• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

COME ON LOST ODYSSEY!
COME ON GUILTY GEAR 2!
LET ME HAVE THEM ON STEAM MICROSOFT!

Also Lollipop Chainsaw and Shadows of the Damned should be on Steam so I can appreciate their visuals.

Jeez, guys, STOP IT! I wake up and we get Rise of the Nations and maybe more?!?!?

Now, if we could get Dragon's Dogma, Vanquish and Bayonetta it would be full f*ckin' house.

Red Dead Redemption too!

Hell, yeah, let's add it to the pile! But will Rockstar cave? Platinum kind of showed tell-tale signs that if enough support is shown they might do it...

But what about Rockstar? If they announce it I bet they would want to recoup any porting costs within 24 hours of putting it on sale (just to surpass Alan Wake's mark :p).

But, let's rephrase it, Red Dead Redemption with mod support. I can't begin to imagine what the modders could do to the game in terms of high res graphics and visual enhancements.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hell, yeah, let's add it to the pile! But will Rockstar cave? Platinum kind of showed tell-tale signs that if enough support is shown they might do it...

But what about Rockstar? If they announce it I bet they would want to recoup any porting costs within 24 hours of putting it on sale (just to surpass Alan Wake's mark :p).

Supposedly, RAGE was butchered to get RDR running on consoles, but that's a rumour I don't buy, even less so when it's allegedly the rationalisation for why there's no PC port. GTAIV PC's initial release was virtually nothing more than a dump of the X360 codebase, so if nothing else R* could just do the very same thing with RDR and be done with it.

Grief.exe

Halo 3 will be able to tide me over for a long time. Just need a modern Halo game that isn't a butchered port.

Throw in Rise of Nations, AoE II, and some more classics and they can go back in their hole.

I hope halo 4 is ported by gearbox; the halo ce port was greAt
The CE port was pretty ass. Netcode was atrocious, it ran pretty bad on the contemporary hardware of its release, it has missing effects for both ATi and Nvidia cards, with stealth camo permanently botched specifically for Nvidia.

def sim

Halo PC was well supported and had good PC exclusive maps, but Gearbox bungled up the netcode. Hitboxes were noticeably ahead of character models when in movement. That would be unacceptable today even if it were manageable after some time.

Halo PC was well supported and had good PC exclusive maps, but Gearbox bungled up the netcode. Hitboxes were noticeably ahead of character models when in movement. That would be unacceptable today even if it were manageable after some time.
Ahh yes those PC maps were definitely great additions.

Zia

I had a dream last night in which a few of EA's newer high-profile games, as well as Sid Meier's SimGolf HD with Steam Workshop support, appeared in the database. It was sad
on multiple levels

JaseC

I'd like for EA to stop being so petulant and at least put up on Steam its games that are no longer being supported with DLC as complete editions (e.g. Dragon Age 2), but that's a pipe dream for the foreseeable future.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The CE port was pretty ass. Netcode was atrocious, it ran pretty bad on the contemporary hardware of its release, it has missing effects for both ATi and Nvidia cards, with stealth camo permanently botched specifically for Nvidia.

The netcode was garbage because MS required they support 56k proper with it supposedly.

I'd like for EA to stop being so petulant and at least put up on Steam its games that are no longer being supported with DLC as complete editions (e.g. Dragon Age 2), but that's a pipe dream for the foreseeable future.

That would require they make a DLC complete edition first :(

I would buy a DLC complete edition of ME1-3 and DA2 on Steam. The current Bioware implementation sucks.

JaseC

That would require they make a DLC complete edition first :(

I would buy a DLC complete edition of ME1-3 and DA2 on Steam. The current Bioware implementation sucks.

True, but it wouldn't be hard to just add the content into the game and package the resulting product. I can't help but wonder if the rumour surrounding EA's cease of support for Steam being that it demanded a larger cut was in fact true.

def sim

Yeah you are right, they conned the heck out of Sega. I enjoyed the Halo CE port though, it ran really well on my 9800 pro and I didnt have any issues with the multiplayer

I think I had a Ti 4600 at the time and I don't remember having performance issues. Apart from the camo glitch mentioned and netcode, I enjoyed the port well enough.

JaseC

Thankfully they're not even in a position to make a good game.

To be fair, Gearbox did make one good game in the form of Opposing Force, although when you're working from a Valve blueprint, a bad game would have to be deliberate (...which is exactly what happened with Blue Shift).

Fuck, so I got a new HDD, made it my main Hard Drive and then I moved everything from my old Steam folder to the new one.

Now Batman Arkham City wants me to register my new HDD as a new PC. Any way I can skip this?

JaseC

Fuck, so I got a new HDD, made it my main Hard Drive and then I moved everything from my old Steam folder to the new one.

Now Batman Arkham City wants me to register my new HDD as a new PC. Any way I can skip this?

Short of using a cracked exe, no, but if you're really worried you can move Steam back to the old HDD and run the game with the /revoke parameter.

It was originally announced as such but actually hasn't been released yet.

Ah, right. Typical Valve!

Blizzard

Banned

That's the wonders of SecuROM if I recall correctly?

I just did a little searching around, and I bought Arkham City, but I am a little concerned with some of what I'm reading. Presumably some of it is inaccurate, so maybe someone can share some confirmation one way or the other.

Revocation: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2266562

Revocation comments, noting that the revoke tool does not show up on SecuROM's support website for the game? http://steamcommunity.com/app/57400/discussions/0/866071665480746624/

Summary of DRM issues, suggesting that the retail version of Arkham City has a 15-install limit due to a GFWL key, but you can never revoke them at all? http://steamcommunity.com/app/200260/discussions/0/882959799616548329/

In addition to all of the above, at least a couple of search results suggested that there is a REVOKE limit, possibly hidden? If that's true, does that mean you have to find the right company to call, Crysis 1 style, to get more activations?

Blizzard

Banned
Why do i even bother?

Maybe I should stop playing Arkham City. Congrats SecuROM, you win.
Well if you've only uninstalled once or twice you're probably fine, and you can possibly use the revoke tool in the future. I think flagging a new hard drive as a new PC is kind of lame though.

Summary of DRM issues, suggesting that the retail version of Arkham City has a 15-install limit due to a GFWL key, but you can never revoke them at all? http://steamcommunity.com/app/200260/discussions/0/882959799616548329/

Asylum is the one with the 15-install limit, and you can use any GFWL key so you can take one from another game. There's also a 4 machine limit from SecuROM, but you can revoke that. Asylum is arguably worse even though it doesn't need a GFWL key as it also uses SecuROM and you can only revoke it twice. Can't understand why they didn't just allow you to install it on two more machines since the end result is the same with less faffing around.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Hey guys, thanks for all the head's up on Clear Sky. I turned off dynamic lighting and now I'm running around on high settings for everything else and getting at least 45 fps so it's all good now.

The story is starting to build up stream! Still wishing I could have picked up Hotline Miami also, though ;-) Ah well, I can't get into the habit of hoarding games.

Grief.exe

I already posted this once, thought I would see if any more nice gaffers would hook me up.

I've been trying to outfit my Scout in TF2 with a cool hat. I have exhausted almost all of my old weapons in pursuit of this, and don't really have any left to smelt down.

Anyone want to help me out with some of their old weapons just sitting in their inventory?

I don't expect the ones that you can sell on the market, but the yellow ones that cannot be sold.

Thanks for your help guys!

JaseC

I already posted this once, thought I would see if any more nice gaffers would hook me up.

I've been trying to outfit my Scout in TF2 with a cool hat. I have exhausted almost all of my old weapons in pursuit of this, and don't really have any left to smelt down.

Anyone want to help me out with some of their old weapons just sitting in their inventory?

I don't expect the ones that you can sell on the market, but the yellow ones that cannot be sold.

Thanks for your help guys!

You can add me on Steam and poke through my inventory if you'd like (my GAF homepage is set to my Steam Community profile, so you can access it just by clicking on my username).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom