• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hum, I was reading the Anodyne Steam forum, and found a message from the game developer saying that Valve does not want soundtracks anymore on Steam.

I don't know why, but that's really a bad news for me, as I really like them, and Steam was a convenient way for me to buy them and have an easy backup.

I almost wish I didn't get XCOM for ~20 during the holiday sales and never played it.

I'm in the mood to try it out, but I'm either jumping the gun, or I didn't win, because he hasn't responded yet. No worries, but one does not simply offer a game and then disappear to eat dinner, or something :p.

Anyway I have been playing Miasmata and really enjoying it, it gives you this sense of being watched the entire time, and it looks quite beautiful at times. The way they manipulate contrast, color, and light. I would recommend it.

Aaron

What kind of PC are you playing it on?
A good one. The problems are too entrenched in the game itself for hardware to matter. If you want a decent Tony Hawk on PC try to get a copy of the older ones, or Shawn White's Skateboarding, which is pretty close in feel to Tony Hawk. Sadly though none of them are on Steam. Some of them are on amazon.

Pro Skater HD feels like it was made by people who never actually played the old games. It controls like garbage. I paid $5 for it, and would say it's not worth your time to play even if you got it for free.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
A good one. The problems are too entrenched in the game itself for hardware to matter. If you want a decent Tony Hawk on PC try to get a copy of the older ones, or Shawn White's Skateboarding, which is pretty close in feel to Tony Hawk. Sadly though none of them are on Steam. Some of them are on amazon.

Pro Skater HD feels like it was made by people who never actually played the old games. It controls like garbage. I paid $5 for it, and would say it's not worth your time to play even if you got it for free.

He asked how it ran, I got a locked 60 fps on a 460 1gb last year. My friend managed the same with a 5850 1gb. There were almost 0 drops when 8x msaa was applied for both of us. So what card exactly do you have? He wasn't asking how the game actually plays.

Ledsen

My Oblivion save(5 hrs.) get a bug, i guess is Realistic leveling mod because the game crush when I level up(yes after 5 hr I'm still level 1) if I disable the mod just don't level up and the bar keep in 100%..

I love RPGs I even replay some of them(3 times The Witcher for example) but I don't want to replay this 5 hrs. , the game have good moments and I have fun sometimes but are big gaps of boring moments.

I feel like obligate to finish it.. I just can't get into the character feel like a doll in a big world

Any advice for the bug? (already google)
Continue?
The game get better?

Is my first Elder Scroll... I start with Obscure Oblivion Overhaul, unofficial patch, realistic leveling and visual mods

Worst elder scrolls, horrible game. Stop playing.

Bioshock Infinite is totally amazing. Ugggghh, tempted to call in a sickie at work and marathon the game.

Interesting fact, I had a nightmare last night where Bioshock Infinite was getting reviews in the 30-40 range from other outlets, and IGN was the only one giving it such high praise. Woke up in a puddle of sweat.

I notice my entire friends list is playing Bioshock Infinite, as I slyly launch Mini Ninjas.

This is living.

This is film school stealing all my money.

I'm actually looking forward to playing Mini Ninjas though, real talk.

Like shit, but then it's shit on all platforms.
It's a shame that that port was so terrible. And I mean atrociously terrible. Half the good songs or less. Forces 720p with no options of any sort. Not even an option to change the songs. And worst and most importantly, they messed up the physics.

I have it on Steam and it makes me feel ugh, the choice between having a bad skating game for Steam or none at all.

Can Activision just re-release the original Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 with mild updates for Steam? That would be much better.
So... hold on. Umineko, as in Umineko no Naku Koro Ni, or "When the Seagulls Cry"? As in, the visual novel from the people who made Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni ("When the Cicadas Cry")? That was pretty popular in Japan and had its own anime series and stuff?

How is this indie?
Wait, how is it not indie?

07th Expansion may be one of the more successful doujin companies, but there's nothing to imply they aren't indie.

Also, pretty much anything that falls under the "doujin soft" label, qualifies as indie. Which is just about every Japanese PC game ever.

1. I'm amazed at how well Bioshock Infinite runs on my not that great computer.

2. I'm amazed at how much more interesting (to me at least) the world created and themes they're tackling are.

I'm glad I bought it now. No regrets.

Salsa

yeah, im really really enjoying Infinite

had my expectations on what kind of game to expect but it really kills it at achieving everything it sets out to do. The first few hours are pretty mindblowing in terms of art direction and set pieces.

The gunplay and combat in general also blows bio1/2 out of the water. That was always an issue with the series and it's certainly a lot better here.

Riding the skylines is something else

Salsa

imt7iO9IyZWNy.PNG

you go 3chopl0x!

Bumhead

Banned
Played the first 20 or so minutes of Infinite last night. Loved the beginning section,
particularly the lighthouse in the sea. A real nod to the first game. We just go up rather than down this time, heh.

Sat at work now and absolutely itching to get back and play it.

FloatOn

I just installed this tonight, it looks pretty decent. Anyone else have any experience with Warframe?

despite the stupid network error message I managed to play with a friend last night. It's pretty good. Tough going in the beginning. We barely managed to beat a boss and then wiped on the way back to the extraction point. It's good that you keep your xp and loot in spite of your loss.

The mission itself was pretty standard "kill all the bad guys on the way to the boss, kill boss, come back to the extraction, btw hack doors on the way back". The gunplay is pretty good, it kind of reminds me max payne when you jump and shoot. Where the game really shines is the ninja sword slicing action, it's just really satisfying.

I'm looking forward to the meta game of leveling up my character, beefing up abilities and getting better weapons. For a f2p game you could do FAR worse.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My copy of Football Manager 2009 arrived today, but it's missing a CD key. D'oh.

Well, I contacted the seller (I bought it via eBay) yesterday, and he/she gave me a full refund earlier today. I suppose I'll try my luck elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom