• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

I thought The Cave was coming out today on PC? Now it says

Available: January 24th, 2013
This game will unlock in approximately 1 day and 2 hours

Glad I haven't gotten impatient and used my GMG code then. Been waiting on the XBLA version but I've been looking forward to it long enough that I didn't know if I could wait til in the morning...but if my Steam version won't work yet either, hey, might as well give it up for the night.

Alur

You can go ahead and use it. The code works and will put The Cave in your library, you just can't install it yet.

Yeah, sorry, I should have stated it better. I know I can use it now. I was talking about being impatient waiting for the 360 version and wanting to use the Steam code to play it right now (which it appears we can't) as opposed to waiting til the morning for the Xbox Live update.

PaulLFC

So Amazon matching Steam means I can buy Sims 3 expansion packs without having to re-buy the game itself on Steam.

Which expansions are the best? I own nothing except the main game so far.

Addnan

So Amazon matching Steam means I can buy Sims 3 expansion packs without having to re-buy the game itself on Steam.

Which expansions are the best? I own nothing except the main game so far.

I haven't played them myself, but my little brother is an addict and he has Supernatural which he loves and I am buying it late night and maybe generations from Amazon.

edit:hope its okay to ask in here, is Origin down?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Walking Dead is GG's new Daily at half off ($12.48).

I thought The Cave was coming out today on PC? Now it says

Available: January 24th, 2013
This game will unlock in approximately 1 day and 2 hours

Yeah, I noticed that myself last night. The game was supposed to release today; thanks for nothing, Sega.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Sega, it's all Sega.

I'm having Renegade Ops flashbacks.

iYP8UvEIOfZhp.gif

ShaneB

Which one of you did that 1080 duck spin right before I chopped off your head on the field map, lol.

So I did indeed see that crazy ducking spin. LOL It looked hilarious, but it was so fast, I wasn't sure exactly what I saw.

Don't worry, there's really no such thing as "lmb spam." A person doing that can be easily countered.

Really, the answer to anyone complaining is "get better."

FFA lends itself to chaos and it's just how it is. I'm guilty of it. Do I care about dying? Not really because I'll spawn right away, so I just charge in and swing wildly and hope cool stuff happens.

Tizoc

I don't see why you guys are complaining about delays, seeing as you guys mainly get games when they're on sale.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't see why you guys are complaining about delays, seeing as you guys mainly get games when they're on sale.

I still purchase the games I'm anticipating before/on/around release. When I say, "Will wait for a sale", it's because I'm not particularly interested in the game and the chief reason I want it is to increase my library.

Nabs

I hope they can get Divekick straight on Steam, or maybe start the Greenlight campaign right now. I need that and Skullgirls.

A bunch of us already picked it up.

Tizoc

I hope they can get Divekick straight on Steam, or maybe start the Greenlight campaign right now. I need that and Skullgirls.

A bunch of us already picked it up.

I got The Cave too, GMG sent me my code. The game itself won't be playable til the 24th/25th from what Steam told me.
Not in much of a hurry for it primarely because:
1- I'll play it on PS3 first
2- Trophy hunting on my PS3
3- Still looking for a good laptop ;.;

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
You do realize that The Cave is like 20 bronze trophies, not a single silver, gold or platinum.... right?

Anyways, have fun doing like 3 playthroughs of the game on each platform, minimum if you want all trophies/achievements.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I remember the Renegade Ops debacle. I bitched about it a lot but then when the game finally came out, I played like one level and forgot about it.

It seems cool though, someday I'll pull it out of backlog hell.

Tizoc

You do realize that The Cave is like 20 bronze trophies, not a single silver, gold or platinum.... right?
Yup and I don't care about that~

Anyways, have fun doing like 3 playthroughs of the game on each platform, minimum if you want all trophies/achievements.

Eh not really an issue TBH, if I like a game enough I'll replay it even if its not to get Trophies/Cheevos~

Nabs

I remember the Renegade Ops debacle. I bitched about it a lot but then when the game finally came out, I played like one level and forgot about it.

I think I played 2-3 levels. The delay really messed things up for me.

Does anyone know the current situation with the Gamersgate Bethesda Bundle? Can I still get a refund or am I stuck waiting until they deliver the rest of the keys?

Tizoc

3 hours til this give-away ends gang

I'll get the JSR give-away ready once I finish watching 2 AKB Idols play Halo Reach.

I'll get the JSR give-away ready once I finish watching 2 AKB Idols play Halo Reach.

Huh. Then again, if you pick a group of sixty four people from Japan, I'd say odds are good that at least two play videogames of some form.

Thanks for the giveaway, by the way. (Also, I really should download my PS+ version of Jet Set Radio to my Vita).

Miker

Would someone mind inviting me to the GAF Steam gifts group? I'm part of the normal group but wasn't aware of there was a Steam gifts splinter faction. Oh, and my Steam profile is here: steamcommunity.com/id/Mikerrrrr

It's fun in co op. Played through it and had fun for a couple hours.

Tizoc

Huh. Then again, if you pick a group of sixty four people from Japan, I'd say odds are good that at least two play videogames of some form.

Thanks for the giveaway, by the way. (Also, I really should download my PS+ version of Jet Set Radio to my Vita).

@_@ Gonna have to step out for an errand and won't be back for another 30 mins or so, I'll get the JSR Give-away ready by the time Steam's daily deal goes live.
...and the AKB Idols were literally excited to play Halo Reach, but got GGPOed by Ragna and Hazama from BlazBlue.

Which reminds me...Halo isn't available for PC/Steam right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom