• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone picks South Park over dark souls 2 in March we can't be friends. If you want South Park you are going to need to buy both

I don't see the problem in buying a game I plan on playing right away over a game that I won't get to until I beat the first one. If I even play Dark Souls again.

Ogimachi

Gamefly is doing a "up to 50% off early access steam games" sale.
  • Kerbal Space Program 33% off
  • Star Lords 25% off
  • Particulars 33% off
  • Dungeon Dashers 33% off
  • Starpoint Gemini 2 50% off
  • Horizon 25% off

Extra 25% off codes:
GFDJAN25/GFDJAN25UK
FEB20OFF/UKFEB20OFF

PSA: Amazon Dark Souls keys supply dwindling fast, don't wait too long.
Starpoint Gemini 2 is shaping up quite well IMO.
I would pick South Park over Dark Souls 2
Me too, and there's no way I'm gonna pay full price on DS2 after Scamco delayed the game on PC for no reason at all.

Dr Dogg

But one won't come out until June.

Amazon.co.uk emailed me today to give me an update on my order and put it back to the original release date. Now if I was a gullible so and so I'd happily believe them but I know that's a date pulled straight out of their arse.

I can wait until it's out on PC
when I retire to my cave of isolation away from those lucky PS3 and 360 players.

Really need to wait and see how the port is for Dark Souls 2 before going in at full price. Not really a good track record. If it wasn't for Durante, we aren't even having this conversation.

Sometimes I think you guys forget that there are other threads on this board ;p

I've been outside SteamGAF before. It's a terrifying place.

#neveragain

So, what's the general opinion on The Bureau: XCOM Declassified on steamgaf? worth it?

Depends on what price we are talking about here.

Derrick01

Banned
If anyone picks South Park over dark souls 2 in March we can't be friends. If you want South Park you are going to need to buy both

As usual I have very little interest in a Souls game but I'm sure I'll eventually play it like I did with the others, and I'm sure it will be a completely average and forgettable experience like the others were. I'd like to start retiring my PS3 by then so hopefully the PC version isn't an embarrassment this time. <3 Durante but I'm not giving money to devs who can't even meet minimum standards. March is all about South Park for me, being a huge fanboy of Obsidian and the show.

Mrbob

I almost forgot I pre ordered South Park super cheap from Amazon months ago. Nearly half the price of what the Steam listing is. At the time being THQ it was a steam copy, hope it still is. I don't want a Uplay copy.

MRORANGE

#neveragain

Last time I ventured out I was banned :(.

Sticking to FGC/STEAMgaf with normal few other threads here and there.

ie7CaXI.jpg

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I have 5.89$ worth of trading card cash!
Any good recommendations? I have about 160 games on steam so most of the bigger obvious titles I probably own.

Anustart

Just a quick reminder for those who might have missed it.

Just hopped back on GAF, saw I had a PM and my first thought was:

OMG tell me I won Dark Souls! Checks PM, I did! Thank you so much Tellaerin! I've been wanting to play this game for a while now!

Edit: Dark Souls is only 3.8 gigs??

mannerbot

I have 5.89$ worth of trading card cash!
Any good recommendations? I have about 160 games on steam so most of the bigger obvious titles I probably own.

Guacamelee while it's a daily?

OMG tell me I won Dark Souls! Checks PM, I did! Thank you so much Tellaerin! I've been wanting to play this game for a while now!

Don't forget to install DSfix.

FloatOn

As usual I have very little interest in a Souls game but I'm sure I'll eventually play it like I did with the others, and I'm sure it will be a completely average and forgettable experience like the others were. I'd like to start retiring my PS3 by then so hopefully the PC version isn't an embarrassment this time. <3 Durante but I'm not giving money to devs who can't even meet minimum standards. March is all about South Park for me, being a huge fanboy of Obsidian and the show.

Souls games and the words average and forgettable do not belong in the same sentence.

Of all people I would think you would appreciate the depth the souls games offer. Your credibility with me is shaken.

I was just joking about the South Park thing btw. I <3 steamgaf regardless of your questionable buying practices.

Backlogger

So someone already hooked me up with one of their EC credits earlier today but I had totally forgotten about Dark Souls. If anyone has a credit that will just be thrown away otherwise send me a PM.

Derrick01

Banned
Souls games and the words average and forgettable do not belong in the same sentence.

Of all people I would think you would appreciate the depth the souls games offer. Your credibility with me is shaken.

I was just joking about the South Park thing btw. I <3 steamgaf regardless of your questionable buying practices.

I really love the combat system in those games and I wish more games with swords/melee combat would use it as inspiration, but as a RPG I kind of want more from my games than what Souls games deliver. Those games are like big endless dungeon crawls with nothing else to do except fight things, and it gets a bit old for me pretty quickly. It fits its niche in the genre but I prefer the more traditional RPGs. Like if Witcher 3 had DS' combat it would probably be the greatest thing ever.

robotrock

Banned
I really love the combat system in those games and I wish more games with swords/melee combat would use it as inspiration, but as a RPG I kind of want more from my games than what Souls games deliver. Those games are like big endless dungeon crawls with nothing else to do except fight things, and it gets a bit old for me pretty quickly. It fits its niche in the genre but I prefer the more traditional RPGs. Like if Witcher 3 had DS' combat it would probably be the greatest thing ever.

Have we seen any of the battle system from The Witcher 3? I'd assume it's probably just like 2 but I do not know, as I haven't seen it.

Any Americans on willing to gift me Kingdoms of Amalur, just the standard edition (US$5.99)? Obviously I'll paypal beforehand!

No keys left :(

Derrick01

Banned
Have we seen any of the battle system from The Witcher 3? I'd assume it's probably just like 2 but I do not know, as I haven't seen it.

I don't think we've seen more than glimpses of it but I saw about a week ago where they said they were more inspired by the Batman games. Now I love the combat in those games but I'm not sure if it could work or look as good in sword games like that or the Lord of the Rings game coming. It works with Batman because it was pretty much built around the type of character he is and the abilities/gadgets he uses.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
That Loadout's not too bad at all, when you can get a match that is. Servers are being pounded right now though they're trying to get that sorted.

Pay model seems decent too, basically cosmetics and a few boosters for XP/Blutes (the ingame currency). Think I'll have fun with this.

Uraizen

Banned
Dark Souls 2 isn't out on PC in March, and I'd vastly prefer to spend my money on South Park anyway.

You sure about that?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-19-dark-souls-2-out-on-march-14-pc-version-to-follow

"Our goal is to release the PC version in the same window. For the PC version we're simply saying March - we're trying our best for PC and console. The reason we can't announce the specific date is we're working on more options on how to make the PC version optimal."

#neveragain

There are lots of crazy posts out there and people just trolling so it is best to-

As usual I have very little interest in a Souls game but I'm sure I'll eventually play it like I did with the others, and I'm sure it will be a completely average and forgettable experience like the others were.

Yeah the rest of Gaf isn't so bad really.

Tellaerin

Enjoy! :D

(I had the exact same reaction when I saw the size of the game. Apparently having console-grade textures makes it a lot smaller than I'm used to for a PC game nowadays.)

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Sir, You Are Being Hunted just got a giant update! :eek:

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
They added the Rider (among other things)

I was just looking through the release notes. Damn. I really REALLY love that game but I put like 20 hours into already. I kinda just want to wait until the 1.0 is out before I dive back into it. It sounds so goddamn cool though. I'm in the same spot with Mercenary Kings. I played so much of that game last year and it seems stupid to go back to it before its done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom