• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it possible/acceptable to play euro truck sim w/o a wheel? seems like a giant pain in the ass w/ kb/m

Yeah, this is probably the biggest question I have before I go and buy the game. After seeing that Quick Look I'm really tempted but since I don't plan on buying a wheel anytime soon, makes me a bit unsure about whether or not to buy.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
is it possible/acceptable to play euro truck sim w/o a wheel? seems like a giant pain in the ass w/ kb/m
Do you have an iPad or better yet an iPhone or a Mini? I recommend mungogamer. I was just playing GRID with it, it's perfect for people without a real wheel. There are probably alternatives for Android and such but maybe not as good, I don't know.

http://www.mungoscott.com/

There's a Lite version as well, I don't remember what it limits, probably the customization of the layout and stuff.

Edit: also, the app hasn't been updated for a while, it probably isn't good for iPhone5 and it isn't universal, but I'm using it on an iPad2 and it's fine, which is why I suggested the Mini there, it's probably even better on that.

Edit again: oh shit, the app doesn't seem to be available anymore in my region... I hope it's not taken down everywhere and I got your hopes up for nothing. Maybe you can find some decent alternatives now you know this is possible though.

PriitV

Yeah, this is probably the biggest question I have before I go and buy the game. After seeing that Quick Look I'm really tempted but since I don't plan on buying a wheel anytime soon, makes me a bit unsure about whether or not to buy.

Playing my copy successfully with an xbox controller, if possible, do the same.

Glix

I find it incredibly lame that Dawn of War 2 synchs with the cloud but doesn't bring any of your campaign over. Whats the fucking point?

Do you have an iPad or better yet an iPhone or a Mini? I recommend mungogamer. I was just playing GRID with it, it's perfect for people without a real wheel. There are probably alternatives for Android and such but maybe not as good, I don't know.

http://www.mungoscott.com/

There's a Lite version as well, I don't remember what it limits, probably the customization of the layout and stuff.

Edit: also, the app hasn't been updated for a while, it probably isn't good for iPhone5 and it isn't universal, but I'm using it on an iPad2 and it's fine, which is why I suggested the Mini there, it's probably even better on that.

android only here. have a ps3 controller...but it seems like theres a shitton of buttons and things you need to do. its my hesitation to get into the game...

...that and someone said 60mph cap. need to mod that out as soon as possible

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Ah well, that app wouldn't save you if you need more buttons, it only has like a handful to map, which is enough for most racing games (except things like that NFS one that has different weapons etc) but not for that stuff I guess. I was just suggesting it for the sweet tilt steering. I don't think wheels have that many buttons either, you'll need to use the keyboard for stuff I guess.

PaulLFC

I think I already know the answer to this, but just in case it's different, I'll ask anyway:

I own the Sims 3 base game on Origin, but not Steam. I assume if I wanted to buy some expansion packs and register them on Origin I'd have to buy the Sims 3 base game on Steam as well before I can buy any expansions?

Todat was the first day that valve gave me loads of Dota 2 invites 13 in total. Played almost 4 hours but i like the game,need to learn a bit more of it but to me even the community is better. HoN are such horrible people ugh. Yeah i know most can be harsh even in dota 2 but the matches i played i did not get any harsh comments.

But i started playing since TB made those video's. He is not the best but through him i learned a few basic things. And yes i always try to buy a courier + fying at the beginning.

Only buy the courier if you're a support. If you're a carry you need all the gold you can get.

Pretty much what Steve said. Only buy the base level courier if you're a support. You need the rest of your gold to buy basic consumable health and mana items and some starting gear.

If you're just staring off, you can follow the store recommendations as far as what items you should buy for your character. Usually supports, like Crystal Maiden, have courier and wards in their recommended items list in the left of the store panel.

The Judge

Hey guys, still got a key for EU3 Chronicles. If anyone is legitimely interested in trying out the game (great game), then I'll gladly give it away!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Valve updated their video policy.

We encourage our users to make videos using Valve game content, such as playthrough or instruction videos or SFM movies. We are fine with publishing these videos to your website or YouTube or similar video sharing services. We're not fine with taking assets from our games (e.g. voice, music, items) and distributing those separately.

Use of our content in videos must be non-commercial. By that we mean you can't charge users to view or access your videos. You also can't sell or license your videos to others for a payment of any kind.

You are free to monetize your videos via the YouTube partner program and similar programs on other video sharing sites. Please don't ask us to write YouTube and tell them its fine with us to post a particular video using Valve content. It's not possible to respond to each such request. Point them to this page.

Of course this policy applies only to Valve content. If you include someone else's content in your video, such as music, you will have to get permission from the owner.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Sounds fair. Now, where's the ability to record game videos with Steam, Valve? Didn't they state that they were working on this some time ago?

I don't believe so. But I'm sure Valve is free to add Twitch.tv's SDK to Steam any time they wish!

HoosTrax

Well that's just my luck. Of course they would add a new SKU for Civ V Gold right after I buy GOTY, G&K, Korea, and Wonders individually.

Which one of you did that 1080 duck spin right before I chopped off your head on the field map, lol.

It's either lmb greatsword spam or halberd poke spam, take your pick.

I'm probably guilty of some LMB spam, but I did try to mix it up as much as possible. I'm just really new at the game, so when things go awry, I panic :S.

Also, leading with a fake miss and then comboing after when the opponent comes in works a lot of the time, so some people might think that's "spam."

Oh, and I thought I recognized the name "Nabs" but I couldn't quite place it. It's all coming back now that I see your avatar :).

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Don't worry, there's really no such thing as "lmb spam." A person doing that can be easily countered.

Really, the answer to anyone complaining is "get better."

Nabs

I thought The Cave was coming out today on PC? Now it says

Available: January 24th, 2013
This game will unlock in approximately 1 day and 2 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom