• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeth

"You have 8 new items in your inventory". Oh come on, Steam, I haven't even gifted earlier Dotas and now you gotta give me more. That ain't nice!

Friend Atruvius on Steam and you get Dota 2, don't matter if you ain't a Gaffer.

Thanks for the invite! Still doing some reading re: dota 2 before I jump in and get smacked down and overwhelmed.

Is Sleepy Dogs ok with kb+m or should I use a controller?

dani_dc

Hey JaseC: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/racing/sonic-sega-all-stars-racing/

GMG is having a 75% off Sonic sale. Generations ($7.50), Sonic CD ($1.25), and Racing ($3.75). There are a bunch of others as well.

20% off GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK

Sonic Gen. for 6 bucks is an easy buy. Just make sure you have a controller.

Anyone that didn't get Sonic Generations or CD should jump on this. Racing is a pretty good deal as well if you have no intentions of picking the new one, not an amazing game but worth the price.

There's also a Sonic bundle that's 75% off.

Tomorrow there's going to be a bundle (also 75% off) with:
Jet Set Radio, NiGHTS into DREAMS, SEGA Bass Fishing, Space Channel 5 Part 2, Crazy Taxi, SEGA Megadrive Collection Series 1-5

Tizoc

Anyone that didn't get Sonic Generations or CD should jump on this. Racing is a pretty good deal as well if you have no intentions of picking the new one, not an amazing game but worth the price.

There's also a Sonic bundle that's 75% off.

Tomorrow there's going to be a bundle (also 75% off) with:
Jet Set Radio, NiGHTS into DREAMS, SEGA Bass Fishing, Space Channel 5 Part 2, Crazy Taxi, SEGA Megadrive Collection Series 1-5

Neat I wanted to trade NiGHTS into DREAMS with a GAFFer for another game...but said GAFfer is banned atm lol.

Starbound is what happens when Terraria has sex with Sci fi. It's going to be amazing.

lol

Thx, I'm going to check it out!

Edit: OMG

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Glad I held back on Sonic Racing now. If I am able to get NiGHTS, I will love GMG even more. Though, I doubt it will be at big enough of a discount since it hasn't been out very long.

I'm guessing the base discount will be 40% off, which, when combined with the 20% discount code, will make for a total discount of oh-so-slightly more than half off.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm guessing the base discount will be 40% off, which, when combined with the 20% discount code, will make for a total discount of oh-so-slightly more than half off.
I need it to be less than $4.

Hey GAF Steam thread, I just got approved today after having been browsing the forum for well over a year (it was actually GAF that ended up getting me into Steam in the first place, really). Any chance I can end up getting an invite to the GAF Steam group? Is there anybody in particular I should talk to? Sorry if I'm sounding particularly newbish by the way, just unsure is all.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just realized the sims medieval dlc just got relisted after being taken down
http://www.steamprices.com/us/dlc/102822/the-sims-medieval-pirates-nobles

This pleases my dlc ocd. Almost tempted to buy it at full price in case it gets taken down again

Pirates & Nobles randomly reappeared during the twilight days of the Winter Sale. At the time it took several tries to reach its product page and search results didn't show a thumbnail, so I picked it up at 66% off, just in case its return was in error. Soon enough, though, the glitches were fixed -- it's safe to say it's back for good.

Hey GAF Steam thread, I just got approved today after having been browsing the forum for well over a year (it was actually GAF that ended up getting me into Steam in the first place, really). Any chance I can end up getting an invite to the GAF Steam group? Is there anybody in particular I should talk to? Sorry if I'm sounding particularly newbish by the way, just unsure is all.

Just post a link to your Steam Community profile. Also, if you're not using the option for anything else, you can set it as your GAF homepage URL, which makes it easy for fellow GAFers to add you.

Fireblend

Banned
I don't get why, while I have well over 10 hours logged on Dota 2, I have yet to receive invites so I can give them to my Dota-less friends, and everyone here is complaining about getting 15+ new ones everyday
KuGsj.gif
I'm going to go ahead and guess it's a region thing.

So if anyone has any to spare (which seems to be the norm), feel free to send them my way (my id is Fireblend and my profile page is linked on my GAF homepage).

On other news, I still have a "New Steam Community Beta Invite" on my inventory. Shouldn't those have been deleted? How in the world am I supposed to get rid of that?
KuGsj.gif

NG28

I don't get why, while I have well over 10 hours logged on Dota 2, I have yet to receive invites so I can give them to my Dota-less friends, and everyone here is complaining about getting 15+ new ones everyday
KuGsj.gif
I'm going to go ahead and guess it's a region thing.

So if anyone has any to spare (which seems to be the norm), feel free to send them my way (my id is Fireblend and my profile page is linked on my GAF homepage).

On other news, I still have a "New Steam Community Beta Invite" on my inventory. Shouldn't those have been deleted? How in the world am I supposed to get rid of that?
KuGsj.gif

It took me one year of owning dota and 600 hours played before I got any extra invites for that game. I think its just really random.

Thanks for the invite! Still doing some reading re: dota 2 before I jump in and get smacked down and overwhelmed.

Bot matches are your friend. Reading guides is well and good but you need to actually play the game to put all the theory into practice. If you play a few bot matches, learn the basic flow of combat, how to level up, how to get last hits (gold!/deny!), learn the abilities of a few heroes through the ones you use and the ones the A.I use, you'll fare a lot better in your first few public matches. The bots team-fight by the 6-8 level range and they team-fight a lot better than most people you'll be playing with or against when you're just starting off. You'll learn not to over extend yourself and maybe develop a healthy sense of paranoia when it comes to getting ganked. If you have a friend who has been playing Dota2 for a while, it helps to have them play with you. The information an experienced player can share with you is invaluable and will speed your acclimation.

You will almost immediately know who has been and who has not been practicing when you play your first public match. You'll play against heroes who will to dive at you under a tower with no creep or other heroes to back-up them up and, in all likelyhood, they will be severely under-leveled. They will not try to stun or disable you, they will just go all ham on you and you will silently thank them as you gank them and they feed you gold and exp.

Nokterian

Todat was the first day that valve gave me loads of Dota 2 invites 13 in total. Played almost 4 hours but i like the game,need to learn a bit more of it but to me even the community is better. HoN are such horrible people ugh. Yeah i know most can be harsh even in dota 2 but the matches i played i did not get any harsh comments.

But i started playing since TB made those video's. He is not the best but through him i learned a few basic things. And yes i always try to buy a courier + fying at the beginning.

Bumhead

Banned
Lego LOTR worth it or is it cheaper elsewhere? I'm interested in the game and its something my wife can get on board with which is always a nice bonus.

Todat was the first day that valve gave me loads of Dota 2 invites 13 in total. Played almost 4 hours but i like the game,need to learn a bit more of it but to me even the community is better. HoN are such horrible people ugh. Yeah i know most can be harsh even in dota 2 but the matches i played i did not get any harsh comments.

But i started playing since TB made those video's. He is not the best but through him i learned a few basic things. And yes i always try to buy a courier + fying at the beginning.
Only buy the courier if you're a support. If you're a carry you need all the gold you can get.

Guys what's the best configuration for Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing?

I saw that there's an option for "Low Model Detail" when I turned it off, everything is so bright.... so what's the best high settings... thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom