• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheExodu5

Banned
What's the deal with beta keys? Can I pre-order the game to get a beta key or am I out of luck?

Or were they giving out beta keys at some point?

Gav47

not necessarely true

depends on how much you're willing to wait

We're talking a couple of months if you want to hoard your genuine hats.

I'm gonna agree with Iron Badger on this one. Genuines rarely go up in price after their debut to trading and usually take a sharp dive once the item is added to the craft and drop servers. If I was selling the items I'd get rid of them in the next few days.

Generally only limited items rise in value. Fun fact, the Summer Shades item that you probably picked up during the 2011 Summer sale promotion is now worth $10-12 after being basically worthless for a year.

Salsa

thing is that as soon as the items come out the price just doesnt settle

like, I sold the Brutal Legend thing at a certain price and the next day it was up 3 bucks, then down another 2, then up again, etc etc

considering that we are always talking about a difference of a couple bucks here I just wouldnt consider it crucial to SELL SELL SELL right now if you wanna get the most out of them

it's one thing if these suddenly were 10 bucks out of nowhere, cause that's obviously too good so you'd have to. But they're selling for $1.5 or so now so I really doubt they'll get to considerably lower than that.

neoism

guys anyone have an idea on when the HL episodes 1&2 might go on sale again... or when the next big steam sale will be... please dun say summer... some of those amazing HL2 screen-shots in the screenshot thread has me wanting to use that mod everyone hates lol... its been awhile. I played it on orange box on 360 originally..

Salsa

guys anyone have an idea on when the HL episodes 1&2 might go on sale again... or when the next big steam sale will be... please dun say summer... some of those amazing HL2 screen-shots in the screenshot thread has me wanting to use that mod everyone hates lol... its been awhile. I played it on orange box on 360 originally..

I have an extra ep 1 I think

send me your email through pm

You actually liked the shots i was uploading? Weird cause i mostly got sh!t for them ( ̄□ ̄;)

Hellix

Oh look, a friend invite.

kzn0EJL.jpg

Well, that's strange. We have nothing in common.

Cool, now I am even more confused.

Okay, this explains everything. Blocked.

Summer. Alternatively, check the homepage daily in hopes it'll appear as a daily deal/midweek madness/weekend deal.
Or wait till the HL3 pre-order page appears with HL1&2 pre-order bonuses.

Megasoum

Banned
Summer. Alternatively, check the homepage daily in hopes it'll appear as a daily deal/midweek madness/weekend deal.

I must say that if they ever release HL3 it would be hilarious if they offer HL1/2 as pre-order bonuses since those games are pratically pre-installed on new pcs nowadays.

neoism

You actually liked the shots i was uploading? Weird cause i mostly got sh!t for them ( ̄□ ̄;)

you and Spazznid I well never touch Alyx though she is perfect... but the environmental changes are nice looking...
I don't know... would neoism want Half Life 2 Episodes remade with the HL3 engine? That is the question.

lol hl3 lol Armageddon will come first.
;__;

Dizzy-4U

Xbox Dedicated Server for L4D/L4D2 and CS:GO? The heck is this? The 360 has steam integration of some kind?

(Just checking the registry, I'm bored).

Overdoziz

Banned
The AI in CoH2 is brutal, even on easy. Could partially be because I'm awful at RTS multiplayer. I put about 50 hours in the first game, but didn't touch the multiplayer at all. Looking forward to playing the singleplayer mode once the full game is released, though.

spectros4

Neo Member
I must say that if they ever release HL3 it would be hilarious if they offer HL1/2 as pre-order bonuses since those games are pratically pre-installed on new pcs nowadays.

I've yet to buy Half-Life 1 yet *hides*, and am waiting for it to go on sale. I own Half-Life 2 and the episodes though, just haven't played them yet.

Cheddahz

Banned
Ok, so I need some bank help with Steam

I bought Hitman this past Friday with my PayPal account and it showed up on my bank account online after I bought it, but I was checking my recent purchases on my bank account tonight and it's not showing and my overall bank total is not being affected by the $9.99 that Hitman was. Should I contact Steam about this, because I don't want the money to be randomly taken out of my account in the future without Steam informing me

jediyoshi

I bought Hitman this past Friday with my PayPal account and it showed up on my bank account online after I bought it, but I was checking my recent purchases on my bank account tonight and it's not showing and my overall bank total is not being affected by the $9.99 that Hitman was. Should I contact Steam about this, because I don't want the money to be randomly taken out of my account in the future without Steam informing me

They'll probably just tell you to wait another few days for the charge to process. Sounds pretty standard.

Grief.exe

I've yet to buy Half-Life 1 yet *hides*, and am waiting for it to go on sale. I own Half-Life 2 and the episodes though, just haven't played them yet.

Just play Black Mesa instead.

I suppose it doesn't have the ending yet, but the area that takes place on is arguably the worst part of the game.

The actual ending is awesome though.

HoosTrax

Amazing how fast things can go to hell in Don't Starve if you ALT-TAB out of it, forgetting that the game still continues running in the background even in fullscreen mode...Back to square one.

Is there a slated unlock time for AOE II?

Grief.exe

Amazing how fast things can go to hell in Don't Starve if you ALT-TAB out of it, forgetting that the game still continues running in the background even in fullscreen mode...Back to square one.

Is there a slated unlock time for AOE II?

It looks like it unlocks at noon PST on April 9th, so maybe noon PST on the 5th for pre-orders?

BiggNife

Once you do pass Hexagonest level the next two feel similarly easy. It's the 6th level that feels like a wall to me now.

Yeah this is what happened to me

After clearing Hexagonest I cleared Hyper Hexagon and Hyper Hexagoner surprisingly quickly

I'm not sure I can do Hyper Hexagonest though. Highest time so far is like 25 secs.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
though does make you wonder why Painkiller last fall wasn't rigged

I looked into Painkiller some weeks ago and couldn't find any evidence to suggest its final tier wasn't unlocked. The internet being the internet, surely someone would have complained.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I shouldn't have watched that Suarez interview. She was much more interesting as a mysterious avatar girl.

Edit: Online games are annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom