• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Is there a clear list on what is on sale for this? I see the IGF and PAX categories, and then there are 6 "featured" list but it seems there are tons of other games that aren't easily found but still on sale.

Maybe the "featured" will change out every day but the sale across all the games will be constant.

From the sounds of the news update they are going to changed the featured page every day. Good job too as I've got Bad Company 2 - Vietnam showing up there. If you go have a look at the Indie games catagory http://store.steampowered.com/genre/Indie and have a look at the specials tab I think that's the only way you'll find most of what's on sale. I'm seeing 409 items on offer.

Rafy

I will purchase it to replace my 8800GTX, since it decided to kill yet another motherboard of my secondary computer.

Since I live in a horrible place overseas, I'll have to pay 50 bucks for shipping, so gimme a (low) price and we'll talk :p

Mine is still kicking and playing BF3 SP! It's the alpha dog edition ofc, let's see how it does with Sleeping Dogs (no hd texture pack.) this summer...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played F.E.A.R. 2 but it did run Skyrim, Deus Ex:HR, an Batman Arkham City like a champ at mid level settings.
The card did. The cooler didn't.

Terrible week it was. I'd been waiting to play that game for several years (before its release, of course), and when I finally got it, along with a new PC capable to run it, the fucking graphics card came with a defective cooler and decided to set itself on fire.

7 days later (which to me felt like years) I got the 9800 GTX+ and finally was able to beat that game like a champ, with the graphics settings maxed out.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
should have guessed that there'd be a Kentucky Route Zero discount two days after I buy it

lol

Seeing that you had bought it was what pushed me over the edge into buying it. Thanks a lot. I'll send you my paypal when you're ready to send me the $6.25 difference.

eyeless

osnap deadlight 75 off now i have to decide if i should actually get dat

if you can read this and have played deadlight i welcome thy opinion on the subject

tjohn86

if you can read this and have played deadlight i welcome thy opinion on the subject

I was really excited for Deadlight and bought it during the Christmas sale. It is really not worth your time, the gameplay is frustrating and the voice acting is terrible enough to ruin what story exists.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Seeing that you had bought it was what pushed me over the edge into buying it. Thanks a lot. I'll send you my paypal when you're ready to send me the $6.25 difference.

I still won't do it, I still won't... god damn it salsa why did you do this

General consensus seems to be that the game starts off alright on the atmosphere and platforming and then about two to three hours in it goes completely sideways forcing unfair and unfun demands on the player, ditching the atmosphere as well. Also bad voice acting.

Salsa

General consensus seems to be that the game starts off alright on the atmosphere and platforming and then about two to three hours in it goes completely sideways forcing unfair and unfun demands on the player, ditching the atmosphere as well.

I went expecting that and it didnt happen. Games issues are elsewhere

I'd say that at that price it's worth it

nexen

MDSLKTR

Looks like a free weekend on Death Rally as well.

75% off ($2.49).

Avoid like aids.

I'm midway trough and I'm having lots of fun with it, some things could have been better but overall for that price you will get some enjoyment if you like classic pop gameplay.

derExperte

General consensus seems to be that the game starts off alright on the atmosphere and platforming and then about two to three hours in it goes completely sideways forcing unfair and unfun demands on the player, ditching the atmosphere as well. Also bad voice acting.

There are sequences I had to repeat about 20 times. And everybody knows about the questionable voice overs. Still, 2,99? Worth it for the good parts and the graphics.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

I got to the 3rd chapter (out of 3) and hated the controls. The graphics were nice, and the story is tolerable.

If you don't mind awful controls in a platformer, then get it. If you do, there are close to 61247 games on Steam that do 2D platforming better.

kind of a shame No Time To Explain has a 54 on Metacritic (due in part to it having very few reviews), I loved the original flash version back then.

even made a thread about it in 2011

you guys should look it up
It's a great flash game. How's the Steam version?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Steve pick up Bientôt l'été, I realized it could work as good couple's therapy for us.
I never got to play the multiplayer so i'm curious if it fixes anything by not playing against an AI

Thank you very much for the gift salsa.

l6IiIX4.png

Cmagus

I would suggest Pineapple Smash Crew easily my favourite indie game on steam it's very addicting and alot of fun plus the soundtrack is fantastic.

so what's worth it for its discounted price from my wishlist?

I'm thinking a valley without wind and super hexagon since they're both dirt cheap

Super Hexagon. Especially if you can go halfsies with a buddy or if you feel like gifting it. Also A Valley Without Wind comes in a bundle pack so you'll be paying both AVWW 1 & 2 for $3.74.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
edit: Salsa I bought Super Hexagon. Better be good.

Super Hexagon is so good that I was seeing outlines of the game whenever I closed my eyes because I was playing it so much on my phone and computer. The last game to do that to me was Meteos back on the DS.

It's damn good.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Fly'N is by a gaffer right? never did buy it.. probably should

Fly'N is fantastic. Beautiful game as well. The controls, platforming and level design are solid and it's just challenging enough, even for players experienced with platformers. There's enough incentive to 100% levels for the unlockable concept art, puzzle rooms and easter eggs in the "home" areas and, on rising lava levels, solely for the satisfaction you feel if you manage to pull off a perfect run. Having no reason to replay levels or improve my skill to perfect them is an area where I'm let down by quite a few indie platformers, so it's nice to see another one doing it right.

Acquiring new forms, each with unique platforming abilities, and being required to shift between them is fun and they're introduced at a rate that revives the learning curve just when you think you're getting comfortable and keeps things from getting too repetitive. I haven't completed the game yet, but after the 7 hours I've played I can call it as a no-brainer for $3.39.

Salsa

Fly'N is fantastic. Beautiful game as well. The controls, platforming and level design are solid and it's just challenging enough, even for players experienced with platformers. There's enough incentive to 100% levels for the unlockable concept art, puzzle rooms and easter eggs in the "home" areas and, on rising lava levels, solely for the satisfaction you feel if you manage to pull off a perfect run. Having no reason to replay levels or improve my skill to perfect them is an area where I'm let down by quite a few indie platformers, so it's nice to see another one doing it right.

Acquiring new forms, each with unique platforming abilities, and being required to shift between them is fun and they're introduced at a rate that revives the learning curve just when you think you're getting comfortable and keeps things from getting too repetitive. I haven't completed the game yet, but after the 7 hours I've played I can call it as a no-brainer for $3.39.

yup I grabbed it. Art style alone got me.

along with Stealth Bastard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom