• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What are we thinking is on the go with the Amalur stuff? Game gets EA added as copublisher, MSRP drop to 19.99, and weekend sale.

Is it:
Option A - The JaseC Patented Hoarder Conspiracy Theory - EA is giving the game one final sale before taking it on a mothership to its home planet

or

Option B - Since the game now has a non-defunct publisher, it will be entered into the sale rotation on a regular basis.

Haha, for the record, although I've presented it as a possibility, I myself don't actually believe EA will take the rest of its balls and go home -- the opposite, in fact.

Edit: Aw, I was hoping for a reply from Longbow overnight.

oipic

Steam needs to stop dying.

Indeed - that may have only been a brief blip of an outage, but for such a widely-used service, these outages have been all too frequent of late (assuming they're somewhat within Valve's control, anyway).

Was mid-game, playing a bit of Aerena - it's pretty good tactical stuff, even at this early stage.

Grief.exe

Thanks for helping out earlier guys and retweeting, we got recognized by PC Gamer!

V5lzBx0.png

Jase, who did you email at Ubisoft for Anno 1404? Maybe we can send an email over there and see if we can get some work done on Pandora Tomorrow.

Blizzard

Banned
Late to the party recommending here, but I highly recommend Guacamelee if anyone like platformers and the luchadore theme. The combos are cool and it even works with the keyboard (see the thread here for a layout).

JaseC

Jase, who did you email at Ubisoft for Anno 1404? Maybe we can send an email over there and see if we can get some work done on Pandora Tomorrow.

I just submitted a support ticket pertaining to Anno and asked that it be distributed to the relevant departments. It's worth noting that Anno 1404 is a special case as it was previously available and Ubi's three-year refusal to patch it essentially left people with a broken game. In the message I also mentioned releasing King Kong and Tintin, but I've been keeping an eye on their respective apps and there's been no non-Valve activity (thus far).

Grief.exe

I just submitted a support ticket pertaining to Anno and asked that it be distributed to the relevant departments. It's worth noting that Anno 1404 is a special case as it was previously available and Ubi's three-year refusal to patch it essentially left people with a broken game. In the message I also mentioned releasing King Kong and Tintin, but I've been keeping an eye on their respective apps and there's been no non-Valve activity (thus far).

Was Pandora Tomorrow ever available digitally?

People with the retail release are left with a broken game currently.

I didn't think it was possible but I hate spiders even more now....

That bitch

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hey everyone, I've been out for a few days did I miss anything exciting?

I think this is the longest I've gone NOT signed in to Steam in over 2 years.
Just 2 days, my life is sad.

FloatOn

It's too bad the gif doesn't show the guy watching the wave come from a mile away.

And then just kinda shrug and sigh afterwards.

Stephen-A-Smith-Thumbs-Up.gif

anyway, I just finished watching the latest update video on Sir, You are Being Hunted.

Can some give me the cliff notes on this trackIR system? I know it's some kind of head tracking thing but what kind of hardware/software would it require? because it looks pretty damn amazing in motion with this game.

edit: never mind... seems it's a $150 add on. not worth it at this point
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0029M6VKA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

DocSeuss

Thanks for helping out earlier guys and retweeting, we got recognized by PC Gamer!

V5lzBx0.png

What, is Anno 1404 coming back to Steam? Aren't there TWO Anno games missing?

EDIT: Oh, apparently this is just an expansion pack?

JaseC

What, is Anno 1404 coming back to Steam? Aren't there TWO Anno games missing?

dCaQmGe.gif

Anno 1404 and the Venice expansion were pulled in March 2011 due to Ubi refusing to patch the games and thus fix a potentially game-breaking bug with the save system. Out of one part boredom and one part desperation I sent an e-mail to Ubi back in late November about patching them (and also releasing the long-dormant King Kong/Tintin apps) and five weeks later the apps received beta patch branches, later entering QA, a few weeks ago.

The second Anno game you refer to is 1701, which was pulled after Aspyr's publishing contract expired. Curiously, the game is still published on GamersGate by Deep Silver and isn't available (digitally) on Ubi's own store even though it owns both the developer and publisher. I'm hoping 1404 does well upon returning and this prompts Ubi to re-release 1701.

Khronico

I remember trying to play Pandora Tomorrow on PC. I couldn't tell if I was bad at stealth or the game was broken. Turns out it's the latter.

PS2 version is acceptable though.

StAidan

Figuring out how to cross the body of water at the end of Brothers was a pretty unique feeling.

That was definitely the most impactful moment of the game to me. I felt like the whole experience was aimed at building up to that one thing.

Thanks to Lain for helping me finally pick up Dark Souls with an EC coupon! Can't wait to actually play this game with a decent framerate :D

JaseC

It seems the new version of UFO: Afterlight was added to all pre-existing Afterlight subs, including the various 1C bundles, and the original app was changed to UFO Afterlight - Old Version. I'd be a little pissed but I've only retroactively wasted $6.

Lain

I have 7 EC coupons left, but the EC sale is ending pretty soon, right?
Well, the coupons should last until tomorrow just for Dark Souls, but still.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Enslaved or Max Payne, what do I buy with my last coupon from Amazon?

Enslaved. You get Pigsy's Perfect 10 for fun platforming and an amusing character that is worth more than a drugged out old retired cop will ever be.

Max Payne for a fun third person shooter mechanics with a lot of cut scenes that some really don't care for others quite like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom