• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
What is it with you and Family Sharing, anyway? It seems like you're hell-bent on reminding everyone that you're sharing your library with your friends every chance you get. I'm still trying to figure out what the big deal's supposed to be.

When you experience it with a group of friends it changes everything.

Cheddahz

Banned
That's a damn good deal on a 3DS XL Cheddahz.

I thought it was as well. I finally get to play some RPGs I've been wanting to play (I'm downloading the Bravely Default demo right now) and I get to play Animal Crossing for the first time since the Gamecube days

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Saboteur is coming to Steam? That game had the best "so bad it's good" fake accents ever, and while it certainly wasn't the most polished game, the color theme was awesome, jumping across rooftops was fun, and you had a lot of options for how to tackle missions

And the game introduced me to Nina Simone so that's another plus

The game's registry listing is ancient, sadly.

Atari has been gradually re-adding games over the last few weeks; TDU2, The Undergarden, and Tycoon City New York all popped back up. TDU2 is re-added under Atari while he other two were assigned a new publisher (Tommo) but were originally Atari.

Ghostbusters, too, but Atari isn't involved with D&D at all these days. Speaking of, Wizards responded to my e-mail in the expected fashion:

Hello Jason,

Thank you for contacting Wizards of the Coast Game support!

At this time, the games that are available on steam are Baldur's Gate [Enhanced Edition] and Daggerdale. We do not have any additional information regarding any other games releasing on Steam.

For any information regarding games on Steam, keep your eye out on the steam page as well as the D&D page linked below:

Link - http://www.wizards.com/Dnd/Daily.aspx

If there are any other questions, please feel free to contact us and we will be glad to help.

Happy gaming and have a wonderful day!

Tellaerin

I thought it was as well. I finally get to play some RPGs I've been wanting to play (I'm downloading the Bravely Default demo right now) and I get to play Animal Crossing for the first time since the Gamecube days

RPGs and Animal Crossing? Seeya next year, man. >.>

Turfster

Deus Ex deal says owners of the vanilla version and Missing Link gets a discount.

What's the discount and how do you get it?

Discount is applied automatically. However, due to the fact that it's currently on sale, the price is basically the same as the discount, so it doesn't get applied for the duration.

def sim

I would totally rock a pink 3DS XL at $35. I saw it available for store pick up at my closest K-mart, but the Superbowl got in the way.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm playing real life animal crossing tomorrow by getting rid of this pain in the ass tree in the yard.

I guess I can't really poke fun at how pointless that game is when I'm over 40 hours in the 3DS harvest moon.

The music box section in Castlevania is the worst, it saved my checkpoint with almost no health so I have to get past 5 different obstacles without being hit *pulls out hair*

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What exactly is this exploit they are using anyway? And why does it only work for South Park?

Someone PM'd me a couple of days ago saying it just involves adding the ROW sub to one's cart and switching to the RU store while checking out. It works on other games, too, reportedly, such as the Payday 2 four-pack.

Someone PM'd me a couple of days ago saying it just involves adding the ROW sub to one's cart and switching to the RU store while checking out. It works on other games, too, reportedly, such as the Payday 2 four-pack.

That seems like something that is unfortunately not long for this world.

Zeliard

What are your thoughts on the game so far? Hurry up and finish so you can join the subtle circle jerk for the game in certain parts of gaf.

I've been telling stump and others in the mod irc chan to check out The Swapper for some time now. It was my 2013 GOTY. Caught me completely by surprise and I loved every aspect of it - the inventive puzzle design and unique swapping mechanic, the striking Claymation-style aesthetics and moody sound work, the intriguing premise and story, and along with Kentucky Route Zero it's one of the most thoughtful, meditative games I've ever played.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I've been telling stump and others in the mod irc chan to check out The Swapper for some time now. It was my 2013 GOTY. Caught me completely by surprise and I loved every aspect of it - the inventive puzzle design and unique swapping mechanic, the striking Claymation-style aesthetics and moody sound work, the intriguing premise and story, and along with Kentucky Route Zero it's one of the most thoughtful, meditative games I've ever played.

I got Stump to play the Alien Colonial Marines DLC last year!

Oh god.

Echoplx

Not sure what to make of this, hopefully people who have already bought it don't get screwed over.

Not sure what to make of this, hopefully people who have already bought it don't get screwed over.

Shouldn't need to worry, it's basically the same as the 4-pack glitch which have been around for a very long time.
Steam wouldn't screw a whole lot of Steam users because russians use a simple glitch, would probably require way too much work too since the sub is ROW.

wilflare

hmm I would get a pink 3DS XL for the girlfriend
but lol there's no... Kmart nearby

An-Det

You're doing good work. The Swapper was the first game I played this year and I found it to be fantastic. Everything about it was awesome, the puzzles, the atmosphere, the narrative. Loved it and more people should experience it.

Milamber

Where can I get a 3DS XL at 35 USD? I wanna swap out my boring grey one.

Also, do I have to install that Playfire Vulcan client to get in the beta?

dani_dc

Congrats! And better yet, I think all the letters in that are pronounced the same way regardless of what country you're from. :D

Maybe for english-speaking countries, not true if you include other countries!

I would totally rock a pink 3DS XL at $35. I saw it available for store pick up at my closest K-mart, but the Superbowl got in the way.

Damn, I would had ordered one to a friend house and paid for shipping to Europe just for the chance of finally playing SMT IV.

wilflare

Maybe for english-speaking countries, not true if you include other countries!

Damn, I would had ordered one to a friend house and paid for shipping to Europe just for the chance of finally playing SMT IV.

it's not an online deal i think.
and I believe SlickDeals would have caught on this by now... and that means...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What are your thoughts on the game so far? Hurry up and finish so you can join the subtle circle jerk for the game in certain parts of gaf.

Puzzles are great and encourage non-linear thinking, pretty much every puzzle feels fresh. I like how some rooms force you to use one or two fewer clones which keeps the puzzle design varied. The first space section was awesome for me, too, really original. And I liked that the achievements are actual achievements. So far I have 0 despite having 100-ish orbs.

It's very pretty and the audio is great too. I like the story so far. Unfortunately like Braid the puzzle rooms and story sections are completely disconnected, and the hub-spoke level layout is pretty obvious. Nothing really happens outside puzzle rooms, in other words.

Milamber

it's not an online deal i think.
and I believe SlickDeals would have caught on this by now... and that means...

If it ever goes up on Slickdeals then I'm out. A majority of the deals, that I like there, are for US only stores. ie Target, Walmart, etc.

def sim

I wish the steam controller would release soon. I've been avoiding quite a few games because of only having KB/M as an option.

Wow that deal was online? is it dead now?

Where can I get a 3DS XL at 35 USD? I wanna swap out my boring grey one.

Here.

I don't know if it's still going on.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Puzzles are great and encourage non-linear thinking, pretty much every puzzle feels fresh. I like how some rooms force you to use one or two fewer clones which keeps the puzzle design varied. The first space section was awesome for me, too, really original. And I liked that the achievements are actual achievements. So far I have 0 despite having 100-ish orbs.

It's very pretty and the audio is great too. I like the story so far. Unfortunately like Braid the puzzle rooms and story sections are completely disconnected, and the hub-spoke level layout is pretty obvious. Nothing really happens outside puzzle rooms, in other words.

I finished the game with 0 achievements :(

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It seems almost every kind of attack towards you can cause varying amounts of stunlock in Kingdoms of Amalur. Did playtesters not point out to the devs how not fun that is?

_hekk05

Banned
It seems almost every kind of attack towards you can cause varying amounts of stunlock in Kingdoms of Amalur. Did playtesters not point out to the devs how not fun that is?

Tell that to ragnarok online. Only swordies can learn endure to remove stunlock. Everyone else either has to stay the fuck back or rely on evasion. Swordies also have an aggro skill but some bosses can swap aggro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom