• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only real issue with Max Payne 3 is the barrage of unskippable cutscenes that take control away from you all the time. Other than that it's a mechanically fantastic game. It manages to retain the essence of the combat from the old games almost perfectly, has fun levels and it looks and runs amazing.

Made some good buys on the Amazon EC sale:

Alice Madness Returns: The Complete Collection ($4.99)
Burnout Paradise Bonus Vehicle Pack ($1.99)
Dark Souls PTD Edition ($2.49)
Dead Space 3: Awakened ($3.49)
Enslaved/Inversion Pack ($2.49)
GTA Trilogy ($1.99)
Thief in the Shadows Pack ($2.49)

Now I patiently wait for the next one. At least I'm slowly starting to get through my backlog.

I hate when a game bug just destroys any drive I have to finish a game. I'm near the end of Stranger's Wrath, and a the game crashes to desktop anytime I die now.

Echoplx

It's fine to use the NA version of Naruto in Australia right? I have no idea what region we are meant to be, there's only EU and NA on steamdb

Ban Puncher

Finally I'm accepted into the family in Mafia 2.

Time to put on my fedora.

tU0Fkip.gif

Kuroyume

Banned
Update for IGS buyers, coming this week:

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/262690/

Oniken almost done:

Oniken Steam Version:

-we have achievements!
-some musics have been replaced
-some graphics have been replaced
-we made lots of fixes
-stage 1-2 was redone
-new "hardcore" game mode
- and... finally... YOU CAN NOW CONFIGURE YOUR GAMEPAD THE WAY THAT YOU WANT!!! =D

Ah yes, and everyone that already has the game on Desura will be able to get a steam copy.
Well, that is it for now, thank you everyone!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/92937904/1391092391

_hekk05

Banned
What are the steps i need to do to activate Inversion?

If you're not in the americas:
Get free VPN
Activate inversion
Download and play

If you are:
Download and play

Just install Spotflux and turn it on. Then activate the game and turn off Spotfux.

Does spotflux lite work? I tried it but I wasn't sure if it set my IP to an american one. Also I have no idea how to activate a game on the steam website.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's fine to use the NA version of Naruto in Australia right? I have no idea what region we are meant to be, there's only EU and NA on steamdb

The game's MP is reportedly region-based but since Australia is lumped in with Europe it doesn't really matter.

What are the steps i need to do to activate Inversion?

Install and run Spotflux -> register your key -> exit Spotflux.

Edit: Beaten.

Lain

Gave a try to Hero Siege since I was able to get my steam key from Desura and, while I can see some potential for fun in the game, it left me quite unimpressed thanks to technical problems.
Playing in fullscreen, I was enduring some sort of screen-tearing on the top and bottom of my screen.
Playing in a window, a 480x320 window, I was having slow downs when a good amount of enemies were on screen at one point.

Gameplay wise, the shop mechanics that won't pause the game while you're buying a potion or some temporary buff is a bit annoying. If the shop window didn't cover so much of the screen it could be less annoying, probably.
I wasn't able to shoot in diagonal but only up/down and left/right and that feels quite restrictive.

Echoplx

The game's MP is reportedly region-based but since Australia is lumped in with Europe it doesn't really matter.

Thanks, I only plan on playing story mode anyway.

I don't trust Namco to have a better sale on this any time soon so I hope I made the right choice haha

Tizoc

Evrain won the Inversion giveaway, hopefully the code works for you otherwise use VPN once to redeem it and you'll be fine.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just got UFO Afterlight added to my account, and the one I already had is now called Old Version....

ok then?

Jawmuncher

Sitting here with this laptop I realize I should have bought a better one.
My only reason being I could have gotten something that let me played RE6.
I think I could last this whole deployment playing just that.

FUCK. I didn't have any money left on my card yesterday, so after going to the bank I was going to buy Enslaved and Dark Souls today... Only to find that the Enslaved deal is already over :( I thought all the Namco deals were extended until sunday...

brb going to kill myself.

I know this isn't the right thread for this, but if anyone has a spare Enslaved key left and is willing to sell it for the Amazon price, hit me with a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom