• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

I mean it doesnt put me off from the game to the point of not wanting to get it, but I remember when I watched that trailer I went "uhh"

I think I had played the Stanley Parable recently

edit:

oh wait we are talking about this douchebag?

dannywallace.jpg

I hate that fucking character with all my gut

I mean it doesnt put me off from the game to the point of not wanting to get it, but I remember when I watched that trailer I went "uhh"

The narration gives a lot of character to the blocks though, never thought I'd refer to blocks by name before playing it

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I finished up Condemned which means I'm almost caught up on recent purchases again. I liked it a lot. It didn't go on for too long and the penultimate level was as brilliant as the department store. I thought it held up great as a whole and it played really nice with the mouse and keyboard.

nexen

I finished up Condemned which means I'm almost caught up on recent purchases again. I liked it a lot. It didn't go on for too long and the penultimate level was as brilliant as the department store. I thought it held up great as a whole and it played really nice with the mouse and keyboard.

How was the last fight on the pc version? On the xbox it was brutal.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
How was the last fight on the pc version? On the xbox it was brutal.

Annoying. It was unfortunate that they dipped into enemy spam territory there since the combat is really awkward with more than 1-2 dudes attacking you. I did appreciate the guns for a couple of the encounters leading up to the final area though.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I almost bought Condemned a while back but didn't go through with it for some reason. Definitely will if I see it again..

I think it was 2.50$ when I picked it up from GMG. It will definitely hit there again soon as Sega is sale-happy. I think it's well worth checking out at that price.

xJavonta

Banned
what do you guys think will be the next improvement on the steam client?

Built in video recording.

i'll be happy with multiple tabs + overall faster

but I want a full redesign

And live game spectating.

All of these please. I would love some sort of built in FPS counter as well, but Radeon Pro handles all that for me for now.

Optimization is the next thing I want though. If the client was faster it'd be lovely. Or use whatever engine Chrome is using for rendering webpages.

Dr Dogg

edit:

oh wait we are talking about this douchebag?

http://media.ubi.com/uk/assassinscreed/dannywallace.jpg[IMG]

I hate that fucking character with all my gut[/QUOTE]

Who also wrote this...
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/v2FjZS2.jpg

Which I found hilarious. But yeah he does over do it a bit in Ass Creed.

nexen

This Indie sale is so awesome.

FTL: Faster Than Light - $14.99 -> $3.74
Where are you getting $3.74? It's $4.99 for me.

Annoying. It was unfortunate that they dipped into enemy spam territory there since the combat is really awkward with more than 1-2 dudes attacking you. I did appreciate the guns for a couple of the encounters leading up to the final area though.

That's a shame. I hate it when designers feel the need to make the end fights so damned difficult.

All of these please. I would love some sort of built in FPS counter as well, but Radeon Pro handles all that for me for now.

Optimization is the next thing I want though. If the client was faster it'd be lovely. Or use whatever engine Chrome is using for rendering webpages.

personally, I'd like them to implement something where you can 'rename' games on your list. Or at least give them an alias. Bugs me when shits out of order because someone decided to throw an '(r)' in there.

FloatOn

holy crap. I'm downloading a 5.4gb update to war of the roses. Which is now called War of the Roses: Kingmaker

update notes:

Release: Servers are rolling out to Multiplay and the patch is live now. The servers will take more time, but you can fix your profiles in the mean time.

New Gamemode: Assault - Available on
St. Albans: Destroy the gate, capture the Smithy, storm the tower.
Bamburgh Castle: Capture the Bombard, raise the ladders/destroy the gate, pull the lever, storm the tower.
Clitheroe Forest: Destroy the gate, capture the Manor, push forward to the Cottage and conquer the Church!
Wakefield: Push the cart, raise the ladders, pull the lever, push the cart, blow up the gate, capture the keep.

New Additions
Steam Big Picture and full controller use is now supported
Added 3 new custom profile slots

New Weapons
English Great Sword
Lucerne Hammer
Steel Sword of the Veneration
English Two-Handed Sword
Schongauer Longsword
Flemish Great Sword of War
Holy Trinity Sword
French Two-Handed Falchion
Bavarian Longsword
Cut-down Pollaxe
Castillon Falchion
Spanish Ear Dagger
Warwickshire Soldier Sword
Almain Falchion
Inlaid Warhammer
French Rondel Dagger
Flemish Bollock Dagger
Steel Dagger of the Veneration
Partisan Spear of the Easter Passion

Changes
Tweaked Brian Blessed VO
Changed and optimized the Blood effects
Revamped the Shield Bash Perk
Added several new patterns for armours
Deluxe Edition equipment is now purchasable
Being dismounted from mounts now lunges players through the air

Balance Changes
Reduced Damage of 1h Bills
Reduced Damage of Short 2h Axes (Executioner & Headsman)
Reduced Hammerhead Bolts damage and added a small stun effect
Reduced Shield health
Reduced Scottish Sword thrust damage and extended change up time

Fixes
Fixed an issue with Quarterstaff pushing
Fixed a scaling issue in Profile Editor lower resolutions
Optimized the flaming quarrel bolts to solve performance issues
Fixed an issue with Polish fonts
Fixed weapons with ghost damage

Known Issues
Profiles have been reset due to potential issues with Big Picture. All your gear is still available.
Keybindings are not currently changeable ingame, but can be changed in the main menu.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

Penultimate level is the orchard isn't it ? That's one damn freaky level and one of the best levels out of the entire series.

xPaw

SteamDB developer and generally a pretty crafty guy.
POSTAL just went public. Hub and Official Groups are up, expecting it in store soon.

Includes achievements and Linux support, by the way.

DagsJT

Bought Super Hexagon and it just wont boot. Checked files etc, nothing. Steam forums seem to suggest others on Windows 8 64 bit have same issue (some on Windows 7 too). Not sure the developer is too fussed on fixing it up these days either.

Shame.

How long does it take to play through ME1? I'd like to try all three, but I'm not sure I have time for a Norma length RPG alongside P4G on vita.

It took me 13ish hours, but I went pretty much straight through the missions. I only did a handful of side quests, which I imagine would stretch the length out a good deal.

I know folks have been down on ME2 because of the story, and I'm only about 3 hours in so I can't refute that at all. I'll just say this: the graphics, gameplay (biotics that don't require literally minutes to recharge), controls...everything in part two so far trumps the first.

If the game ends up being one enormous Pokemon squad collecting session, fair enough. I'm enjoying the ride a heck of a lot more so far.

Cheddahz

Banned
I grabbed Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed and joined the GAF group for it, so if anyone wants to race sometime, I'm down for it (though I probably suck at the game, since the only kart racing games I've ever played are CTR, Crash Tag Team Racing, and Super Mario Kart)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom