• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaccard

Why not? I like games.

mj-laughing.gif

Derrick01

Banned
What's the point in recommending something to you when you hated the last 100 games you played? Did it come out in the last 8 years? Safe bet Derrick doesn't like it!

So since you guys know me so well then tell it to me straight when I ask like Salsa did. I don't need to know if it's good or bad but what the basics of the game are and I can take it from there. He got me intrigued in I am alive.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I Am Alive looks interesting, I may bite. I mean, I enjoyed Fragile because of the arguably similar setting and this looks way less mediocre gameplay-wise.

edit: bought

Salsa

I think Derrick gets annoying in a repeating scratched record kinda way in some threads for sure, but no need to pile up on him when he's just asking for opinions on a game

Hah, that was an amusing sidetrack. Derrick didn't ask for that.

So since you guys know me so well then tell it to me straight when I ask like Salsa did. I don't need to know if it's good or bad but what the basics of the game are and I can take it from there. He got me intrigued in I am alive.

You should definitely play it. The basic idea is great but they sort of punk out on taking it to the level I'd like to have seen. While I think if you've played things like Stalker and Fallout: Wanderer's Edition the survivalist mechanics will feel pretty gimmicky, there are still some interesting twists in there which make it worth a look.

Salsa

Tiny & Big 2 needs to happen

the world was great, the art was amazing, the music was fantastic

one of the more unique indie games out there. Need more, didnt reach it's potential at all.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I don't really follow users, so I dunno about Derrick and all his "game hatin'," but how picky can someone be if they're rocking a Deus Ex avatar?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Guys, I've got some credit at GMG, so which do I get:

Q.U.B.E.

or

Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers?

Damn. You're tearing me apart. They're both about the same quality and the same length, so either way you're good.

If you want a story with your physics based platforming, go Tiny and Big. If you want something more in line with Portal but without an explicit narrative, go QUBE.

One could argue that most threads don't ask for Derrick.
Shhheeeeeiiiittt.

Tiny & Big 2 needs to happen

the world was great, the art was amazing, the music was fantastic

one of the more unique indie games out there. Need more, didnt reach it's potential at all.

Agreed 100% although I'd also take a completely new game from them. It was pretty hilarious and once you get into it, the level design is pretty damn great. T&B2 with better platforming mechanics would be amazing.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I think Derrick gets annoying in a repeating scratched record kinda way in some threads for sure, but no need to pile up on him when he's just asking for opinions on a game

Yeah I have a hard time coming up with games that I remember Derrick liking but I've never understood the dogpile mentality on the dude. When derrick was in Steam thread's land, let my derrick go!

Derrick01

Banned
I dont wanna go completely off-topic here but I wonder what Derrick thinks of Alpha Protocol

One of the best RPGs of the generation. I haven't really thought about its place in detail yet, but I'm sure it could fit in top 5 with how barren the genre has become outside of a select few companies.

On a side note that's why I can't wait for the crpg revival that's going to be starting sometime later this year when shadowrun or wasteland comes out, whichever comes first.

Thanks for the advice guys. Watched a few minutes of a Let's Play of both games and found myself more drawn towards Q.U.B.E. so that's the one I picked. Will probably get Tiny and Big a later date too.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
What do those recent announcements have to do with the probability of the halo trilogy coming to steam?

If you were talking about AoE2 and Microsoft forsaking GFWL, probability looks good.
Because they were all found in the Steam database together. Nobody knew if they were true, but many of them have appeared since, or have been announced/confirmed: Dyad, Fez, Age of Empires 2 HD, Saints Row 4, Duke Nukem 3D and several more I can't remember now.

So many think it's probably only a matter of time at this point. And they may be right.

KingKong

One of the best RPGs of the generation. I haven't really thought about its place in detail yet, but I'm sure it could fit in top 5 with how barren the genre has become outside of a select few companies.

On a side note that's why I can't wait for the crpg revival that's going to be starting sometime later this year when shadowrun or wasteland comes out, whichever comes first.

really? I thought you were all about the gameplay and as a game (and not a choose your own adventure cutscene), it was fairly terrible

Salsa

Rayman Origins was so great.

I think im gonna replay it SP soon. I played it with a friend in its entirety on one sitting, but I never went for the collectables thus never unlocked the "secret world" or whatever. I need to see that.

Chronoja

Because they were all found in the Steam database together. Nobody knew if they were true, but many of them have appeared since, or have been announced/confirmed: Dyad, Fez, Age of Empires 2 HD, Saints Row 4, Duke Nukem 3D and several more I can't remember now.

So many think it's probably only a matter of time at this point. And they may be right.

Ah yeah, that's right. Thanks, I'd completely forgotten.

zkylon

zkylewd

I was trying to think what you'd find not to like about it and couldn't come up with anything (I mean aside from the obvious but who cares if shooting feels like shit).

seriously one of the best game of the generation

Dr Dogg

really? I thought you were all about the gameplay and as a game (and not a choose your own adventure cutscene), it was fairly terrible

What? That waddling around infiltrating and shooting malarkey mixed in with some unintuitive mini games? Nah that wasn't the gameplay. Picking the right amount of awesome, ladies man or professional lines of dialogue not to mention picking the right hair cut and beard really made the experience.

nexen

I played Alpha Protocol until I got to the hotel in the arab country. I was too bored to continue by then, does it get better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom