• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

As people are complaining that the thread is slow, let's liven things a little.

here is my game count
ibiqmConJnEc8W.png

you know where this is going, don't you? (><)

suggest me an appropriate game for 666. The name only won't do, you have to sell me on it, not to mention that a game has to be relatively cheap, we are in steam thread after all and not be present in my library. Let's look at it as most devilish games on steam discussion.

the winner gets an evil game HOARD for steam of course. And we have, let's say 6 hours for it.

I don't want the game but you really need to make Lucius your 666th game

It's all for you Damien!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Milamber

Both Anno 1404 and soon-to-be-mine-Banished fill a very large genre type of game that I hugely enjoy that Civilization somehow does not fulfill.

EDIT: Who doesn't enjoy controlling a person or a group of people, subject to your every whim as you manipulate them to do the deeds that must be done. Civilization takes a far too zoomed out perspective that kinda leaves me wanting.

milena87

it had been on sale before it had just been a few years, it just hadn't been on sale since what Halloween of 2008? IIRC

Vampire Bloodlines was on sale at Amazon.com during the 2013 Autumn Sale. That's when I bought it for 5$ (I had the original physical copy, but I had to have it on Steam obviously).

edit: so yeah, if someone still doesn't have the game, get it as soon as it is on sale again :p

JaseC

Did I miss some Anno 1404 recent news fellow GAFFer? I must know.

This just in: no. :(

Vampire Bloodlines was on sale at Amazon.com during the 2013 Autumn Sale. That's when I bought it for 5$ (I had the original physical copy, but I had to have it on Steam obviously).

We were discussing the game having been on sale before the Summer Sale of 2011.

Ban Puncher

Since I won Enslaved twice (first from dinosaur paint-a-thon, then from a standard Modbot givaaway), I will be giving away key to it for the person who posts the best paint/photoshop/gif/whatever of Dragon Ball on Steam.

You have about 10 hours, go wild.

tGqnRuF.png

I hope Banished turns out well, what was that rather horrid castle building game released last year that managed to be even worse than Stronghold 3? Seem to be hearing nothing but good things at least.

JaseC

I bet, when EA returns to Steam with Origin integrated into at least its more recent titles, the associated press release will have the headline of "Origin. Now on Steam."

classypenguin is banned :(

a huge blow to the saoirse army

That's twice in as many months. Classy you silly saoirse sally. :(

Was there seriously 3 pages on how to pronounce DayZ?
its DayZee, stop
I know the Super Bowl was criminally awful, but still..

5 hours in...and Far Cry 3 is a really good looking game. I've always wanted to hunt sharks with a shotgun.

Arthea

Both Anno 1404 and soon-to-be-mine-Banished fill a very large genre type of game that I hugely enjoy that Civilization somehow does not fulfill.

EDIT: Who doesn't enjoy controlling a person or a group of people, subject to your every whim as you manipulate them to do the deeds that must be done. Civilization takes a far too zoomed out perspective that kinda leaves me wanting.

ya, but how one resists playing Civ anyway?
I want both Anno and Banished too actually, who doesn't?

Go play Crusader Kings II.

ya, but how one resists playing Civ anyway?
I want both Anno and Banished too actually, who doesn't?

The only way to overcome the will to play Civ is not installing it.

Tenrius

I had to get my friend to change my password and email address on my Steam account during exam season so that I wouldn't start playing during breaks.

Eh, I think that it's as important to engage in various entertaining activities during your exam season as it is to study (you're supposed to know pretty much everything already, anyway, if you studied well enough during the semester).

I saw the youtube videos and it scared me.

Nah its easy, evebody wants you killed and you want they dead to take their lands and titles. Once you get the basic mechanics its rewarding to play.

I've played CK2 for about 15 hours and still have no idea what in the hell i'm doing. Fun as hell though

Well that doesn't seem so bad...

*keeps reading*

...oh shit. That escalated quickly.

I have 80 hours and I only understand the basics.

Eh, I think that it's as important to engage in various entertaining activities during your exam season as it is to study (you're supposed to know pretty much everything already, anyway, if you studied well enough during the semester).

I agree but Civ isn't the best game to play on breaks as it's horribly addictive. I broke up my time with various TV shows instead as it meant that my breaks would always be about 25 minutes long.

Milamber

Not if the History Exam ask's about Henry the Fifth's reign and he goes on a long tirade on how his Elizabeth employed various Serf's in pleasures of debauchery to secretly sleep with his concubines and destroy his credibility by secretly gossiping to his subjects on his adverse sexual orientations.

EDIT: All the while, Henry the Fifth, secretly tumbles with his Aunt every few fortnites, while plotting to take Elizabeth's throne by way of spreading declarations via Missionaries that Elizabeth has a puffy vagina.

EDIT 2: I should stop...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
How is Doge pronounced anyway? Like doggy or as in dojo without the second "O"? I like to think it's the latter.
Wasn't there a thread about this a while ago? I don't think a consensus was reached.

Deus Ex is in gog library, sorry!
But I'll add it to the list if you try to sell me on it, I totally will!
Man, it's Deus fucking Ex. I think it sells itself.

But I'll indulge: it's probably the best game I've played last year, and quickly became one of my favorites of all time. Interesting plot, great gameplay mechanics, amazing music and nice art style all make for an incredible experience.

Anteater

Since I won Enslaved twice (first from dinosaur paint-a-thon, then from a standard Modbot givaaway), I will be giving away key to it for the person who posts the best paint/photoshop/gif/whatever of Dragon Ball on Steam.

You have about 10 hours, go wild.

didn't see this til now =o

here's my entry!

gabecopy72dhb.jpg

Arthea

I just checked, apparently I've played CK2 for 2 hours, damn you Civ!

Man, it's Deus fucking Ex. I think it sells itself.

But I'll indulge: it's probably the best game I've played last year, and quickly became one of my favorites of all time. Interesting plot, great gameplay mechanics, amazing music and nice art style all make for an incredible experience.

no worries, I already have it and played it, not on steam though.
You had to sell it to me as the most devilish and evil game, being 666 in my steam library, if I'd go for it. Wanna try that? :)

Jawmuncher

I gotta say I far more enjoy the MSpaint giveaways than the modbot shuffle.
Guess it just depends on what you are offering. Since obviously something like humble bundle spares might not be worth the effort.

The_Monk

Guess it just depends on what you are offering. Since obviously something like humble bundle spares might not be worth the effort.

I agree, it was fun watching all those entries, however Dino Crisis is still not on Steam and that contest only gave me more hype. I have such terrifying nostalgia for that game. It was truly scary for me the first time I played even if I know there are more scarier games. I blame those sounds/soundtracks that increased the tension.

I agree, it was fun watching all those entries, however Dino Crisis is still not on Steam and that contest only gave me more hype. I have such terrifying nostalgia for that game. It was truly scary for me the first time I played even if I know there are more scarier games. I blame those sounds/soundtracks that increased the tension.

guabjjN.gif

Arthea

me too, they are funny, but it would be disaster if all giveaways were like that, as well we could rename our thread - MS paint - Definitive Edition.

The only real 'issue' I see is that can quickly clutter up the thread. Probably should have entries PM'd to be entered, and then post the top 3 or something after the time is expired.

Dolor

I bet, when EA returns to Steam with Origin integrated into at least its more recent titles, the associated press release will have the headline of "Origin. Now on Steam."

I think I would be ok with this as long as they actually integrate some of the Steam features.

The only way to overcome the will to play Civ is not installing it.

I think I am weird that Civ V never grabbed me like the others did (II-IV). I think I liked stacks of doom more than hexes. It was always weird to me when one tank was the size of a city.

Milamber

You could teach/submit the pics to modbot, which will post them all in one thumbnailed post after a certain time and everyone gets to see it and vote for best.

Arthea

I think I am weird that Civ V never grabbed me like the others did (II-IV). I think I liked stacks of doom more than hexes. It was always weird to me when one tank was the size of a city.

It depends what you mean by like others. I played Civ 2 for several years and once 36 hours non stop, not even counting how many all night long, I never before or after was so addicted to the game, I still have hard time stopping playing Civ 5 if I start, not on the level of Civ 2, thanks Odin for that.

Volimar

Weirder than George Washington with an empire in asia and building the sydney opera house in New York?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom