• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, apparently I own RoboBlitz and bought it on February 4th, 2013. I have no idea what I paid or where I bought it. I checked IndieRoyale and HumbleIndieBundle, doesn't seem like I got it there (I don't own the Indie Royale bundle it was in). Was it on IndieGameStand or IndieGala? I'm trying to figure out if I got the game for free or paid money for it, and if so how much? Did anyone post codes for it here that I maybe grabbed without realizing it?

Took the second RoboBlitz code. I tried the demo on 360 like 5 years ago but would like the play the full game. Thanks!

;)

JCV

Unconfirmed Member
Just got a 700MB+ Sleeping Dogs patch. It pisses me off so much when devs do this without warning.

Anyway, to all of those with bandwidth caps, be careful.

Blizzard

Banned
So, apparently I own RoboBlitz and bought it on February 4th, 2013. I have no idea what I paid or where I bought it. I checked IndieRoyale and HumbleIndieBundle, doesn't seem like I got it there (I don't own the Indie Royale bundle it was in). Was it on IndieGameStand or IndieGala? I'm trying to figure out if I got the game for free or paid money for it, and if so how much? Did anyone post codes for it here that I maybe grabbed without realizing it?
Given JaseC's post, you are apparently suffering from Steamnesia.

And Jet Set Radio Future, Panzer Dragoon: Orta, Otogi, Skies of Arkadia.

Sega has a ton of great games essentially stuck on the original xbox that could be brought to PC...and consoles. Skies of Arkadia was on DC and GC.

Like I said, all Panzer Dragoon games should/MUST come to PC. Agreed.

And if by some godly twist of destiny they could get Treasure to port over Radiant Silvergun and Ikaruga that would be great. But I guess that's not SEGA's task.

Anyway, mid-week incoming!

edit: There we go!

Transformers Fall of Cybertron 66% OFF
http://store.steampowered.com/app/213120/
DLC too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fall of Cybertron is cheaper (yes, cheaper!) in Australia: $50 base price or $16.99 discounted.

fallout

*shakes head* my god, whatever pride I thought I had evaporates so quickly.
A friend of mine offloaded a bunch of game codes on me because he couldn't get rid of them elsewhere. I now look at my Steam game list every few months and wonder: "Where did I ge- ... oh right."

Grief.exe

Main reason I'm keeping the game uninstalled until I find the time to play it.

Right click the game, go to properties, and uncheck, 'keep this game up to date.'

That way you wont be surprised by pointless updates.

Its interesting because I saw Witcher 2, JSR, and Sleeping Dogs all get database updates this morning or last night.

Blizzard

Banned
Right click the game, go to properties, and uncheck, 'keep this game up to date.'

That way you wont be surprised by pointless updates.

Its interesting because I saw Witcher 2, JSR, and Sleeping Dogs all get database updates this morning or last night.
They might be in the process of changing to the new content system or something.

Also, if you have that option unchecked, you'll still be forced to update if you decide to play the game, right? Which means you might be surprised by a few GB of updates when you actually do get around to playing Sleeping Dogs. :p

They might be in the process of changing to the new content system or something.

Also, if you have that option unchecked, you'll still be forced to update if you decide to play the game, right? Which means you might be surprised by a few GB of updates when you actually do get around to playing Sleeping Dogs. :p

Valid point. I think Steam tells you in the library if an update is available though, right? I generally have mine all update automatically so I can't remember right now.

Grief.exe

I'm fairly certain you can always decline to update.

Like for GTA IV, the best version for mods is if you roll back from the EFLC patch.

Or if you have a fan made patch for Vampire: Bloodlines or KOTOR.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm fairly certain you can always decline to update.

Like for GTA IV, the best version for mods is if you roll back from the EFLC patch.

Or if you have a fan made patch for Vampire: Bloodlines or KOTOR.
Steam gives you no option to roll back except maybe in the rare cases of opt-in betas. I would love such an option.

If you install all updates and then manually copy local backups of the files back into place, you MIGHT be able to run old versions without Steam automatically detecting it though. I think some people did that with Skyrim for a bit.

If anyone has proof that you can disable updates for say, Sleeping Dogs, wait 2 months for some DLC and the main game to be updated, and then play the game in singleplayer (not offline mode) without downloading any of the updates, I'd love to hear it. I've been griping about this for like 3 years and as far as I know it's never changed. =P

DryvBy

I was hoping to see the calculators actually give me the price I paid and so far, those have failed. It doesn't take into effect if you didn't buy bundles or if you were gifted something.

Grief.exe

Steam gives you no option to roll back except maybe in the rare cases of opt-in betas. I would love such an option.

If you install all updates and then manually copy local backups of the files back into place, you MIGHT be able to run old versions without Steam automatically detecting it though. I think some people did that with Skyrim for a bit.

If anyone has proof that you can disable updates for say, Sleeping Dogs, wait 2 months for some DLC and the main game to be updated, and then play the game in singleplayer (not offline mode) without downloading any of the updates, I'd love to hear it. I've been griping about this for like 3 years and as far as I know it's never changed. =P

Well the rollbacks with GTA were implemented through the community.

As I remember, as long as you have 'keep this game up to date' unchecked Steam will not force an update.

And you can play through the game just fine while online.

With Vampire:Bloodlines and GTA IV you have to use outdated or unofficial patches and Steam doesn't force an update.

With KOTOR 1 you have to run the Steam version with a cracked exe to get the wide screen patch to work. Again, without Steam asking for an update.

And you don't have to play offline, check my profile. I have significant time logged for all of these games.
Well except for GTA IV. That game isn't very good in my opinion, especially after playing Sleeping Dogs.

Zeth

I think I entered the wrong birth date at some point on the Steam web store, and now I can't view M rated game pages, urgh. I logged in, hoping to fix it, but I still get a "Sorry, but you're not permitted to view these materials at this time" message. Has anyone dealt with this?

Persona7

Banned
Does anyone have any of the Sega Genesis classics titles on steam? How are they?

I want digital versions of the Phantasy Star games, maybe I will check them out on Virtual Console because I can back up my legal purchases with homebrew.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I think I entered the wrong birth date at some point on the Steam web store, and now I can't view M rated game pages, urgh. I logged in, hoping to fix it, but I still get a "Sorry, but you're not permitted to view these materials at this time" message. Has anyone dealt with this?

You'll probably have to clear your cookies.

Get Risen.

The real Gothic 4. Good stuff.

Blizzard

Banned
As I remember, as long as you have 'keep this game up to date' unchecked Steam will not force an update.

And you can play through the game just fine while online.

With Vampire:Bloodlines and GTA IV you have to use outdated or unofficial patches and Steam doesn't force an update.

With KOTOR 1 you have to run the Steam version with a cracked exe to get the wide screen patch to work. Again, without Steam asking for an update.
I'm not meaning to be a jerk, I just think I may not be expressing myself clearly:

I'm not saying you can't use a modded executable, or even an old version that you saved from the particular Steam game directory. I've done that for Mirror's Edge. As long as it's not a VAC protected game, I don't think there's an issue with that...unless.

UNLESS, the developer updates a new patch, or in the case of Sleeping Dogs, new DLC that causes the main game to need a patch. At that point, as far as I know, running the game will immediately cause one of these situations:

1. You are in offline mode, and cannot play the game at all because Steam flagged it as having an update available the last time you were online.

2. You are in online mode, and the game will immediately pop up the dialog box about patching the game, you can play once it's finished, etc.

Again, correct me if anyone has evidence to the contrary. And yes as mentioned, if you backed up the executable earlier, you can copy it back into place and maybe run the old version of the game.

Zia

A Sword & Sworcery Steam key. Still looking for Lone Survivor and Dungeons of Dredmor if anyone has a spare. Enjoy.

Raxus

I'm waiting it to unlock before a possible pre-order :p

This is part of the problem. We should unlock hats tomorrow or the day after but that gives us less then 2 weeks to get XCOM. I am confident we will get it in that time but things would go faster if people would go ahead and reserve it instead of waiting for other people to take the risk.

dot

A Sword & Sworcery Steam key. Still looking for Lone Survivor and Dungeons of Dredmor if anyone has a spare. Enjoy.

Someone took that and didn't say anything.

If i ever get a hold of LS or DoD copies i'll be sure to contact you, for your generosity. :>

Zia

I have DoD if you still need it. pm me.

Thank you! Only Lone Survivor left. And this is the last time until next Humble Bundle I'll be spamming codes. Please post if you claim one and think about paying it forward with a Humble donation. : )

Cogs
Crayon Physics Deluxe
Crayon Physics Deluxe (Again)
Splice
Splice (Again)
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP (Again)
Swords & Soldiers
Zen Bound 2

ht01

I've had one of the crayon physics deluxe. Thanks for that

To pay karma forward, the 13th pm i get will get a gift emailed to them

robbed

Neo Member
Got the 2nd splice! Thanks!
Thank you! Only Lone Survivor left. And this is the last time until next Humble Bundle I'll be spamming codes. Please post if you claim one and think about paying it forward with a Humble donation. : )

Could anyone be kind enough to invite me to the Gaf group on steam?

I don't care about giveaways etc, but it'd be nice to have a community on Steam to play with/be part of.

Steamname is NihilisticMonk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom