• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have $5.00 credit from GMG for steam achievements! But seriously what is stopping people from using Steam Achievement Manager and getting free money?

This is a huge longshot but I figured I'd throw it out here. I'm looking to unload an xcom gift from forever ago. I'm just looking for some keys that I can unload right onto the marketplace to get some money in my steam wallet. I know there is a steam trading topic, but I don't see a whole lot of people wanting xcom there and I'm hoping to just do it real quick. Also dealing with trading sites is such a pain in the ass and I've had no luck there for the last 3 hours.

So if you have 3 keys laying around and want the new XCOM shoot me a message.

Gvaz

Banned
I've gone on the record here saying how much I hate Alpha Protocol. I really don't want to open that can of worms again.

Then you weren't playing it right. You're supposed to play it as a stealthy asshole who punches everyone in the level out, then be a dick to everyone in convos. The effects of your conversation is great, and the sneaking is broken to the point you can stand in front of someone and they dont see you, but it's funny and fun that way.

Then you weren't playing it right. You're supposed to play it as a stealthy asshole who punches everyone in the level out, then be a dick to everyone in convos. The effects of your conversation is great, and the sneaking is broken to the point you can stand in front of someone and they dont see you, but it's funny and fun that way.

I loved that the game allowed me to be a stealthy whirlwind of fists. Fucking awesome.

really hope its mirror of fate HD and not the first one

If there's another game with the pre-order, I'm buying it the moment it shows up. I don't have either of those games (I played LoS on 360 and that's why I didn't buy it yet).
Yup. was about to pull the trigger on buying MoF on my 3ds, but this news will make me wait. Even though it's known to be a bad game, i want to play it for the plot, seeing i dont really like reading this type of stuff on wikias.

Anteater

fuck those assholes in the japanese backyard in mg rising

will do the elevator part with the birds and monkeys some other time

edit: guess that wasn't so bad, sundowner time

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
EVE Online for $5? Sure, why not

Nope, and you don't want the Director's Cut anyways.

Why what's wrong with the Director's Cut to the point you would recommmend people avoid it? I own Human Revolution, The Missing Link and The Director's Cut. I was replaying the Director's Cut and got up to Ty Young Medical, there were some minor weird issues here and there, like a missing texture of a ceiling in the reflection of a floor being the default UV texture map, but that's it. I didn't encounter anything serious in the point I played up to.

Also the old deal applies once again? Or at least that's how it shows up on the store page for me still.

didamangi

Have been playing Enslaved and the combat finally improved a bit 5 hours in, after I unlocked all melee combat options and the enemies that they're throwing are getting varied as well. The melee system still doesn't feel smooth enough though.

Playfire rewards (connected to GMG) you get money for playing games and getting achievements http://blog.playfire.com/. I just don`t see why people won`t use SAM.

N.B: We encourage all users to report any bugs or exploits they discover to our Customer Support team. Any user caught exploiting the Playfire Rewards BETA or using tools to falsify their Steam activity for personal gain will be banned from Playfire and reported to Valve. This may also incur additional repercussions on your Green Man Gaming account. We encourage any suspicious activity to be reported directly to our Customer Support team.

But I can't see how they can monitor maybe hundreds/thousands of steam accounts that are trying to get their rewards.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Why what's wrong with the Director's Cut to the point you would recommmend people avoid it? I own Human Revolution, The Missing Link and The Director's Cut. I was replaying the Director's Cut and got up to Ty Young Medical, there were some minor weird issues here and there, like a missing texture of a ceiling in the reflection of a floor being the default UV texture map, but that's it. I didn't encounter anything serious in the point I played up to.

Also the old deal applies once again? Or at least that's how it shows up on the store page for me still.

You haven't realized it yet, but the Director's Cut gave you an STD. That's why we recommend avoiding it at all costs.

KarmaCow

I'm with you. There are some performances issues, but the DC is still worth it i for nothing else but the commentary tracks from the leads of the game. Especially at $5.

Eanan

Is Inversion any good?

Meant to be decent enough.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Shelter -- MB-29332451BE71613B - Taken by adriano999

FloatOn

this is the general consensus from those that like the game. to me, playing a rpg is all about choice. the fact that every other aspect of alpha protocol is so fundamentally broken speaks volumes.

There are plenty of other games that do conversation choices well. There are also stealth games that I've enjoyed. I don't need both aspects in one game. A game that I have to trick myself into enjoying by playing the only method that works.

but speaking of non-shitty obsidian games... I played an hour and a half of Fallout New Vegas and I can already tell I'm going to like this one much more than Fallout 3.

The pastries, huh? Interesting.

Lol, I just woke up.

And I really don't understand the Rising camera complaints. Almost finished my very hard playthrough and it's no where near as frustrating as any Ninja Gaiden game. There have been one or two annoying moments where an enemy off screen is shooting me but otherwise it's perfectly fine

The Saboteur is coming to Steam? That game had the best "so bad it's good" fake accents ever, and while it certainly wasn't the most polished game, the color theme was awesome, jumping across rooftops was fun, and you had a lot of options for how to tackle missions

And the game introduced me to Nina Simone so that's another plus

Lol, I just woke up.

And I really don't understand the Rising camera complaints. Almost finished my very hard playthrough and it's no where near as frustrating as any Ninja Gaiden game. There have been one or two annoying moments where an enemy off screen is shooting me but otherwise it's perfectly fine
I love the game but the camera is one of the worst I've faced, namely because I took notice of how erratic it can get when I'm normally just used to compensating for the cameras in other games. I haven't played Ninja Gaiden though so I can't comment on that point of comparison, but the way Rising's will just spazz out for no discernible reason does make it problematic at times.

Volimar

I bit and gabbed Deus Ex. I'm nearly done with dead space, so I'll likely move to this once I install the huge thing.

Off topic but RIP Phillip Seymour Hoffman in case steamGAF hadn't heard.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Yeah, the ones Atari was prepping were all ready to go. Valve employees have them so at some point Atari added store info but just never got as far as making them available publicly.

Atari has been gradually re-adding games over the last few weeks; TDU2, The Undergarden, and Tycoon City New York all popped back up. TDU2 is re-added under Atari while he other two were assigned a new publisher (Tommo) but were originally Atari.

FloatOn

Off topic but RIP Phillip Seymour Hoffman in case steamGAF hadn't heard.

317cecd397f0b6dc602086faa5350f10.266x500x1.jpg

one of the greats...

Yup. was about to pull the trigger on buying MoF on my 3ds, but this news will make me wait. Even though it's known to be a bad game, i want to play it for the plot, seeing i dont really like reading this type of stuff on wikias.

I played a little of MoF (demo) on my 3DS and I really hated how the combat was some sort of 2D God Of War, QTEs included. But if it comes as a bonus with LoS 2 then I would certainly try to play it a little more.

I actually only played a little of LoS 1 and I'm not really liking it so much. The fractured chapter progress coupled with the fixed camera are pretty annoying.

And since we're are at Castlevania realm: Anybody knows what IGA is doing nowadays? The guy simply vanished. Also, I would love to see older Castlevanias on Steam.

I still don't know whether Mirror of Fate(3DS) was a good or bad game just because I was so distracted by the fact that it runs at about 15 FPS for 80% of the game.

And incredible bummer about PSH, one of the greatest actors of the era and it's a terrible shame that so many roles that no doubt would have been revelations will never come to be.

I still don't know whether Mirror of Fate(3DS) was a good or bad game just because I was so distracted by the fact that it runs at about 15 FPS for 80% of the game.

It was pretty bad. On the other hand the 3D effects were really well done. If a PC version had proper support for that I'd give it another go.

If I had 3D on my PC... Which of course I don't.

Is Los 2 supposed to be much different to the first game?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What the FUCK Phillip Seymour Hoffman died???

Dipper145

Finally got to the city of gold in spelunky last night! was so excited, then I died immediately in a hilariously unfortunate way!

Derrick01

Banned
Open world bit is interesting, might have to look into it more.

From what I understand there's 2 open world locations, the castle and the city. I wish Konami was more clear on it but their marketing for the game has quite frankly been atrocious and really confusing. I think they may even be in different time periods....yeah I don't have a clue lol.

Dr Dogg

Just had a rather comical chat with one of my mates. He asked me "Have you played Daisy yet?" which had me a bit puzzled so I asked "No, not heard of that. What's Daisy about?" "You know that zombie mod that's now available as a separate game". By this point in time I'm pissing myself laughing "You mean Day Zed you clown". Oh how the wonders of language and different pronunciations travel.

Finally got to the city of gold in spelunky last night! was so excited, then I died immediately in a hilariously unfortunate way!

Sounds like my experience in finally getting to level 4 the other night. Only to take one step on to what I thought was an ordinary block and it flies up and smashes me into the roof. Haha

Volimar

Just had a rather comical chat with one of my mates. He asked me "Have you played Daisy yet?" which had me a bit puzzled so I asked "No, not heard of that. What's Daisy about?" "You know that zombie mod that's now available as a separate game". By this point in time I'm pissing myself laughing "You mean Day Zed you clown". Oh how the wonders of language and different pronunciations travel.

Calling it Zed makes the letter Z sound so much more badass.

I pronounce it as Day Zee, too.

On an unrelated note, I'm having a good time with Max Payne 3. The cutscenes are too long for their own good and all the added effects can get a bit annoying, but the gameplay still feels really good.

Kuroyume

Banned
Leftovers

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gravity Badgers -- MB-C6F256A705805F29 - Taken by Evrain. 1 entrants total.
Two Brothers -- MB-D56F5113D7E48071 - Taken by Ezalc. 3 entrants total.

t1391382947z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom