• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipper145

Sounds like my experience in finally getting to level 4 the other night. Only to take one step on to what I thought was an ordinary block and it flies up and smashes me into the roof. Haha

That happened to me the first time I almost got to the city of gold, jumped at the door, and got smooshed instantly. Always die in the most unexpected ways.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
So I slept through most of my birthday, calls telling me happy birthday, and some calls trying to take me to dinner and/or superbowl parties.

Anything good happening in steamland that I missed?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So I slept through most of my birthday, calls telling me happy birthday, and some calls trying to take me to dinner and/or superbowl parties.

Half life 3 leaked and all games for 1 cent each.

Happy Bday sir!

r3n4ud

Happy birfday! And to answer your question, no. Only thing going on is the different ways to say DayZ

HoosTrax

Wonder if Valve are big Seahawk fans. Dat Super Bowl score...

Come to think of it, didn't Washington state legalize marijuana? They're probably all too stoned to care.

StAidan

Introduced myself to Crusader Kings II today. Yikes, that game is hardcore. Went through the beginner tutorial stuff and then started a game. Within minutes my army was wiped out by a foreign invader. The enemy king then tossed some insults about my smell while accepting my surrender.

radMonkey

Speaking of Playfire rewards. I can't transfer what I earned. Both emails are the same. Dunno what I can do other than contacting support...

playfirelbsru.png

Yup, please talk to Customer Support and they can investigate it for you.

has anyone successfully gotten playfire rewards working properly? i've achieved a few of their rewards but my credit hasn't moved since the initial $.82 i got for setting up my account

If there are any rewards that you qualified for but didn't get, please contact our Customer Support. If it is in fact a bug then you're helping us out a lot.

nah, lots of people were complaining in their forums about not getting, and I myself haven't gotten some. I just gave away all idea. It might work some day, but now it's not really working.

Naturally if something doesn't work, the first thing they do is go to the forums. There's a lot of people who are the Playfire Rewards BETA successfully. Having said that, it is a beta and we're the first to admit that it's not perfect. The more people that join the beta and test the rewards, the more we can work out the kinks. Every little helps :)

But I can't see how they can monitor maybe hundreds/thousands of steam accounts that are trying to get their rewards.

The how is not necessarily something we're going to share - I'm sure you'll understand why. Just know that we have detected people using SAM and we have banned them, blacklisted their account and notified Valve. We're hoping that we'll be able to rotate rewards enough and introduce enough variety that there's no real need to feel like you've missed out and resort to cheating, cos that would make me sad.

HoosTrax

Not really sure the point of the Playfire rewards thing personally. Seems kind of pointless to those of us who are achievement hunters to begin with, and can't re-unlock achievements we've already gotten.

Yuripaw

Banned
I didn't want to make a whole new thread for this, but I have a question that maybe someone can help me out with. Is there a way to just see a list of which games I own on steam include a Mac capable version other than going to each individual page? I might be getting a Mac later this month, and I'm curious which games I own would work on it.

Zafir

Why did they make the Z a capital if it was meant to be pronounced Dayz then? xD

Bah, I don't know why I'm even continuing this conversation, lol!

Gvaz

Banned
While we're on the topic of Zed or Zee, It's Zee-Zee Top, not zed zed Top. Zed Zed Top sounds awful and doesn't roll off your tongue like the name ZZ Top should. Plus they're from Texas. Rush's song YYZ is Why Why Zed 'cause that's how they pronounce it in Canada.

My favorite nation to play as is Portugal actually because of how great expanding into the New World is with the Portuguese. In my current game of EU IV I have most of the East Coast of North and South America under Portuguese control and noone else has managed to get a foothold in the New World. Castille's too busy beating up Aragon and the French are getting conquered by the Provence. Stuff's crazy.

it's zee zee top because that's how the letter Z is pronounced.

Also it's Day Zee. No one calls it daze. No one.

Nabs

I didn't want to make a whole new thread for this, but I have a question that maybe someone can help me out with. Is there a way to just see a list of which games I own on steam include a Mac capable version other than going to each individual page? I might be getting a Mac later this month, and I'm curious which games I own would work on it.

Do you have Enhanced Steam? You can just scroll through this and it'll highlight what you own http://store.steampowered.com/search/?os=mac&category1=998

There may be an easier solution, but this isn't so bad.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Can someone talk me out of buying Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. I have the game on PS3 due to PS+, but I still somewhat want it on Steam just for better performance and setting changes.

it's zee zee top because that's how the letter Z is pronounced.

Also it's Day Zee. No one calls it daze. No one.

It's Zed X Spectrum because that's how the letter Z is pronounced for ZX Spectrum.

It's Zet CROSS because that's how the letter Z and symbol X are pronounced for Kamen Rider ZX.

It's also been established that the name of the game is pronounced with the "Zee" version because that's how the creator named it. We can get past this now, no matter how many ways it's perfectly acceptable to pronounce Z. Just like it's perfectly fine for Saoirse Ronan to not pronounce her name in a non-Irish way.

Ys is still weird though.

Gvaz

Banned
Can someone talk me out of buying Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. I have the game on PS3 due to PS+, but I still somewhat want it on Steam just for better performance and setting changes.

It's Zed X Spectrum because that's how the letter Z is pronounced for ZX Spectrum.

It's Zet CROSS because that's how the letter Z and symbol X are pronounced for Kamen Rider ZX.

It's also been established that the name of the game is pronounced with the "Zee" version because that's how the creator named it. We can get past this now, no matter how many ways it's perfectly acceptable to pronounce Z. Just like it's perfectly fine for Saoirse Ronan to not pronounce her name in a non-Irish way.

Ys is still weird though.

Zee-Ecks Spec-trum
Kah-men Ry-der zee-ecks
Whys

So sayeth the lord

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I don't follow American Football at all, but I do like Denver's Quarterback.
2kr5.gif

Better performance and settings are always worth it.

I know they are worth it, but I'm quite fine sticking with a console game if it's still just as playable. Which I'm kinda hoping someone will tell me it is. Oh and I guess I should mention the fact I haven't played more than five minutes of the game.

Just want to give you guys a thanks for passing on the news of South Park: The Stick of Truth. Got mine for $25 (wanted to give a little extra more to the seller) and now all I have to do is kick back and wait for March.

Thank you, guys!

Man, the room with the four switches in The Swapper is bonkers.

I know when I did it I felt like I got a sloppy solution but that wasn't even my worst puzzle. There's one with two switches that turn off colored lights and remove two "doors" covering the orb in the bottom-left side of the room that I brute forced because I couldn't think of a great solution. I seriously just kept jumping in goofy ways to catch clones on ceiling geometry to make it so I could fall through the opened hole incorrectly.

The other one I recall having some issues with for awhile had a switch in a tiny pocket room up top, a middle level with the orb gated on the right side, and the bottom level. It was one of those where one clone is trapped so the puzzle is done with one less unit. I farted around in there for far too long (maybe ten minutes) before realizing my error and then I got it right away. It was just one of those things where you neglect trying one thing because it doesn't seem correct but once you give it a shot you realize it opens the whole puzzle open.

Pretty neat game with some wonderful puzzles. Fairly easy overall but those sorts of spacial puzzles go quickly for me. Shows 3.7 hours on Steam but I can't recall if some of that was away from the game paused.

Tellaerin

Off topic, but I just got a 3DS XL for only $35 lol

Congrats! And better yet, I think all the letters in that are pronounced the same way regardless of what country you're from. :D

Yeah it's still there. Still visible for my friend in Family Sharing too.

What is it with you and Family Sharing, anyway? It seems like you're hell-bent on reminding everyone that you're sharing your library with your friends every chance you get. I'm still trying to figure out what the big deal's supposed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom