• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Time for my hourly Streaming beta praise: just redeemed the key on my laptop, then remotley installed it onto my desktop that's logged in via the Steam interface, which is much more reliable than the website method. Nice touch once again.

i don't know if i should've laughed but i did
the only obscure thing i can think of in gate of guidance is how to get the holy grail

he's right in a way though, there's some really badly designed spots in the game in my opinion but they aren't in gate of guidance

kulapik

LvqyV.png

I only picked up ME1 with that code :(

Hasney

Wait, the Origin thread is still open? I thought the mods said this was technically the all-encompassing PC thread now, like the Playstation Network one. BRING BACK THE VITA THREAD (or at least shut the Origin one >_>)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It redirects to the front page of the store when I click on it.

Strange. I noticed your profile says you're in Sweden so I changed to the Swedish store and it still worked.

Zeknurn said:
It obviously leads to the non-existent gritty American version.

Haha, there are region-specific subs, but the base app is the same (only the key "DLC" is different).

Zeknurn

Strange. I noticed your profile says you're in Sweden so I changed to the Swedish store and it still worked.

Haha, there are region-specific subs, but the base app is the same (only the key "DLC" is different).

Following the link on my wishlist it leads to a

Oops, sorry!
An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region

It has always been broken.

Lain

What is contained in the Season Pass for Assassin's Creed IV, of the available DLC? Just Freedom Cry? Still toying with the idea of getting AC4 from Amazon with the EC coupon (the US game isn't region locked, right?), though I might keep waiting for the gold edition to get a good discount.

JaseC

What is contained in the Season Pass for Assassin's Creed IV, of the available DLC? Just Freedom Cry? Still toying with the idea of getting AC4 from Amazon with the EC coupon (the US game isn't region locked, right?), though I might keep waiting for the gold edition to get a good discount.

Everything but the Time Saver DLC and Blackbeard's Wrath.

schuey7

Is Hero of the Kingdom a good game? I got a 50% off coupon and I do not play these type of games generally.Is it an isometric rpg?

JaseC

Following the link on my wishlist it leads to a

It has always been broken.

I'm going to hazard a guess and say the link is different. ;)

Oh, nice then. Hmmm, now I have to actually make a choice.

That may sound more impressive than it actually is. The only DLC of any importance as far as single-player is concerned is Freedom Cry.

Knurek

Really tempted by M&M X. Even Uplay doesn't deter me...
But OTOH I won't surely play the game for the next few months, and it should be at least 50% off by that time...
Decisions, decisions...

Jawmuncher

Is kind of weird how they announced Re4HD.
To me it seemed like the kind of game they could have gotten away with just surprise releasing. As long as it was on the front page it would be good to go.

Anteater

the re6 benchmark is kind of heavy =o dropped my framerate to 30 with lotsa zombies on screen, does the full game have scenarios like that?

fantomena

Really tempted by M&M X. Even Uplay doesn't deter me...
But OTOH I won't surely play the game for the next few months, and it should be at least 50% off by that time...
Decisions, decisions...

Wait.

the re6 benchmark is kind of heavy =o dropped my framerate to 30 with lotsa zombies on screen, does the full game have scenarios like that?

What's your specs?

Here, the benchmark was a shitty failure. It said my PC could only run RE6 at 30 FPS, the game did actually run way above 60 FPS with everything maxed out on 1920x1080.

Jawmuncher

The Benchmark is pretty crap. The game doesn't take a lot to run.
People here on GAF were hit with 45FPS and the retail game ran at 60FPS with no drops.
That benchmark goes way overboard.

fantomena

Btw, guys, did Valve announce during Steam Dev Days that there was an incoming system for Steam that made users ransfer Steam wallet money to each other or am I dreaming?

Anteater

What's your specs?

i5 3570k and 760gtx

Here, the benchmark was a shitty failure. It said my PC could only run RE6 at 30 FPS, the game did actually run way above 60 FPS with everything maxed out on 1920x1080.

The Benchmark is pretty crap. The game doesn't take a lot to run.
People here on GAF were hit with 45FPS and the retail game ran at 60FPS with no drops.
That benchmark goes way overboard.

oh cool, that's good to know! What a strange benchmark :p but I guess it still gave me a good rank at the end

StAidan

Jonathan Blow gets angry so fast on Twitter. The game is
La-Mulana

I laughed, but on the other hand, Blow's not exactly wrong. I also had to start my game over 30 minutes in after getting irreversibly stuck (ran out of weights) in Temple of the Sun, or whatever the area's called.

Your response might be, "why didn't you carry more weights," or even more, "what are you doing in the Sun Temple 30 minutes into the game?" But the reality is that the game doesn't really offer you that kind of guidance. If you're new to the game, how are you supposed to know that you shouldn't leave the first area until you've found the holy grail, or heck, even until you've beaten the first boss?

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to call it a "poor" game design, but it's most certainly a punishing design in a world where few games allow one to be trapped in that manner. People are conditioned to expect that there's always a way out of an unwinnable situation, but that's just not the case in La-Mulana.

(I do like the game.)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Surprised that the Gaping Dragon is easy as shit, so much for that intimidating gif from a few years ago haha.

HTNuY.gif

JakeD

Here are the few of the recently-greenlit games that have been in bundles (I forgot to do this the other day

thanks for this...only one future key for me in this batch. i think it was 3 or 4 in the last group of 100.

by the way, in case anyone was wondering, it was confirmed by Humble support that a hacker, who was simultaneously hacking my humble account and somebody elses, accidentally activated (the other hacking victiims) teleglitch DLC to my steam account.

humble says the key may be revoked, but they added the BTA games to my bundle for my troubles (i already own them, so modbot) i was nervous about this other victim seeing that my steam account linked to their games and thinking i was the hacker, but they made a note in the file explaining what happened.

Jawmuncher

I'm just hoping more games from Doujin Bundles 1 and 2 are greenlit.
Bought all of them just for that reason. Also i'm hoping we see Doujin Bundle 3 soon. 1 and 2 still stand as the best bundles I have seen on groupees thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom