• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart

Someone would have to pay me 20 bucks for me to play a South Park game. All well and good for you fans out there, but I can't say I much enjoy the show at all.

In other news, Dark Souls seems to be operating much better now, thanks Durante and whoever did the mouse fix. Time to progress!

Cheddahz

Banned
Someone would have to pay me 20 bucks for me to play a South Park game. All well and good for you fans out there, but I can't say I much enjoy the show at all.

I enjoy the older seasons much more than the newer seasons, but it just looks like an amazing RPG to play

Corpekata

Banned
Who cares about the IP, it's an Obsidian RPG, and one that is going to skewer the genre they're good at. That's about all that matters.

God damned Teleglitch, I will never beat this game. Was low on ammo, managed to find a hidden room stocked to the gills with assault rifles and ammo and walked aside and was instantly killed by two guys with rockets. New scanlines are neat, hide some of the ugliness.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey, I told you people it was a steaming pile of mammoth manure, but nooo, you were all too blinded by dat ass.

image.php

Got my South Park from my russian guy for 9 keys :), the only game I need to buy before march now is castlevania 2 any news when that's gonna be up for preorder?

Deadbeat

Banned
Well, they are more of modern reboots than anything. I don't think comparing a 2000 PC game and a 2014 multiplatform release is viable, because things have changed so much since then. Even it the name of the series didn't.
I know what you mean man. I mean my brain has atrophied so much and im too stupid to comprehend a jump button. Its good they removed things in videogames such as:

-Using your brain
-Using your brain

and my ever favorite feature of all time

-Using your brain

DSmalls84

Ugh just *upgraded* my copy of Deus Ex: HR to the Director's Cut, and I have never experienced Stuttering this bad in any game. I tried a few registry fixes I found online but it still seems terrible in the intro section. Any ideas before I uninstall?

JaseC

Ugh just *upgraded* my copy of Deus Ex: HR to the Director's Cut, and I have never experienced Stuttering this bad in any game. I tried a few registry fixes I found online but it still seems terrible in the intro section. Any ideas before I uninstall?

The DC uses an older build of the game so the onus is on Squeenix to patch it. Someone has been fiddling with the LCS branch on a regular basis but thus far there hasn't been a single actual game update has only been one actual game update (3~4 months ago).

Derrick01

Banned
Got my South Park from my russian guy for 9 keys :), the only game I need to buy before march now is castlevania 2 any news when that's gonna be up for preorder?

No idea but it has to happen soon. We're approaching the 3 week mark and our resident Konami gaffer won't even tease a date for preordering. I really think they want to avoid what's going on with South Park right now and also limit as many GMG purchases as possible.

JaseC

Speaking of pre-orders, Lego: The Movie: The Game: The Movie: The Game: The Movie: The Game: The Film: The Videogame isn't up and its out in two days. WB did this with Marvel and LOTR, too. No pre-purchase love for Lego. :( I imagine Lego-themed TF2 pre-purchase incentives would see it do quite well.

Volimar

Speaking of pre-orders, Lego: The Movie: The Game: The Movie: The Game: The Movie: The Game: The Film: The Videogame isn't up and its out in two days. WB did this with Marvel and LOTR, too. No pre-purchase love for Lego. :(

Please let that be the actual name. I want to see that movie.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I grabbed Naruto yesterday from the Amazon sale, got around to playing it a bit today. Game is simple as can be, but unlike the Dragon Ball Z games you almost feel in control of your character. I'd almost put it more in line with Dynasty Warrior games than fighting games, just because it's very simple combat but it does a great job of making you feel like you have super powers. It's about the best of what you can expect from a game based on an anime like this (including the godawful English voice acting which I replaced with the probably awful Japanese voice acting that I at least can't tell is awful). It looks absolutely amazing and you fly around being a flippin' magic ninja.

JaseC

Please let that be the actual name. I want to see that movie.

Something needs to topple Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 4 - The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood as the Steam game with the longest name!

Turfster

Something needs to topple Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 4 - The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood as the Steam game with the longest name!

Doesn't "Hamlet or the Last Game without MMORPG Features, Shaders and Product Placement" win?
Hm, no, it's shorter.
Not by much, though, and it doesn't cheat with chapter numbers like Telltale did ;)

JaseC

Play it now, unless you want Botox Lara.

I imagine the release of the PC DE will be handled in a similar manner to that of DE:HR's Director's Cut, meaning the current version won't be patched but rather will have its store presence replaced.

Derrick01

Banned
I like how there's apparently an abundance of makeup on that isolated island. That's what the weird new derpy lookin Lara suggests at least.

I like how there's apparently an abundance of makeup on that isolated island. That's what the weird new derpy lookin Lara suggests at least.

It's from the beginning of the game before she gradually becomes more dirty as various pitfalls occur. The arms are dirty because it's a costume. Hopefully Tressex 2.0 will allow hair to become dirty, is the only thing that stays pristine throughout and is a bit silly.

JaseC

It's from the beginning of the game before she gradually becomes more dirty as various pitfalls occur. The arms are dirty because it's a costume. Hopefully Tressex 2.0 will allow hair to become dirty, is the only thing that stays pristine throughout and is a bit silly.

That would probably undo the strides AMD has apparently made vis-a-vis performance optimisations. Maybe in 3.0. ;)

FloatOn

being that it's february now my plan to play fallout new vegas is now in full effect.

brace yourself for more stories from the wasteland.

Just bought KoA: Complete. Also added Castlevania to my wish list. I played maybe 50% on the 360 when it came out. Is the port good?

Yep, runs well and is pretty well optimized as far as I can tell. Constant 60 FPS at 2880x1800 with a GTX670. Cutscenes are locked at a gross 24 FPS but that's due to the way they were created I imagine. Not sure why but they just don't look as smooth as a film does. Perhaps there's some stuttering I need to fix.

For anyone who was struggling with Teleglitch the latest patch did make the earlier levels a bit easier, and added in a ton of new lighting effects, shadows, and special effects for various weapons so it's a great chance to jump back into the game.

Backlogger

being that it's february now my plan to play fallout new vegas is now in full effect.

brace yourself for more stories from the wasteland.

New Vegas is great, I played it tonight in fact. I am very close to the end minus doing any of the DLC missions. I kinda screwed it up by getting one of the factions to attack me on sight because of my rep with them but oh well, I really hated them (
I had to kill Caeser and his Legion to get proof that they would enslave the Great Khans. Proof became a moot point with Caeser dead... lol
)

FloatOn

You can't compare Fallout 3 to an actual RPG like NV. It's so massively better in every single way that I would say it's unfair to Bethesda if I actually gave a shit about them.

it was kind of embarrassing how much skyrim was basically fallout 3 in a game of thrones skin. fallout 3 was only slightly more interesting due to it's less cookie cutter story.

I'm really looking forward to getting into new vegas. If half of gaf is right on new vegas being better than fallout 3 I may actually play the other classic pc games I've missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom