• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

Oh wow. It's very... showy. Can't blame them I guess.
Yes, well, as long as it's just confined to a banner, and doesn't end up as an Arkham City-esque GOTY box art. I wonder if they're going to be dynamically updating that silly banner throughout the day as new reviews come in.

Joe Molotov

imt7iO9IyZWNy.PNG

you go 3chopl0x!

Fucks given by 3chopl0x : 0

Exuro

I always wonder how Steam and dev decide on the AAA now available page on the main. Sometimes they're an entire page and others(like Infinite) are a large banner on top. Anyone know the difference?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's a banner spanning the length of one and a half monitor heights, with 9/10, 10/10, 5/5 etc review scores from various gaming website, with some selected quotes.
Haha, that's why you made the Arkham City GOTY comparison then. Dat beautiful artbox.

Dr Dogg

I think I must be a masochist. Got Infinite on Steam and 360 and playing the but ugly version first. Still it's like your mother always used to say "Don't put you coat on indoors or you won't feel the benefit". Yeah I think my mum is more crazy than me.

I belong to the 1%!!!

EDIT: I also double post from time to time. Guess I'm a rebel without a Just Cause.

Or as I used to say to my dopey sister. Rebel without a clue.
Loves ya really!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The 360 wireless dongle I ordered from dealextreme finally arrived so I can use it with my old 360 pads, took a while but that free shipping was sweet considering the price it's sold at here. I can now retire the cheap controller I've been using and keep it around for the occasional local multiplayer. Thanks once again to kadotsu for suggesting it with a link pages ago.

Yeah I took a shit ton of screens for the first 15 mins, but didn't post them due to wanting to avoid 'spoiling' anything
There is a spoiler setting on screenshots so you could still post them and the person viewing them has to make sure they actually want to see it.
I really hope Irrational patches in manual saving.
It's not all bad, It tells you how long ago it saved so that's okay.

Joe Molotov

I bought Bioshock Infinite with a $50 giftcard plus $9.99 from my credit card, but now Steam is showing that I have $50 in credit again. I don't know if Steam screwed up and charged the full thing to my card (can't check until I get home because I can't remember my bank user/pass) or whether they just accidentally gave me another $50, and if it's #2, what will happen should I try to spend it. :/

I bought Bioshock Infinite with a $50 giftcard plus $9.99 from my credit card, but now Steam is showing that I have $50 in credit again. I don't know if Steam screwed up and charged the full thing to my card (can't check until I get home because I can't remember my bank user/pass) or whether they just accidentally gave me another $50, and if it's #2, what will happen should I try to spend it.
I bet valve gave you some sort of frequent steam user reward.

Grief.exe

so Bioshock Infinite is pretty good I think.

I agree, I am impressed.

I think I must be a masochist. Got Infinite on Steam and 360 and playing the but ugly version first. Still it's like your mother always used to say "Don't put you coat on indoors or you won't feel the benefit". Yeah I think my mum is more crazy than me.

iRdfGkUPOy7S8.gif

I really hope Irrational patches in manual saving.

I have some minor issues with the game design that are really annoying when it comes down to it.

This is one of the huge ones.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's not all bad, It tells you how long ago it saved so that's okay.

The checkpoints aren't exactly frequent, though. I had to replay a good 10 or so minutes when I erroneously assumed the game had saved when I was given a new objective, and I'm reasonably certain the next checkpoint was a further 10-15 minutes down the line.

I bought Bioshock Infinite with a $50 giftcard plus $9.99 from my credit card, but now Steam is showing that I have $50 in credit again. I don't know if Steam screwed up and charged the full thing to my card (can't check until I get home because I can't remember my bank user/pass) or whether they just accidentally gave me another $50, and if it's #2, what will happen should I try to spend it. :/

Save it for Half-Life 3.

Nabs

Check the email they sent you. It should tell you where the money came from.

Joe Molotov

Check the email they sent you. It should tell you where the money came from.

Bleh, I just did that and it looks like they just charged the full thing to my card for some reason. Now I'm not going to be able to eat the rest of this month, THANKS STEAM!

Really enjoying the world of Bioshock Inf right now. I've been playing for about 45 minutes and I basically have only listened to random people on the street.

Dat Bloom though, whoa.

Dr Dogg

Ughhh I don't think I can manage to dirty myself with console versions anymore. Runs at about 20 fps and tears like Michael Owen's hamstrings despite being the first 360 game I've seen with an option to switch vsync on or off (doesn't do nowt for me).

I'm not by my box at the moment but how big was the install again? Was it really 30gb or was that the figure of how much space was needed and ended up being a lot smaller.

Hahahaha. Yeah I know but I've seen the error of my ways. Saying that spent way too much time with my 360 the other day finishing up Halo 3 because there was some rumors of a pc port in progress.

Really enjoying the world of Bioshock Inf right now. I've been playing for about 45 minutes and I basically have only listened to random people on the street.

Dat Bloom though, whoa.

I made this joke about 3 pages ago but what the hell. You could say it's BLOOMing annoying. That and light shafts and fake lens flair (it looks like just a 2d texture) have filled the screen with way too many effects you can't see shit. Don't get me started on the sickening fov. Right that's it bollocks to my bandwidth I'm downloading it when I get in.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
The 360 wireless dongle I ordered from dealextreme finally arrived so I can use it with my old 360 pads, took a while but that free shipping was sweet considering the price it's sold at here. I can now retire the cheap controller I've been using and keep it around for the occasional local multiplayer. Thanks once again to kadotsu for suggesting it with a link pages ago.

Remember, you can sync up to 4 controllers on the dongle.

Dr Dogg

Oh FFS. 16.9gb but only 11.7gb space free. Well with my dark ages broadband I'd be waiting until Monday for it to have downloaded.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Bioshock looks freaking ridiculous by the way

I wouldn't dare call Infinite ugly, but I'm not sure how I feel about the art style as a whole. I felt that Bioshock 1's whole art deco/nautical/ruined civilization thing gelled together a lot better. Infinite kinda just jams together a several disparate elements and it doesn't work nearly as well. Maybe it's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom