• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

holy crap. I'm downloading a 5.4gb update to war of the roses. Which is now called War of the Roses: Kingmaker

update notes:

I have played War of Roses during the free weekend, and I like the game, as opposed to most critiques. There is quite a lot of skills to practice if you want to be good, which makes the fights really enjoyable, be it 1v1 or many versus many. I would not suggest buying the game though, since most of the features are available in the F2P version. From what I understand, the only point of buying the game is to customize your character.

With Hamilton and Krater, it is the third game made by Fatshark which I have played, and to me, they are great devs.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
So now that Trails is officially out...

did it ever actually get good?

Performance wise it still seems like a crapshoot on if it will run well with your rig. Redlynx said they're hoping to work with AMD/Nvidia soon to help push out some more optimized drivers for the game, but i'm not holding out much hope.

Grief.exe

Holy shit, Last Light looks incredible.

I pulled this shot from youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yso0o3nycQ8

Ke7L6Fq.jpg

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
20 hours here in US :(

Also, is there no price for the Season Pass DLC? I hope the only way to get it isn't through the pre-order because I bought it with GMG....

xJavonta

Banned
personally, I'd like them to implement something where you can 'rename' games on your list. Or at least give them an alias. Bugs me when shits out of order because someone decided to throw an '(r)' in there.
Oh god yes, this really needs to be implemented to.

And group select to help me organize my games by completed/incomplete

Grief.exe

Don't even joke about unspeakable horrors like that.

Prepare yourself for Ubisoft DRM Derrick

iQ1GVeUAf8Abk.gif

I take it you've played 2033? That game still has some bells and whistles that others can only dream of. Saying that it looks a lot brighter than 2033 ever did.

Of course I've played Metro 2033! Can't wait for Last Light.

Cool, but the girl in the video looks better. :p

Ya Tara is hot.

Honestly I'm contemplating unsubscribing from that channel. There are a couple regular contributors on there that are very ignorant towards gaming issues in general, but especially PC gaming.

Sure, after Durante is done with it.

Sad, I don't know if they acknowledged his work yet and I know they're probably hard at work on Dark Souls 2 but he basically saved the game. I also wonder about the gamers who know nothing about the patch and are playing it just like it is. It would be nice if they at least tried to patch the resolution themselves.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
Sad, I don't know if they acknowledged his work yet and I know they're probably hard at work on Dark Souls 2 but he basically saved the game. I also wonder about the gamers who know nothing about the patch and are playing it just like it is. It would be nice if they at least tried to patch the resolution themselves.

They really should acknowledge his work. As you say, he saved this product.

Grief.exe

They better have some kind of easter egg or weapon named after him in the sequel.

Would be a travesty if they didn't.

It would be nice to hear from Namco or From about the success of the PC version, or what they think of the modding community.

Caerith

I'm curious what percentage of people who bought and played Dark Souls actually used DSFix.

I'm curious if From Software and Namco even know about it.

And if they're going to include some acknowledgement of Durante in Dark Souls II, I think he'd make a great Ricard or Sen or something.

Strangely enough even a lot of people on my friend's list who bought the game on steam knew nothing about the patch or anything. I basically had to sell them on the mod, seems like a ridiculous number of gamers either have really bad standards or just don't give a shit and simply want to play the game.

I must have walked through the installation and set up, and reason WHY we were doing it, at least 5 times to my supposedly PC gaming friends. That's fine and all but don't treat me like "why the fuck are you doing this to my game bro," lol.

I'm really on the fence about whether to pre-order RE6.

I rented the game on 360 last year and didn't enjoy it. Granted, I only played a bit of the Leon campaign (up to the annoying train track bit), so i've no idea if it got better after that, but it was enough for me to call it quits then and there.

One of the biggest problems I had with the game was, admittedly, its horrid visuals and performance on consoles. After downloading the benchmark on PC and seeing it run fairly well, I can safely say that the PC version does not have this issue and looks pretty great. So there's one major complaint out the way. This PC version also seems to include all the patched improvements like the better FOV.

Then comes the pre-order bonuses. I already own and love RE5, so that can either be sold or gifted to a friend. The soundtrack could be somewhat worthwhile. Is the season pass really worth it though? I am guessing that since the game is more action focused, it could be worth picking up for the robust Mercenaries mode. I have no interest in competitive online fwiw, only co-op.

Revelations comes out in May and i'll be buying that because I did mostly enjoy that game on the 3DS. I am just wondering if it's worth picking up RE6 as well since the price is low-ish (£20), pre-order bonuses are good and defacto PC superiority is a plus.

Salsa

wasnt expecting All-Stars racing transformed to unlock an expert difficulty after beating it on Hard. And it seems to be a proper challenge too. Nice.

I rented the game on 360 last year and didn't enjoy it. Granted, I only played a bit of the Leon campaign (up to the annoying train track bit), so i've no idea if it got better after that, but it was enough for me to call it quits then and there.

One of the biggest problems I had with the game was, admittedly, its horrid visuals and performance on consoles. After downloading the benchmark on PC and seeing it run fairly well, I can safely say that the PC version does not have this issue and looks pretty great. So there's one major complaint out the way. This PC version also seems to include all the patched improvements like the better FOV.

Then comes the pre-order bonuses. I already own and love RE5, so that can either be sold or gifted to a friend. The soundtrack could be somewhat worthwhile. Is the season pass really worth it though? I am guessing that since the game is more action focused, it could be worth picking up for the robust Mercenaries mode. I have no interest in competitive online fwiw, only co-op.

Revelations comes out in May and i'll be buying that because I did mostly enjoy that game on the 3DS. I am just wondering if it's worth picking up RE6 as well since the price is low-ish (£20), pre-order bonuses are good and defacto PC superiority is a plus.

just wait, dude. What's the rush? you're falling into the lies of pre-order hype. Game will be cheaper really soon.

Varg

Banned
Holy ass cheeks. Duke Nukem Megaton bringing back so many memories. I was able to snatch up the Caribbean expansion from a friend years ago but was never able to finish it. This comes with a bunch of other expansions I never even heard of!!! The game runs smooth as butter too. Any old school duke fans really need to pick this bad boy up. Sounds like multiplayer is coming soon as well.

Dr Dogg

I'm in the same boat and really in two minds. A few friends have already preordered it and badgering me too as well. I just want to pick it for the sp and Mercs. A certain banned site has it for less than £14 sans the preorder rewards. I think I'm going to wait until it's out as I doubt the price is going to go up by much (base game and season pass) and by the time I'd get around to playing it, more than likely it would be on sale.

Salsa

Holy ass cheeks. Duke Nukem Megaton bringing back so many memories. I was able to snatch up the Caribbean expansion from a friend years ago but was never able to finish it. This comes with a bunch of other expansions I never even heard of!!! The game runs smooth as butter too. Any old school duke fans really need to pick this bad boy up. Sounds like multiplayer is coming soon as well.

too bad about the mouse lag. Hope they fix it

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Man, if you didn't enjoy what you played of RE6, why the fuck would you buy it again? At least wait till it reaches $5.

I'm not really liking the revamped version, it feels weird. I'm way more tempted to just play the old DOS version instead. Stupid mouse aiming.

vocab

Random rant:

Glad I bought blood bowl:chaos edition. Pretty fun game with a brilliant online system. Could be improved with a few things, and the ui needs some work, but it's kind of addicting. Ashame gaf doesn't have a league. It would be loads of fun.

The biggest problem with the game is that its overly complex and the game doesnt explain that much to the player.

I was really mixed on the two demos that I got to play of the game last year on 360 so I decided to pass on the game till it dropped in price and got the FOV patches. Shortly after, I found out about the PC port so I've just been waiting for that. I'm a big fan of both RE4 and 5. I'm ready to embrace the train wreck with 6 since the main barriers that kept me away before were the FOV and the game's release window.

The Season Pass sounds like enough extra content (I hope) to be fine with the $40 price tag and just pre-order it before tomorrow. At the very least, the rolling mechanic let me have some mild enjoyment with it.

Caerith

Strangely enough even a lot of people on my friend's list who bought the game on steam knew nothing about the patch or anything. I basically had to sell them on the mod, seems like a ridiculous number of gamers either have really bad standards or just don't give a shit and simply want to play the game.

I must have walked through the installation and set up, and reason WHY we were doing it, at least 5 times to my supposedly PC gaming friends. That's fine and all but don't treat me like "why the fuck are you doing this to my game bro," lol.
A lot of people don't like mods, and it's understandable. Sometimes it stems from the fear of "are you going to ruin my game? can it be reversed?" and general ignorance/uncertainty. Sometimes it's just that the majority of mods by volume are stupid "change for the sake of change" shit like making all weapons glow like lightsabers.

I've modded Dark Souls for resolution, cleaner UI/subtitle fonts, and fixing the glaring omission in Quelaag's textures. I kept it at 30fps though because, at least as of the last time I checked, 60fps can fuck up ladders, jumps, and the occasional roll, and I'd rather not toggle it back and forth.

Dr Dogg

For all of you saying Prison Architect is too much at $30 here's the producer and his thoughts behind why they were charging what they are: http://youtu.be/Xh93sAN_P7k?t=36m35s

Also the whole video is pretty interesting, but probably only if you've already messed around with it or are interested in their history.

Makes perfect sense. He's spot on if it was a couple of quid I'd buy and let it collect dust which isn't going to help anybody. At least at a mid range price people who are buying it are playing it and helping shape any future or final changes. Looks good but I've got waaay too much on my plate.

Lyonaz

When will RE6 be up? I thought it would be at midnight?

Atleast MH3U on eShop already started downloading, so tomorrow will be the start of a fun weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom