game community."

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
For those that never played Gothic 2 Gold, do yourself a favor and buy it asap. One of the best cRPGs ever. Amazing world to explore.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Gothic 3 is a great game but the buggiest, clunkiest and jankiest of them all. The community patch helps, but I still encountered a game-breaking bug in the mountains after ~30 hours and the game tends to run poorly on pretty much any setup, especially if you're trying to make it look acceptable. I've had occasional stuttering and chugging trying to play it on my last three PCs, so I think it's an inherent issue which isn't going anywhere. The expansion is trash, even with its patch.

Gothic 2 is easily the best of the three (and one of the best PC RPGs I've had the pleasure of playing), so if you must choose only one that's rather simple.

For those that never played Gothic 2 Gold, do yourself a favor and buy it asap. One of the best cRPGs ever. Amazing world to explore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom