• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Somebody tell me if Organ Trail is worthwhile.

Somebody Tell me if Organ Trail
Organ Trail
Organ

Organ Trail!

The game where you play Organs while running down a road

8036622340_2db9873c9d_z.jpg

Or you find a bunch of Organs while hiking...

I think my game ideas are better than a zombie game ;)

Kabouter

Cities in Motion 2 up for preorder

Also, Cities in Motion 1 stuff is all on sale (again)

smh. Both screenshots and video on the Steam page are completely useless, how are those going to tell me whether 2 is worth buying if I already have 1? In general, I wouldn't mind checking out a demo first to see if it all works well enough and what the improvements are like. Not looking forward to dealing with another broken management game :p.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Somebody tell me if Organ Trail is worthwhile.

It's basically Oregon Trail. If you can still enjoy playing that game, you can enjoy Organ Trail. I played the iOS, which appears to be more or less the same as the PC version. It's good for a few hours of stressful entertainment, but it didn't take long until I felt like I had seen everything that can happen and the frequent shootouts, scavenging and car chases got old fast. KB/M can fix the poor controls in those segments, but they still would be too basic and repetitive to be any good.

I think it's worth it at $4 if you're big on zombies or Oregon Trail, but don't expect something with a ton of longevity.

Dr Dogg

Sweet jimmeny they've done put zombies in everything now.

edit: oh god, despite my hatred of zombified everything the dithered EGA look to the art is really selling it for me.

All we need is Cooking Mama: Braaaaiiins and zombies will have had a hand in every genre and we'll have come full circle.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
No, just with the last bit of the ending.
Remember that at the end, you are on the set of a movie? The DLC is you doing mission while shooting said movie.
You're on earth the whole time.
Oh thanks! I may play it someday, then.

All we need is Cooking Mama: Braaaaiiins and zombies will have had a hand in every genre and we'll have come full circle.
Rock Band: Michael Jackson (featuring the full Thriller album), Putt-Putt Kills the Zoo and Pro Evolution Zombies.

JordanKZ

smh. Both screenshots and video on the Steam page are completely useless, how are those going to tell me whether 2 is worth buying if I already have 1? In general, I wouldn't mind checking out a demo first to see if it all works well enough and what the improvements are like. Not looking forward to dealing with another broken management game :p.

From what I understand you can actually place roads etc. now rather than having to rely on what's already in place. That's the big draw this time.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I don't think there has been a zombie fighting game yet, which could actually be pretty interesting now that I think about.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Well you have me intrigued by 1. I'll definitely check it out down the road since I think I would dig a more flexible version of Trials.

I would dig a well-optimized no uplay version of Trials

If what you like about Trials is the way it controls (i.e., the granular analog feel and precise physics), just be warned that Joe Danger is not very much like it. It's fundamentally a different thing.

morningbus

Y'all need X-Moto. Its free and runs on just about everything.

Tokenism. They deserve their own fighting game, not some two-bit reskin.

Maybe we can get the people who were developing the MLP fighting game to make it. They've been looking for another fad that's overstayed its welcome.

I'm not quite sure a texture pack is enough to salvage the game. But at least they're trying to improve their mess.

Just like how Bart tried hiding the melted Christmas tree in snow.

Grief.exe

I'm not quite sure a texture pack is enough to salvage the game. But at least they're trying to improve their mess.

It did a lot more than that, I guess I linked poorly. I just clicked on the first one on google.

General

Improved texture resolution.
Various visual improvements.
Added mouse smoothing to options menu.
Fixed crashes tied to launch and motion tracker.
Added additional safeguards to better protect save data.
Resolved an issue where a player's level could sometimes appear incorrect when backing out of a party.
Addressed several scenarios under which players could spawn without a weapon.
Changes to better prevent audio from sometimes cutting out during end of mission cinematics.
Fixed issue where Xeno death animation was not properly calculating momentum of the killing blow.
Smart Gun animation now properly tracks targets.
Addressed some instances where Xenos would display erratic animations.
Increased light radius for player's shoulder lamp.
Adjusted aim assist to better reflect player input.
Addressed an issue that could sometimes cause co-op player revival to not work under certain circumstances.
Addressed issues with players not spawning into a level properly.
Fixed a marine player invincibility exploit.
Resolved several instances where players could walk or fall outside of maps.
Addressed an issue where Ripley's Flamethrower (bonus content) would sometimes fire continuously without player input.
Fixed an issue that could cause localized text to sometimes display incorrectly.
Addressed an issue where weapon ammunition was not always highlighted properly.
General user interface improvements.
Miscellaneous bug fixes.
Campaign

Tweaked enemy and friendly AI to be more aggressive and responsive.
Modified campaign difficulty to account for improved AI responsiveness.
Improved enemy collision detection regarding doors and Power Loader.
Addressed some issues that could cause improper warping for co-op players.
Various tweaks to address instances where NPC characters would not always properly navigate to objectives.
Players will no longer bleed out immediately when downed in a Power Loader.
Versus

Fixed issues that could cause clients to report inaccurate results and statistics.
Addressed instances where a map would appear to "pop in" when loading into a new match.
New Xeno appearance customization added.
Multiplayer teams should now correctly auto-balance between rounds.
Increased duration of Lurker Pounce Challenge "Cat-Like Reflexes" from 10 to 20 seconds.
Fixed issue where certain multiplayer challenges would not unlock properly for all characters.
Crusher pick-ups now correctly appear as highlighted for clients.

source: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...-Aliens-Colonial-Marines-Improves-AI-Graphics

it kinda bothers me that activated steam keys don't pop up in the activity feed

i want to see what people are buying damn it

That's Valve's little devious way of making everyone buy from the store. You may purchase your games cheaper in other outfits but the "real deal" for the OCD, the real show off is that any other contacts and people will only see what you get from the Steam store.

And when enough store purchases are done a 3 will show up and then an H and Half-Life 3 will be announced. So says the prophecy. What prophecy? I have no idea.

I think the big changes are being able to place your own roads and that cities aren't static; they'll develop over time like in Transport Tycoon.

But I know what you mean about needing a demo. I wanted to like the first one but it was all kinds of broken.

That's Valve's little devious way of making everyone buy from the store. You may purchase your games cheaper in other outfits but the "real deal" for the OCD, the real show off is that any other contacts and people will only see what you get from the Steam store.

And when enough store purchases are done a 3 will show up and then an H and Half-Life 3 will be announced. So says the prophecy. What prophecy? I have no idea.

Some games don't even appear on your games list in the community section. For example, I bought the Legacy of Kain Collection at GamersGate, and it's not showing in the list, while it is for those who purchased it via the Steam Store.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Cities in Motion 2 up for preorder

Also, Cities in Motion 1 stuff is all on sale (again)

For the people who played a lot of the first game, did they ever let you set bus schedules? I remember that being an issue when the game launched, although maybe I was being stupid and just never found the option. Drove me crazy, since at some point my buses when tend to all back up at the same stop.

Salsa

in case you guys are missing this:

iIjfrZcADZLdS.PNG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOwMtZCncFs

a new level “set in a flashback to the early life of Dosan (the enlightened tattoo artist) that will set the stage for the events that transpire in Mark of the Ninja.”

Players will also be able to utilize a new nonlethal takedown ability, plus two new items -- “one more geared to stealth and concealment and one a bit more direct.” The game will also receive developer commentary, which will “discuss various aspects of the game's creation, anecdotes, at least two history lessons and other behind the scenes info from nearly everyone on the team.”

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I hope the upgrade costs like 5 bucks.

I didn't buy the game (got it from a friend) and I didn't play it yet, but I'm already pissed.

Salsa

I didn't buy the game (got it from a friend) and I didn't play it yet, but I'm already pissed.

why would you be pissed?

if you're gonna be pissed by DLC you're gonna have a worse time with other stuff man. This is just an addon or something. They'd never just suddenly raise the price of the original game.

Some games don't even appear on your games list in the community section. For example, I bought the Legacy of Kain Collection at GamersGate, and it's not showing in the list, while it is for those who purchased it via the Steam Store.

Really? Ok, that one is a bit on the extreme side... Perhaps they forgot to enable third party keys in there or something. But it's quite clear that they want some sort of veiled "competition" with your friends to see who gets more "Dude X now owns games Y". We see it in this very thread. Nobody is posting a screenshot of their GG or GMG library with the game they bought. It's all Steam "Dude now owns Game" :p

It's such a little thing but so devious!

But, at the end of the day, Game Count Enlargement (c) is where is at. Steam's very own Gamerscore!

morningbus

God damnit. Klei better pay to have my wall cleaned as I literally just shit in my hand and threw it against the wall in anger.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
why would you be pissed?

if you're gonna be pissed by DLC you're gonna have a worse time with other stuff man. This is just an addon or something. They'd never just suddenly raise the price of the original game.

If this was marketed as DLC, I wouldn't be pissed at all.

Everytime I read "Special Edition", I think of a "Here's the same game we sold you, except now it has more content and it costs about the same. Oh, you have the regular edition? Well fuck you, buy the game again because there's no upgrade path for you".

So I end up in a Dead Island scenario, where I have the Original Game, but if I wanted the DLC that's only available on the GOTY edition, I'd have to pay the full price of the GOTY edition (since the upgrade discount doesn't apply when the game goes on sale).

If this was just straigh up DLC that gets discounted like everything, I wouldn't bother.

Salsa

If this was marketed as DLC, I wouldn't be pissed at all.

Everytime I read "Special Edition", I think of a "Here's the same game we sold you, except now it has more content and it costs about the same. Oh, you have the regular edition? Well fuck you, buy the game again because there's no upgrade path for you".

So I end up in a Dead Island scenario, where I have the Original Game, but if I wanted the DLC that's only available on the GOTY edition, I'd have to pay the full price of the GOTY edition (since the upgrade discount doesn't apply when the game goes on sale).

If this was just straigh up DLC that gets discounted like everything, I wouldn't bother.

it's straight up DLC

The added content will be delivered via DLC for a price yet unannounced.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Perfect. I'm half-way through my new game + run and I wouldn't mind an additional level. I hope they don't add any dickishly hard achievements though.

Grief.exe

So over the past week GAF has given me advice and helped me along the way to dressing up my scout!

Special shout out to JaseC, Vargas, and Zerokku for donating their old items, or even buying me a genuine in Zerokku's case.

Rickenslagger and Dr. Paingloss also gave me some good advice about crafting/trading, completely opened my eyes.

I've been combing my old uniques like mad into refined, trading, and got what I needed.

I have most of the scout weapons now as well, the only ones that I am missing are Crit Cola, Guillotine, Wrap Assassin, Candy Cane, Atomizer, and some promotional ones.

BTgLOS6.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Noitu Love 2 doesn't appear on my list either, and I got it as a Steam gift.

Moobabe

So over the past week GAF has given me advice and helped me along the way to dressing up my scout!

Special shout out to JaseC, Vargas, and Zerokku for donating their old items, or even buying me a genuine in Zerokku's case.

Rickenslagger and Dr. Paingloss also gave me some good advice about crafting/trading, completely opened my eyes.

I've been combing my old uniques like mad into refined, trading, and got what I needed.

I have most of the scout weapons now as well, the only ones that I am missing are Crit Cola, Guillotine, Wrap Assassin, Candy Cane, Atomizer, and some promotional ones.

Welcome to the best class in the game. The more ridiculous you look the better you will play.

Cities in Motion was pretty awesome though. Very funny and just the right amount of stuff to do for me(bought the game and most dlc). I guess some TTD people found it lacking but for me just new cities/missions/vehicles would be great.

What I'm trying to say is that CiM2 should be great if they don't completely go Simcity on us.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Hey, you'll always have the 360 version.

It's not like I can play the PC version of TF2 now even if I wanted to. I have to verify game cache every time I try to launch the game. The Steam Pipe conversion is supposed to fix that, but Valve time lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom