• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointed is a word I would use for my reaction to Bioshock 1...if I was writing the clean version without expletives. I have 0 expectations for Infinite and the people who have written their post-game impressions have helped me stay that way.

96/100, 130 press goty awards incoming.

Well its pretty much Bioshock in the sky and I too wasnt a fan of Bioshock 1. The world feels so empty b

dLMN8R

How does non-game software through Steam work? Won't it still show up in your profile as "Now Playing: Start8"? What about blocking you from running another game while you're "playing" it?

I need to play this game. Let me know if it's worth it, going from some posts here it seems to be.

yea you should check it out for sure, it's a very unique FPS so far. BTW the port isn't very good! no 1080p support, horrible last gen character models, no graphic options, but don't let that deter you!

How does non-game software through Steam work? Won't it still show up in your profile as "Now Playing: Start8"? What about blocking you from running another game while you're "playing" it?

That would be a problem. Steam refuses to be closed when you are playing a game, and start8 needs to run even after you shutdown steam for you to be able to shutdown the whole PC.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
yea you should check it out for sure, it's a very unique FPS so far. BTW the port isn't very good! no 1080p support, horrible last gen character models, no graphic options, but don't let that deter you!
I don't care for low-poly characters, but no full HD sucks. Where's based Durante when we need him?

Now I remember someone saying this is like F.E.A.R. but more melee-oriented. Looks like I'll need to play it then.

FloatOn

what

that's a private address and is specific to an internal network. We each have a different private address. You would need to replace "192.168.2.5" by whatever your private address is.

don't hax0r me brah. hey I'm just telling you what the game told me. don't shoot the messenger.

At least some apps (like GameMaker Studio, for one) don't block you from running other games, but they do take over your "In-Game" notification until you close them. Valve will definitely need to rework that system for apps that are mean to run permanently in the background.

I don't care for low-poly characters, but no full HD sucks. Where's based Durante when we need him?

Now I remember someone saying this is like F.E.A.R. but more melee-oriented. Looks like I'll need to play it then.

FEAR was a different beast IMO, that game was very high intensity with bombastic particle effects everywhere and really good enemy AI. Condemned is very slow paced compared to FEAR. But like I said, check it out for sure!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

There is support for 1080p. I don't know what Sniperhunter is smoking.

FloatOn

Is there a forum post somewhere with that info? Because that seems incredibly sketchy. :p

nope, the game "analyzes" your network for you and tells you what ports to forward to what address.

I do exactly that and it's still telling me I have a strict NAT. Tech wizards. HALP. I want to play this video game.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
nope, the game "analyzes" your network for you and tells you what ports to forward to what address.

I do exactly that and it's still telling me I have a strict NAT. Tech wizards. HALP. I want to play this video game.

Start>Run> enter CMD, then IPCONFIG in the command prompt (thanks for catching that, Mavromatis!). Scroll until you see your local address. It will be 192.168.1.x, x being the specific number on your router that is assigned to your computer. Enter that number in instead.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I couldn't stand Dirt 3. The Gymkhana stuff is amongst the worst experiences I've had in any game period and the way they shove all their shitty DLC down your throat by stuffing it all over the career mode is really gross.

I got the game for free and still felt completely ripped off.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I just finished listening to "Free bird" and now I'm all pumped up and totally in the mood for some mindless action and destruction. I'm thinking of Duke Nukem 3D, or Jedi Academy (which I don't have on Steam) or something like that.

I wish my sister would free the PC soon!

DTKT

Start>Run> enter CMD, then IPCONFIG in the command prompt (thanks for catching that, Mavromatis!). Scroll until you see your local address. It will be 192.168.1.x, x being the specific number on your router that is assigned to your computer. Enter that number in instead.

I assume that 192.168.2.6 is the local address. I guess that the game is able to do that for him.

I couldn't stand Dirt 3. The Gymkhana stuff is amongst the worst experiences I've had in any game period and the way they shove all their shitty DLC down your throat by stuffing it all over the career mode is really gross.

I got the game for free and still felt completely ripped off.

agreed.

Relax.MX

My Oblivion save(5 hrs.) get a bug, i guess is Realistic leveling mod because the game crush when I level up(yes after 5 hr I'm still level 1) if I disable the mod just don't level up and the bar keep in 100%..

I love RPGs I even replay some of them(3 times The Witcher for example) but I don't want to replay this 5 hrs. , the game have good moments and I have fun sometimes but are big gaps of boring moments.

I feel like obligate to finish it.. I just can't get into the character feel like a doll in a big world

Any advice for the bug? (already google)
Continue?
The game get better?

Is my first Elder Scroll... I start with Obscure Oblivion Overhaul, unofficial patch, realistic leveling and visual mods

I dont know why i just cant stop playing something(i need to finish it)... i uninstall and install again the mod and worked(PC gaming...PC gaming...)

I guess im only stay with the main quest, im gonna try a little more, there is something that intrigues me

catabarez

There is 1080p in the game as far as I remember. I played it recently.

Salsa

jCNSRBQrSPcw6.jpg

SURPRISE EARLY UNLOCK IN SOUTH AMERICA

Saw the news about XCOM going to iOS. Awesome.

I wonder whether that will include support for iPad1, as that's what I have. I'm not optimistic. Also wondering whether the game will support cloud saves across platforms. Would be fantastic to pick up the iPad and play the same game I just left off on the PC.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I got Super Hexagon and feel that I wasted a dollar lol

I have an extra copy if anyone wants it. Quote to get it.

Blizzard

Banned
Sometimes Steam hits you at just the right time. I was listening to a video of someone's Oculus impressons with cool background music. Turns out it's by Lifeformed, turns out they did the Dustforce soundtrack! Huh, I bought all those bundles and have tons of soundtracks, but I don't seem to have the Dustforce one, hmm, it's on Steam...

...conveniently timed 50% off sale! :D

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
So Warframe is pretty cool. Admittedly I'm new to these free-to-play games on PC so maybe this is all old hat to you guys. I'm just kinda shocked it ran at all on my system. I get a pretty steady 30fps with all lowest settings. Considering what I'm playing on, I'm impressed.

Still looks good, too.

I'm still sort of trying to figure out all the various screens and currencies and upgrades and blah blah blah. The core gameplay is pretty decent, though.

mneuro

So Warframe is pretty cool. Admittedly I'm new to these free-to-play games on PC so maybe this is all old hat to you guys. I'm just kinda shocked it ran at all on my system. I get a pretty steady 30fps with all lowest settings. Considering what I'm playing on, I'm impressed.

Still looks good, too.

I'm still sort of trying to figure out all the various screens and currencies and upgrades and blah blah blah. The core gameplay is pretty decent, though.

I just installed this tonight, it looks pretty decent. Anyone else have any experience with Warframe?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I just finished Thomas Was Alone. Beautiful game, but a little on the easy side (which isn't bad at all, mind you). Managed to 100% it.

I really dig the soundtrack, though the texts between each chapter left me rather confused. Maybe I should check out a summary of the story (I feel dumb, I know).

If you're a fan of artsy platformers that also control nicely, I'd say give this a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom