• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, er--With Games for Windows Live's PC marketplace down, is there anyway to get the Operation Flashpoint: Red River DLC missions? I can see the storefront and see my balance/X-box Live wallet funds that I have left over in game and can see the DLC there. But trying to buy it/download it is no-go since the Marketplace went down and it throws out an error on it.

graywolf323

Man, the SuperBowl really slows down this thread. I didn't think all you guys are into "sports".

the Super Bowl ended over 3 hours ago

honestly I was at a party mostly to hang out with friends until I came home after the second half started and it became obvious the game was over

then I played some on my PS3 until calling it a night and going to bed (I really should go to sleep...)

Been cleaning out some card games to make a bit of cash.

Beat Hazard - It's fun, but I always get killed by stuff I can't see.
eXceed 1 - I knew this game was crap 15 seconds into it.
eXceed 2 - Better, but now it's more like a poor man's Ikaruga.
eXceed 3 - By far the best in the series. It's pretty mundane as doujin efforts go but at least they went with something that works. Lots of pretty bullet patterns, tiny hitboxes, and big shiny medals to collect.
Dungeons of Dredmor - Pretty addicting but I'm done with it. Kinda lost all interest when I got three-shotted by the final boss though. It especially hurts when until then I was coasting through.
E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy - My most-played of the batch. Loads of lovable jank and fun co-op.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
The only game of American Football I care about is Mutant League, but since that's not coming to Steam any time soon due to a Kickstarter failure, I don't bring it up.

I will be gone during the various World Cups though.

robotrock

Banned
Retro actively locked it fucking a bunch of people up ( i went out of buisness ) then unlocked only for people that bought it pre lock

Oh, that's strange. Should I go and try and score a cheap copy of South Park right now then or is it too late or something?

_hekk05

Banned
I cannot say I have crossed paths with thee sir, so I don't know. Do you recognize the character in my avatar? If yes, then possibly! If not, I would say no.

Unfortunately I don't dabble much in old school LNs. Oldest I've read is probably hantsuki. Might you be on
baka-tsuki
by any chance? PM me the series name and I might check it out when I have the time.

Edit: Oh crap its tenchi. That's from way before my time lol. I'm so young

Double edit: I find it amusing Milamber is talking about incestuous works

Milamber

I cannot say I have crossed paths with thee sir, so I don't know. Do you recognize the character in my avatar? If yes, then possibly! If not, I would say no.

Holy shit, I just noticed your avatar relation. You're doing god's work tackling that legacy. Please let me read some of your translated Tenchi work. I wanna see how far that incestuous Juraiyan family line goes.

EDIT: The few family picture books Masaki Kajishima lets out once in a while, does not sate this thirst.

Double edit: I find it amusing Milamber is talking about incestuous works
It get's really convoluted past the current TV series. Have you seen the family tree!?

EDIT: This is not updated because of the lack of translations. Hopefully, CheesecakeRecipe can help make that tree grow.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Unfortunately I don't dabble much in old school LNs. Oldest I've read is probably hantsuki. Might you be on
baka-tsuki
by any chance? PM me the series name and I might check it out when I have the time.

I'm not on there but one of the other guys I'm working with is.

Holy shit, I just noticed your avatar relation. You're doing god's work tackling that legacy. Please let me read some of your translated Tenchi work. I wanna see how far that incestuous Juraiyan family line goes.

EDIT: The few family picture books he lets out once in a while, does not sate this thirst.

We're just getting started at the moment, tackling Naoko Hasegawa's 13 novels since summaries exist for Kajishima's original 3 novels. Unfortunately the team consists of 3 people who are not proficient and using machine translations more than we probably should. Feel free to check out our Twitter for news on progress and funny machine translation errors.

By the way, did you see Kajishima's latest doujin showing off the new children? How insane is that?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Yep, Tenchi, Ryoko and Ayeka's kids also go for the Juraiyan polygamous relationships too.

Have to say I'm not the biggest fan of the whole polygamy angle he took the OVA in but seeing a pregnant Ryoko was like... what. Our group did the translation for that Doujin! New Tenchi anime in the works and some more GXP novels for the people who cared about those.

Uraizen

Banned
Have to say I'm not the biggest fan of the whole polygamy angle he took the OVA in but seeing a pregnant Ryoko was like... what. Our group did the translation for that Doujin! New Tenchi anime in the works and some more GXP novels for the people who cared about those.

They did what now? Err, nvm, I'll shut up.

---

Three days until double dragon! I was excited until I saw the devs porting it had netcode complaints for their last game on the steam forums.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, er--With Games for Windows Live's PC marketplace down, is there anyway to get the Operation Flashpoint: Red River DLC missions? I can see the storefront and see my balance/X-box Live wallet funds that I have left over in game and can see the DLC there. But trying to buy it/download it is no-go since the Marketplace went down and it throws out an error on it.

Nope. As a result of the closure DLC can no longer be purchased, but existing purchases can be redownloaded.

ss_lemonade

Is there a way to download steam data files other than through the client? I currently don't have internet because I just moved to a new apartment so I was thinking of maybe using my phone to download stuff and transfer them over to my pc for the meantime, if that was possible.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
They did what now? Err, nvm, I'll shut up.

lol

Is there a way to download steam data files other than through the client? I currently don't have internet because I just moved to a new apartment so I was thinking of maybe using my phone to download stuff and transfer them over to my pc for the meantime, if that was possible.

Unfortunately not, unless you tethered your phone to your computer for wifi which could be extremely expensive.

Could have someone mail you max payne 3 on a USB stick or somethin

Why don't you create tethering or portable hotspot from phone ?

--edit someone already suggested that :(

Knurek

Since I won Enslaved twice (first from dinosaur paint-a-thon, then from a standard Modbot givaaway), I will be giving away key to it for the person who posts the best paint/photoshop/gif/whatever of Dragon Ball on Steam.

You have about 10 hours, go wild.

Gvaz

Banned

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

GOD DAMNIT MIHOSHI WHY ARE YOU SUCH A FAILURE

*blubbers and cries*

I want thems. give them to me when you're finished

Card Boy

Banned
Anyone got a solution to my Far Cry 2 crashes? It just quits to desktop without warning. It was crashing even without mods. It does this on menus and in game aswell.

I got SweetFX, Dylan's Far Cry 2 Realism Mod and skip intro movies launch option, again as mentioned it was crashing without all that installed.

I got everything maxed out and the game runs at like 120 FPS and is smooth as butter. I have a 5870.

Apparently it might be a windowed mode/full screen issue? edit: or a Direct X10 issue?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Why are there so many reviews that talk negatively about a game and yet use a Thumbs Up?

I know ancient Rome used "Thumbs Up" to signal a request for a Fatality Move when ancient gladiators like Sub Zero fought, but this isn't ancient Rome... except Total War games.

Why are there so many reviews that talk negatively about a game and yet use a Thumbs Up?

I know ancient Rome used "Thumbs Up" to signal a request for a Fatality Move when ancient gladiators like Sub Zero fought, but this isn't ancient Rome... except Total War games.

If you wrote a review before thumbs up or down were added your review is defaulted to thumbs up.

ss_lemonade

lol

Unfortunately not, unless you tethered your phone to your computer for wifi which could be extremely expensive.

Could have someone mail you max payne 3 on a USB stick or somethin
USB tethering isn't an option because of bandwidth limits :(. Guess I'll just try to download from somewhere else then move the files to an external hdd

milena87

Good morning! Little giveaway to start the week

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sleeping Dogs -- MB-98BEB434703DEFFB - Taken by Newblade. 19 entrants total.
Inversion -- MB-72C3865EF95791F3 - Taken by fozzy. 10 entrants total.
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West -- MB-BF2E870F481B6C73 - Taken by Seagoon. 32 entrants total.

t1391426371z1.png

Sajjaja

Good morning! Little giveaway to start the week

Sleepy dawgs on my new puter would be awesome! Thanks for the giveaway.

EDIT: Also, does anyone have a link to the thread for pairing a PS3 controller via xpadder/Xinput (not Motioninjoy)?
EDIT2: NVM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom