• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It's 2013 and GFWL is still alive. This makes me sad. I thought the nightmare was over but it just won't end. Thanks for saving me some cash guys. I refuse to buy any more games using that crap.

It's pretty much dead, Ms. Splosion man is like one of those post-mortem farts that the body pushes out.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
or just register a fake facebook account using a disposable email and use that for contests? :p

But what if I already used my other two facebook accounts for that very reason but I still want a third key and I'm too lazy to create another fake facebook account, specially when I don't really use Facebook and don't give a shit about the service in any way?

WHAT THEN?

:p

DarkFlow

Banned
Amazing what a beta can do for pre orders. Coh2 jumped like 10% in its unlock progress. I still think it's rigged and it will unlock no matter what.

Isaccard

Does anyone have any impressions of Defiance?

Game came out of no where and I'm quite tempted dive in just from what I'm seeing on streams.

graywolf323

Amazing what a beta can do for pre orders. Coh2 jumped like 10% in its unlock progress. I still think it's rigged and it will unlock no matter what.

given Defiance somehow managed to unlock I think we can say for sure the system is rigged

though does make you wonder why Painkiller last fall wasn't rigged

Grief.exe

Could it be that Ms. Splosion Man was actually ported months ago and they've just been waiting to release it?

Given how long this has been in the registry for, I suspect this was completed some time ago, which might explain the apparent backslide on GFWL.

Interesting theory, seems plausible.

given Defiance somehow managed to unlock I think we can say for sure the system is rigged

though does make you wonder why Painkiller last fall wasn't rigged

Not definitively

Defiance has been sitting on top of the steam sales chart for over a week.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I do genuinely think the Defiance beta helped it a lot, quite a few folk seemed to enjoy it. Now that doesn't discount any notions of it being rigged but it did seem to jump in popularity.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Not definitively

Defiance has been sitting on top of the steam sales chart for over a week.

Jumped too much in one day a while back, definitely rigged.

Also, this made me laugh, only review on the store page:

zK0F9eV.png

Anodyne is amazing, I've longed for a snes zelda clone for a long time. Did anyone manage to map the dpad from the 360 pad instead of the analogue stick? If I select "key binding" it only takes keyboard keys, if I go with "joypad binding" it only accepts analogues and buttons, but not the dpad. It's weird. Analogues are not that nice with this game, Young is often facing the "wrong" way (not the one I'd like) while moving.

I'll have to check this out. Anything more to say about the game before I read up on it?

Caerith

Jumped too much in one day a while back, definitely rigged.

Also, this made me laugh, only review on the store page:

zK0F9eV.png
Nice review? No capitalization or punctuation. Is this quote from the comments section, or perhaps selectively quoted from a larger review including the words "This is not" and "by any measurable standard."

Tomodachi

I'll have to check this out. Anything more to say about the game before I read up on it?

Get it from the current groupee bundle, 3$ for six games never before in other bundles, you can't go wrong.

That said, I played it only for about an hour (according to hltb it's 6 hours long), it's not the linear adventure A Link to the past was but the core gameplay is really similar (with some twists), the pixel art and soundtrack are awesome, it's challenging but with smart checkpoints and the atmosphere is amazing in my opinion (much darker than zelda, but also ironic at times and smartly written).

Nice review? No capitalization or punctuation. Is this quote from the comments section, or perhaps selectively quoted from a larger review including the words "This is not" and "by any measurable standard."
Haha, I had to take a look at the source of the quote. It was a preview, and this was the entirety of the snippet: "Of what I was able to explore, bludgeon, and shoot, Defiance’s multiplayer is shaping up to be a refined shooter with lots of gameplay options, sure to please those fatigued by Tab-target MMO combat."

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Haha, I had to take a look at the source of the quote. It was a preview, and this was the entirety of the snippet: "Of what I was able to explore, bludgeon, and shoot, Defiance’s multiplayer is shaping up to be a refined shooter with lots of gameplay options, sure to please those fatigued by Tab-target MMO combat."

Well. Then. Nothing shady about chopping all that down into "a refined shooter"! Just trynna be succinct.

Get it from the current groupee bundle, 3$ for six games never before in other bundles, you can't go wrong.

That said, I played it only for about an hour (according to hltb it's 6 hours long), it's not the linear adventure A Link to the past was but the core gameplay is really similar (with some twists), the pixel art and soundtrack are awesome, it's challenging but with smart checkpoints and the atmosphere is amazing in my opinion (much darker than zelda, but also ironic at times and smartly written).

Thanks! Nice to hear it's a reasonable length.

The Ms. Splosion Man cd-key finally appeared. I played the first level lot's of charm and it reminds me of Bit.Trip Runner 2 in some ways. Don't want a refund since I can play it but still would like to see a notice about GFWL on the store page.

Anodyne is weird. I've just beaten the third dungeon and I'm liking it, it's just that the atmosphere feels somewhat unsettling. The area near the second dungeon creeped me out a lot, with some weird big biped things that don't even attack you and suicide enemies.

I love that the dungeons aren't item-oriented. So far, I've only found two upgrades, while in a regular Zelda I'd probably own like 10 items now (I love Zelda, but this game doesn't feel linear, and there's like zero hand-holding).

I'm kind of expecting a SUPRIRSE PLOT TWIST because of some things the bosses say to the MC, and if it's what I'm thinking it's going to be lame. But it's pretty good overall, grab that Groupees bundle while you can!

P.S. : The speedrun achievement sucks, though. They always do :(

MNC

Holy fucking shit irrational games, what have you done to my head

I fucking love you

WHAT THE FUCK

..... ill be in the spoiler thread

Gav47

You can sell your Bioshock Infinite now, the Songbird is selling at the best price, €2.50, everything else is €1.50-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom