• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Four of the top 10 top sellers on Steam right now are part of the Early Access program, and Prison Architect is hanging in at 11th. Seems like a success so far.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Four of the top 10 top sellers on Steam right now are part of the Early Access program, and Prison Architect is hanging in at 11th. Seems like a success so far.

If Prison is going to launch at 30 then the early access seems pointless. They should have priced it at 15 or something. ArmA III will likely be 50 and they are charging 32USD.

Def Jukie

Just saw that news about Sega and Company of Heroes. That is awesome. I hope we see some other publishers do the same thing with legacy titles. I would love to see a bunch of games that require GFWL games moved over to Steamworks.

Twinduct

If you're paying for early access you would think they would discount it a little at least. Unless this is the discount and the game is going to be 40-50. 30 seems like a lot for what the game looks like.

I think there was actually an interview with the creator when they announced the alpha stage (no idea how long ago that was). Anyway I think the reasoning for the price was based on feedback from their forums or something.

Having said that, the price really needs to go down. Really dig the game and they've been really open with their development.

Tizoc

Hope my salary/payslip gets in early so I can grab a few of those indie titles on sale XO.
EDIT: How long is Bit.Trip Runner2 gonna have that discount?

MedIC86

What kind of game is saints row the third? its on sale now, but i only played the first one that played a bit like GTA. But this looks totally different.

Detox

Help! Steam won't let me buy as gift as I already own it????

I want to buy the 4 pack (ideally 2 four packs), How can I fix this?

http://i.imgur.com/rmwGiLm.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

You could buy 4 packs using this method, I used it for Borderlands 2 4 pack but I'm not sure if it still works. You have to use the web store.

You add a normal giftable game to your basket when you go to checkout as a gift it gives you gift options e.g. Send to email or directly through steam. You open a new tab and add the four pack to basket and go to your cart and remove the other giftable game then return to the original tab and add to inventory or send as gift as usual when you go to checkout you will notice you are buying the entire four pack as a gift.

Hope that makes sense and still works

The only thing is the first person you send the gift to will get one copy in their library and 3 other copies to hand out in their inventory.

LiquidMetal14

That's fine, everyone has a different threshold. Clearly other people are fine paying the price they set it at.

I don't know many of them but of course everyone can do as they please.

I really liked the trailer and what they are doing but I can't justify 30. This is going to be one of those games I will get on sale.

Some of the other games like the Under the Ocean and Gnomoria look as compelling but are far less.

LiquidMetal14

This is separate so it gets a new post, will host a 4 pack if I get enough people. This is for Natural Selection 2. I just don't want to incur PP fees so lets handle it right.

10 a pop is fine. it rounds out a little lower but I don't want loose change :p

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
9800 GT is a great card.. Many many memories.. :(

RIP my 9800GT
Yes, it's great indeed. Shame this isn't 2009 anymore :/

I got may good years of use out of my 9800GT. Good little card.
I got 4 days out of mine. F.E.A.R. 2 was apparently too awesome for it, so it decided to commit suicide by burning itself.

It was therefore replaced by the 9800 GTX+ I'm still using to this day.

I will purchase it to replace my 8800GTX, since it decided to kill yet another motherboard of my secondary computer.

Since I live in a horrible place overseas, I'll have to pay 50 bucks for shipping, so gimme a (low) price and we'll talk :p
Sorry, but that's the only graphics card I own, and it's inside the only PC I own. Maybe when I get myself a new rig (I hope it's later this year) I could sell it, but until then there's sadly no chance.

Magical Drop V is $2.49 (75% off) due to Steam's Indie Game Sale.

I've been eyeing on this game. I know the game has been fixed since its launch state but just want to verify from owners if it's playable enough to jump in.

If you're paying for early access you would think they would discount it a little at least. Unless this is the discount and the game is going to be 40-50. 30 seems like a lot for what the game looks like.

That's pretty much the reason why they priced it at $30: to put off people who aren't serious about playing the game.

Li Kao

That's pretty much the reason why they priced it at $30: to put off people who aren't serious about playing the game.

Yeah, IIRC Steam description for the early access section vaguely adress the topic by implying that some dev could choose to "over-price" their game (to have serious buyers only).

In other news, I have had a urge to play some indies for the last few days (thank you Toma), and all I can say before opening Steam is, this is really bad. Maybe I shouldn't browse the list. Just the banner is exciting.

There's an Indie Spring Sale for the next 8 days.

Edit: And Weekend Deal #1 is half off Dark Souls.

Is there a clear list on what is on sale for this? I see the IGF and PAX categories, and then there are 6 "featured" list but it seems there are tons of other games that aren't easily found but still on sale.

Maybe the "featured" will change out every day but the sale across all the games will be constant.

Chronoja

How is DLC quest? What is it anyways, looks funny.

I just completed it. If you go in expecting it to be a fully fleshed out platformer you will be disappointed. I enjoyed it, thought it was pretty clever with it's humor, it won't have you rolling on the floor with laughter if that's what you are expecting either. Took about 2 hours to complete both it and the Live Freemium or Die sections.

Wok

What's in the indie sale? I'm at work and can't access steam.

Stuff.

5pDLh9I.jpg

I got 4 days out of mine. F.E.A.R. 2 was apparently too awesome for it, so it decided to commit suicide by burning itself.

It was therefore replaced by the 9800 GTX+ I'm still using to this day.

I haven't played F.E.A.R. 2 but it did run Skyrim, Deus Ex:HR, an Batman Arkham City like a champ at mid level settings.

Is there a clear list on what is on sale for this? I see the IGF and PAX categories, and then there are 6 "featured" list but it seems there are tons of other games that aren't easily found but still on sale.

Maybe the "featured" will change out every day but the sale across all the games will be constant.

seems like a lot. Just went through my wishlist and there's a bunch on sale that I didn't see on the sale page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom