• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
I think there's a direct correlation on how much you like Alpha Protocol and if you like Archer
I watched maybe an episode or two of Archer and didn't care for it, so I'm glad to hear this.

On the other hand, doesn't Alpha Protocol have a cute girl with purple hair? I'm so torn!

Salsa

I watched maybe an episode or two of Archer and didn't care for it, so I'm glad to hear this.

On the other hand, doesn't Alpha Protocol have a cute girl with purple hair? I'm so torn!

that's jim-jams waifu, step off

also you guys need to watch more Archer, what the fuck

nexen

I think there's a direct correlation on how much you like Alpha Protocol and if you like Archer
I love Archer.

The game doesn't even truly begin until you finish the saudi arabia stuff. That's basically the intro.

Most games improve after their tutorials, yes.

That was a long ass tutorial.

I thought I did some sneaking around in a museum or something before the arab hotel? Or am I confusing that with some Splinter Cell game?

KingKong

doesn't work on me, I hate everything that feels adult swim-ish.

combat was terrible in deus ex, it's still gold.

Deus Ex came out in 2000, not 2010 and it was one of the first fps rpg hybrids, which is a lot more forgivable than a third person cover shooter

also Deus Ex was actually fun to play

I don't remember a museum... The tutorial can be long if you do everything, but you can actually just do basic training and skip the really good bits. Keep playing, seriously. Your credibility depends on it.

isn't sis 16 or something?

your gross

There's turf on the wicket, it's okay to play cricket

zkylon

zkylewd
Deus Ex came out in 2000, not 2010 and it was one of the first fps rpg hybrids, which is a lot more forgivable than a third person cover shooter

also Deus Ex was actually fun to play
choice and consequence in alpha protocol is among the best in the history of RPGs, which is the reason you should be playing the game in the first place, but who knows why you're thinking it's a third person shooter.

again, if you play deus ex as a fps you're setting yourself up for disaster. don't make the same mistake with alpha protocol and you should be alright

Yeah combat was terrible, it was a shame.
can't think of a adequate quote, so i'll just go with one of my unrelated favorites "YOURE GONNA BURN ALRIGHT"

Thankfully, I disregard the opinions of everyone with an anime avatar.
I gave it a shot but was forever disappointed when he didn't actually kill that hooker, I'm serious.

will you settle for 'janky'?

cm-33226-050b6657ca6a58.gif

nexen

I don't remember a museum... The tutorial can be long if you do everything, but you can actually just do basic training and skip the really good bits. Keep playing, seriously. Your credibility depends on it.
Goddamnit. Fine.

edit: Oh and while we're on the topic of my credibility: KOTOR1 is 10x better than KOTOR2.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I gave it a shot but was forever disappointed when he didn't actually kill that hooker, I'm serious.
This is inarguably the weirdest reason for not liking Archer I've ever encountered.

Give it another shot or I just may have to commit xenocide.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't mind the combat in Alpha Protocol, especially once I got over the fact it was dice rolls in real time basically and accepted it for what it was. Most certainly janky but it was ambitious and I loved it for that. Voice acting was all around great and the impact the choices had on my story absolutely amazed me for a 'modern' game. Nolan Norths performance as that fucking lunatic Steven Heck was especially great. Going from the dialogue in that to say the dialogue in Mass Effect 3 felt like a massive come down to me. Phenomenal game and probably my favourite 'janky' RPG this gen. I love Obsidians work (well from what I've played that is) and they are the one company I'd be really sad to see go bust.

I think their Kickstarter will be their true test though. They can take the time they want to make the game they want, let's see how that goes.

stanley1993

Neo Member
neogaf does not let me start new threads so i came here. My pc browser is having a problem in which i cant solve. If there is anyone that knows what to do, could they please reply back or pm me.
------------
Does anyone know what might be the problem with my browser. Every time it loads a new page on another tab, it doesn't immediately load the page. What it does is show the image of the page from the previous tab when i switch to the new tab. I know that the page is loaded behind the page i am seeing but i cannot access until i switch to the old tab and switch back to the new. When the new tab loads and shows the page image of the previous tab, it is unresponsive. Just an image. I can not scroll or interact with anything on the page but when i switch tabs back and fourth to get to the new page, it is fixed. I do know that i have incredibar, which i can not completely remove, installed to my browser, but that is the only add-on i think would be able to affect my browser in such a way. I have been dealing with it for a while but it has gotten more annoying.

nexen

Clearly you just don't appreciate Obsidian games, they are too awesome for your pedestrian tastes brah.

P.S. I liked Obsidian before it was cool

In SW bad guys dress in black and might as well strangle puppies and kick kittens. Good guys are Mark Hamill style squeaky-clean. Ambiguity and complicated moral quandaries are ill suited to the Star Wars universe. Also they seemed to not know how to separate the chaff from the wheat in the Old Republic fiction. Some of the Mandalorian stuff they put into the game was so awkward. Also - abrupt, unfinished ending. But we all know that one.
They had some crazy fun abilities in the late game though, I have to admit that.

I liked Obsidian better when it was Troika. And Troika better when it was Black Isle.

never mention 'janky' again, got it :D

I recently picked up AP from GMG and will be giving it another go. I think when I originally played it was KB/M, going for controller this time

If anyone has a giftable copy of Arma III Lite I would greatly appreciate it if you could send one my way! I think that the game looks awesome and I just built a new gaming rig last weekend.
I just read on RPS that owners of the Alpha have giftable copies to give away!

EDIT: If this is frowned upon, asking for a beta gift, then I apologize.

zkylon

zkylewd
AP is similar in so many aspects to deus ex

it even has that thing where people were bored out of it by the first two hours of the game

just survive saudi arabia and proceed to complain how obsidian cut so much sis out of the game

Sini

If anyone has a giftable copy of Arma III Lite I would greatly appreciate it if you could send one my way! I think that the game looks awesome and I just built a new gaming rig last weekend.
I just read on RPS that owners of the Alpha have giftable copies to give away!

EDIT: If this is frowned upon, asking for a beta gift, then I apologize.
I can send you one.
Add me on Steam. Same name as here.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
AP is similar in so many aspects to deus ex

it even has that thing where people were bored out of it by the first two hours of the game

just survive saudi arabia and proceed to complain how obsidian cut so much sis out of the game
What? Who the fuck could be bored at the 2nd hour of Deus Ex? The game was amazing right from the very beginning!

And it doesn't even look half bad, either. Yeah, you could say I loved it, and you'd be right. I only wish I hadn't been 12 years late to the party.

zkylon

zkylewd
What? Who the fuck could be bored at the 2nd hour of Deus Ex? The game was amazing right from the very beginning!

And it doesn't even look half bad, either. Yeah, you could say I loved it, and you'd be right. I only wish I hadn't been 12 years late to the party.
a lot of people hated liberty island or however it was called. I can understand it, it's not that great, really.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
a lot of people hated liberty island or however it was called. I can understand it, it's not that great, really.
Shut up, it was fantastic and I won't hear a word against it!

Not having a map at all times, and therefore getting lost, was really nice for a change. Obviously I don't like it in every game, but it helped enhance the experience here. And the level design was top tier.

I can't believe I only paid $2.50 for that masterpiece. Somehow I feel worse than a pirate :p

nah, not at all. It's probably one of the best deals I've ever got, at least gaming related

I think what gets people is having a gun, running up to the first NSF troop and not being able to shoot worth a god damn and getting killed. At that point you have to realize that despite its FPS trappings it's not a game to be played like one.

Derrick01

Banned
Off topic (I guess?) for a second but is it ok to buy these dota 2 invites on the steam market? There's so many and they're all like 2 cents which makes me suspicious why anyone would even bother selling them at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom