• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
here's a list of games:

Super Mario Bros
Street Fighter
Little Big Adventure
Gunstar Heroes
Ricochet
The Secret World
Super Mario Land
Mortal Kombat 2
Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero
Blasto
I read Little Big Adventure? Why did I read Little Big Adventure? Is Little Big Adventure coming to Steam? I want Little Big Adventure to come to Steam, somebody please make it happen.

And Twinsen's Odyssey too, I want Twinsen's Odyssey to come to Steam. Somebody please make it happen too.

angelfly

I read Little Big Adventure? Why did I read Little Big Adventure? Is Little Big Adventure coming to Steam? I want Little Big Adventure to come to Steam, somebody please make it happen.

And Twinsen's Odyssey too, I want Twinsen's Odyssey to come to Steam. Somebody please make it happen too.

You can get both on GOG for $10.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Binary Domain is just so damn smooth. I'm going to have fun with this.
Just remember to mute sounds and disable subtitles when the characters start talking. And go grab a beer or something.

You can get both on GOG for $10.
But I want them on Steam :(

I'll wait for the remake/HD version/whatever it is they are doing to LBA to port it to Android, and if it doesn't get a new PC version soon after, I may end up betraying Gabe and going the GOG route.

dot

I know it's not representative, but the RE6 benchmark ran pretty badly on my PC. ): So now I'm just a little paranoid!

It ran kinda badly on my system too. Though it's more of a stress test than anything.

I'm really excited to hear there will be a Revelations demo! Wonder why RE5 and RE6 don't have one..

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Just remember to mute sounds and disable subtitles when the characters start talking. And go grab a beer or something.

Ooooh you. Big Bo and the gang are fucking awesome. Loved all the characters and the dialogue between them. Also, Cain 4 Life yo.

Ooooh you. Big Bo and the gang are fucking awesome. Loved all the characters and the dialogue between them. Also, Cain 4 Life yo.

The French trailer had such an impressive dubbing. One guy had a local accent (from Marseille) that completely blew my mind. I don't know if it's in the final game, but that was so incredible that I really hope they kept it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Holler if you're deaf :p

Big Bo was tolerable, maybe even funny at times. The rest were mediocre, with a couple of characters reaching into insufferable territory.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Holler if you're deaf :p

Big Bo was tolerable, maybe even funny at times. The rest were mediocre, with a couple of characters reaching into insufferable territory.

:p

Well Charlie is a bit of an arsehole and Rachel a bit bland but I honestly found them all pretty likeable, especially as the game went on. Dan and Bo never fail to crack me up, especially everyone's reaction to them. Plus Cain, best french robot ever. Give him his own game. Mowing down enemies and as they die spout one liners like "Would you like some cheese with zee whine ?"

Didn't pick up ME3 in the origin sale by chance? That is what me finally decide I should probably play it.

Nope, but I should have. I picked up 1 and 2 a million years ago on a Steam sale and am just now rocking through them. Great story so far. I was a soldier in ME1, so it's time to go all-in as an adept.

BTW, that Mass Effect 2 intro...wow!

/jamesfrancosogood.gif

Hellix

New game, everyone post their top 5 games from their Steam wishlist and what they are currently playing.

Currently Playing:
World of Tanks
Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army
Waiting game for RE6

Wishlist:
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Company of Heroes 2
Grid 2
The Secret World

Playing:
Mark of the Ninja - I'm an hour in and enjoying it, which is surprising because 1, I usually don't like stealth games and 2, the reason for 1 is that I suck at stealth games
Torchlight 2 with the Synergies Mod - lots of fun but I'm literally blasting through stuff with my flame hammer
XCOM - 11 hours in and still enjoying it, but I cringe every time I have to go out on a mission (for fear of sending half my team to their deaths)

There are another 45 or so games in my "library" that I'm "playing"... but in reality the three I mentioned are getting the lion's share of my time.

Wishlist:
Despite having a crapload of games to play, including another dozen or so on the 360 and PS3, what do you know? I have about 15 games on my Steam wishlist! What. The. Fuck. Am. I. Doing.

Fieldrunners 2
AoE II HD
and a host of others I can't recall off the top of my head.

kurahador

God...this Alice Madness Returns platforming levels are tedious as hell.

Btw;
Currently Playing:
Alice Madness Returns
Dota 2

Wishlist:
COH 2
Far Cry 3
Dark Souls
Borderlands 2
Dishonored

ArjanN

Well Charlie is a bit of an arsehole and Rachel a bit bland but I honestly found them all pretty likeable, especially as the game went on. Dan and Bo never fail to crack me up, especially everyone's reaction to them. Plus Cain, best french robot ever. Give him his own game. Mowing down enemies and as they die spout one liners like "Would you like some cheese with zee whine ?"

I liked that everyone started out as stereotypes but then they all got a bit more rounded as the game went on.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Please..

Derrick style is not fun anymore..
I've been saying this before Derrick was cool.

Well, not really. I played the game 2 months ago, and that's when I first said this.

I didn't dislike the game. It was fun, flawed but fun. But I think the characters and dialogue are WAY overrated.

I admit that Dan and Bo had their moments, but the line you quoted simply made me cringe. And that annoying British guy had a stupid habit of talking right after a shooting scene, making my character walk ever so slowly and my adrenaline levels deplete instantly.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I liked that everyone started out as stereotypes but then they all got a bit more rounded as the game went on.

Yeah exactly and it surprised me the most with Big Bo. For the first 30mins - 1hr you think 'oooh boy' but he becomes a genuinely great character the more the game goes on with some great humour and banter between the teammates.

Seriously, you stupid prisoners don't fucking complain about not being able to call your families after I gave you all like 20 phones and you just broke them. Ungrateful dickwads.

Victims of society my ass.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Built in video recording.

This has to be it. Or at least the one big area that Valve needs to focus on, but I'm sure they're focused on it with TF2, Counter-Strike, DOTA2 and all that. I won't record a ton of crap but something in-client would be vastly preferable to the awful free fraps video recording stuff.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if I'm liking much the new Duke Nukem 3D version. The music in the main menu loops terribly, with a second or 2 of silence between each iteration, while on the original game it was seamless. And the mouse feels weird.

Salsa

well I recieved an email and

il4lFKwAAy25X.PNG

.. when did I buy this?

(I redeemed the key btw)

Blizzard

Banned
It'd be nice if you could like, verify game cache integrity and do anything else at the same time (or do the latest updates allow this?). But maybe that's not feasible.

On an unrelated note, looking at the top selling games list, so many of the early access games seem to be there. I imagine getting into the first set of early access games was huge for the people involved.

Grief.exe

Resident Evil Revelations raid mode sounds sick

It really is. Lemme break down Raid Mode for you:

You start at lv. 1. You level up to lv. 50. Your enemies range from lv. 1 to lv. 50, as well. And in Raid, there are other twists like tiny versions of enemies that are super-fast (hilariously terrifying, in the case of the chainsaw monster), or supersized versions of enemies that are slow but tremendously strong and resilient.

Where the weapons are concerned... You have a variety of handguns, shotguns, machine guns, magnums and rifles. Each has a level -- the higher the level, the stronger the weapon, but you must match or exceed the level in order to equip. Weapons also have a randomized number of slots -- I think the max is like eight or 10. Each slot can house a "part," with the best parts being the "illegal custom parts" squirreled away in optional corners of the levels.

Parts can increase firing speed, hitting power, accuracy, ammo capacity, penetration (for striking multiple foes in one shot), and so on. There are even ones that increase your shots in power the closer/farther you are to an enemy, or that scale in power based on other factors. Some even increase or decrease the target's aggression once shot.

Naturally, the more slots your weapon has, the more ways you can power it up. This makes the pursuit of high-level, high-slot loot in the game VERY addictive, and adds to your incentive to level up, and complete levels on higher difficulties. You also unlock characters as you level up, which you can view in great detail in Raid's model viewer.

There are also other weapons, like decoy bombs that lure away enemies before exploding, and underwater bombs you can use, well, underwater. (And swimming controls are superior here to what they were in RE6, and I say that as someone who otherwise loved the mechanics in that game.)

And remember, there's no time limit in Raid. Unlike Mercs, you don't have the clock breathing down your back. Don't get me wrong, I -love- Mercs, but Raid is definitely a nice change of pace. Twenty-one levels, three difficulty levels, 10 characters (now 12 with HUNK and Rachel, and who knows what else).

And Ghost Ship is INCREDIBLE. With the heart-thumping music, and the HUGE challenge, it's a freaking adventure in itself. A Ghost Ship run can take a solid hour. No saving, no starting over, just BRACE YOURSELF.

Salsa

Resident Evil Revelations raid mode sounds sick

RE6, actual sequel of the main series = $40 on Steam

RE: Revelations, side-game, upres port of 3DS game = $50 on Steam apparently

some logic there capcom

unless they price their games according to wich one's better

Grief.exe

RE6, actual sequel of the main series = $40 on Steam

RE: Revelations, side-game, upres port of 3DS game = $50 on Steam apparently

some logic there capcom

unless they price their games according to wich one's better

I think their justification is

RE6 months late

RE:R same date as console releases

Holy shit, this just jumped way the hell up on my wishlist.

...oh really? Well let me just open my wallet for you there capcom, take what ya need

Caught my attention as well.

Caerith

what do you guys think will be the next improvement on the steam client?
What I'd like is for their in-client voice chat to let you set your outputs, so I can keep the chat in my headset but hear everything else through my speakers.

Or for them to supplant categories with tags, so instead of right-clicking on every game and assigning it only one category, I could instead assign games multiple tags such as RPG, Haven't Played Yet, Post-Game, etc; I'd like to be able to filter my games list by, say, RPGs that I haven't started vs RPGs that I'm still working on 100%ing but sometimes just by RPGs regardless of status.

Or to give the client a facelift, including bigger fonts for those of us who play on the couch.

Or chat logs would be nice I guess too.

Grief.exe

What I'd like is for their in-client voice chat to let you set your outputs, so I can keep the chat in my headset but hear everything else through my speakers.

Or for them to supplant categories with tags, so instead of right-clicking on every game and assigning it only one category, I could instead assign games multiple tags such as RPG, Haven't Played Yet, Post-Game, etc; I'd like to be able to filter my games list by, say, RPGs that I haven't started vs RPGs that I'm still working on 100%ing but sometimes just by RPGs regardless of status.

Or to give the client a facelift, including bigger fonts for those of us who play on the couch.

Or chat logs would be nice I guess too.

Don't mention headsets in PC threads, its blasphemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom