• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

but you see, that's where your are wrong, World War Z is not World WarZ, while DayZ is the same word, so unless you pronounce DooM, di oo em, instead of doom, there is no reason to call dayz - daisy and no way daisy sounds anything like zombies anyway. It's ok to call it Day Zombies though.

I'm just gonna listen to my JayZed songs now. This is getting ridiculous.

capturet6awv.png

Seems legit

Lmao, Reddit fooled me again

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You know that, I know that, but if DayZ can so easily be perceived to be pronounced 'days' (and the capitalisation of the 'z' ignored), then any wacky thing is possible with English... which was my poorly-made point. ;)

Slow thread. :)

On a separate note, Max Payne 1 still looks surprisingly good - but golly, it's a bit old-school difficult. Much quick save mashing required.

Max Payne 2 even has a dash of physics and a very primitive form of motion blur!

NIN90

How is Doge pronounced anyway? Like doggy or as in dojo without the second "O"? I like to think it's the latter.

Arthea

As people are complaining that the thread is slow, let's liven things a little.

here is my game count
ibiqmConJnEc8W.png

you know where this is going, don't you? (><)

suggest me an appropriate game for 666. The name only won't do, you have to sell me on it, not to mention that a game has to be relatively cheap, we are in steam thread after all and not be present in my library. Let's look at it as most devilish games on steam discussion.

the winner gets an evil game HOARD for steam of course. And we have, let's say 6 hours for it.

Eanan

here is my game count
ibiqmConJnEc8W.png

suggest me an appropriate game for 666. The name only won't do, you have to sell me on it, not to mention that a game has to be relatively cheap, we are in steam thread after all and not be present in my library. Let's look at it as most devilish games on steam discussion.

the winner gets an evil game HOARD for steam of course. And we have, let's say 6 hours for it.
bad rats

shira

here is my game count
ibiqmConJnEc8W.png

completion rate?

JaseC

here is my game count
ibiqmConJnEc8W.png

666, hey? I nominated Ultimate Doom. I can get you a copy for $3.50.

Edit: As for selling its appropriateness, well, it's Doom. Literally all you do is mow down hell-spawned demons. Oh, and search for the occasional key.

JaseC

as ridiculous as it sounds, you have to sell me on it!
I probably shouldn't consider games I've played many times over lol

I ninja-edited that in, haha. I'm actually surprised you don't own the games already.

Arthea

I ninja-edited that in, haha. I'm actually surprised you don't own the games already.

so we have first contender!:
Ultimate DooM

plot thickens

I haven't considered buying DooM games yet, as I played them a lot, before steam, that is.

here is my game count
ibiqmConJnEc8W.png

Unholy Heights. You're the demon landlord and you manage a hotel for creatures, in exchange the monsters guard you treasure from the human invaders.

Dr Dogg

$20 isn't exactly cheap.

But Deus Ex with Vampires!

I can remember when it finally got a discount during the winter sale and half of GAF went mad. Then 2 or 3 weeks later it went on a daily for and even bigger discount hehehehe. Like buses...

as ridiculous as it sounds, you have to sell me on it!
I probably shouldn't consider games I've played many times over lol

Play Brutal Doom if you haven't already. It's a mod for Doom 1 and 2 that makes it more violent, more frantic and a lot more enjoyable. It's the best FPS I played last year.

Anteater

I can remember when it finally got a discount during the winter sale and half of GAF went mad. Then 2 or 3 weeks later it went on a daily for and even bigger discount hehehehe. Like buses...

I bought it for like 16bucks I think, I remember the general consensus during the time was that the price will never be lower in our lifetime because of activision.

I still haven't played it >_>

JaseC

That was great. This thread was made as the Summer Sale began as it was the first time the game had been discounted at all and just two weeks after Steam returned to regular programming it was 75% off, haha.

Dr Dogg

I bought it for like 16bucks I think, I remember the general consensus during the time was that the price will never be lower in our lifetime because of activision.

I still haven't played it >_>

I've put in about 5 hours but got stuck in that stupid haunted house due to poor planing. I'll return someday when the backlog is a bit less imposing. At least my Steam backlog isn't a physical manifestation like my console tower of shame that stares me down.

That was great. This thread was made as the Summer Sale began as it was the first time the game had been discounted at all and just two weeks after Steam returned to regular programming it was 75% off, haha.

Oh that must have hurt. That must have been when I picked it up hahahaha.

Arthea

Unholy Heights. You're the demon landlord and you manage a hotel for creatures, in exchange the monsters guard you treasure from the human invaders.

a game from my wishlist! sneaky!

2 contenders:
Ultimate DooM
Unholy Heights

another strong contender appears

Vampire: The Masquerade &#8211; Bloodlines of course.

where is selling me on it part? ;)
and let's be frank, it's not cheap enough for a game I already own retail copy of. It's a pity it doesn't redeem on steam though

Play Brutal Doom if you haven't already. It's a mod for Doom 1 and 2 that makes it more violent, more frantic and a lot more enjoyable. It's the best FPS I played last year.

I might try it, thanks. Never played moded Doom actually.

Milamber

where is selling me on it part? ;)
and let's be frank, it's not cheap enough for a game I already own retail copy of. It's a pity it doesn't redeem on steam though

Ever wanted to feel like a goth? Ever wanted to feel like your decisions actually mattered? Ever wanted to feel in control of your whore of a juicebox as you complete depraved missions in a city completely oblivious to a vampire, even if it hit them in the face?

Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines

chQDtuf.gif

EDIT: Get it next sale then.

JaseC

it had been on sale before it had just been a few years, it just hadn't been on sale since what Halloween of 2008? IIRC

Steam Sales' data only goes as far as back as late 2010 so it's hard to be sure. I myself also bit during the 2011 Summer Sale.

graywolf323

Steam Sales' data only goes as far as back as late 2010 so it's hard to be sure. I myself also bit during the 2011 Summer Sale.

I know it was on sale because I didn't buy it since I didn't have a PC that could play it at the time and it promptly didn't go on sale again for years, pretty sure it was Halloween 2008 since I got my first real gaming PC in the spring of 2009

JaseC

I know it was on sale because I didn't buy it since I didn't have a PC that could play it at the time and it promptly didn't go on sale again for years, pretty sure it was Halloween 2008 since I got my first real gaming PC in the spring of 2009

Check your account history.

Edit: Oh, "didn't buy it. Derp.

Arthea

Ever wanted to feel like a goth? Ever wanted to feel like your decisions actually mattered? Ever wanted to feel in control of your whore of a juicebox as you complete depraved missions in a city completely oblivious to a vampire, even if it hit them in the face?

Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines

chQDtuf.gif

EDIT: Get it next sale then.

lol, good work!

OK, next sale, I'll get it
*adds to wishlist*

you win consolation prize at once
as you don't have a single Total War game! How that is even possible?

Milamber

you win consolation prize at once
as you don't have a single Total War game! How that is even possible?

I never got it due to the High system requirements at the time. Then after each new release I kinda passed over it. I kinda regret never trying them out.

EDIT: Oh hey! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom