• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
what was the verdict on human revolution director's cut for people who own the original?

heard some shit about how the graphics were downgraded or something and new glitches were introduced

The original is in a better state as the DC was cobbled together using an old build and Squeenix has yet to patch it up to snuff. If you have both I'd say the latter is only worthwhile if you intend to listen to the developer commentary.

rtcn63

Eldritch is kinda growing on me. Finally got into the second world (Dagon), and got murdered by a weeping angel-lizard mofo.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Games that force layered, poorly implemented DRM clients such as Uplay reduce the value of a game considerably.

I like to avoid Uplay as much as possible.

There are practical problems with using other DRMs, beyond just not liking them, too. For example, uPlay games cannot be shared via family sharing and may have problems with the current streaming beta.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
There are practical problems with using other DRMs, beyond just not liking them, too. For example, uPlay games cannot be shared via family sharing and may have problems with the current streaming beta.

Not only that, but additional DRM means an additional layer of possible region restrictions. GFWL is/was notorious for that.

There have also been a multitude of people who have technical issues with other clients such as Uplay not launching properly, etc.

Been resisting on Kingdoms of Amalur all weekend. Mostly due to the over priced DLC, but also because it bothers me that the game is called Amalur instead of Amular.

Can I make it another 5 minutes?

Kaleinc

Banned

Updating also becomes some sort of a challenge (unlocked by 0.1%)

Turfster

Daily Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum 75% off
Weeklong
  • Sword of the Stars The Pit Gold 25% off
  • 10,000,000 80% off
  • Reflex MX vs ATV 75% off
  • Mutant Mudds 50% off
  • Rescue Everyday Heroes 33% off
  • Age of Conan Crush Your Enemies Pack 50% off

Erudite

Got into the streaming beta and really impressed with what I can do with my ultrabook hooked up to my theater setup now.

I'm installing BNW as we speak. Oh Odin, have mercy on my soul.

Well, it's been nice knowing you.

Yea, I got accepted in the stream beta as well. Still foggy on how this works.

Basically you can sign in on multiple machines (i.e. desktop, laptop, HTPC) and stream games from one machine to the other. You are basically running the game on where it's installed, just using your internet connection to run it on the other. I've found it depends heavily on your connection (wired vs. wireless), but runs pretty well most of the time.

Welcome to the future.

spode

edit: Here's the notes
Holy fuck slouken works att Valve now?! I always wondered where he went. He used to be _the guy_ when it came to UI-stuff in WoW at Blizzard and was very active on their forums. Now that I think of it, it was several years ago. Cool to see him at Valve :)

The original is in a better state as the DC was cobbled together using an old build and Squeenix has yet to patch it up to snuff. If you have both I'd say the latter is only worthwhile if you intend to listen to the developer commentary.

what a shame

Daily Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum 75% off
Weeklong
  • Sword of the Stars The Pit Gold 25% off
  • 10,000,000 80% off
  • Reflex MX vs ATV 75% off
  • Mutant Mudds 50% off
  • Rescue Everyday Heroes 33% off
  • Age of Conan Crush Your Enemies Pack 50% off

I'm pretty sure 'Rescue Everyday Heroes' was a Weekly last week as well. Something is off with their pricing....the 'Weeklong Deal' is set to expire in 2 days.

Grief.exe

We've been following the Sudeki app on the registry for quite some time now. Development stopped a few months ago on it, so we thought it was dead.

I added one of the PR managers of Climax Studios on Twitter and got a reply back from a DM.

iOntMPQpVMISA.png

Tizoc

So a few things about the MS Pre-order:
1- Will there be a 2-pack?
2- Please tell me I can revert the character select screen to the original design?
ss_95d3db45bc5b3ae410bd82ed53ca60c0a715a5c4.1920x1080.jpg

DSmalls84

Anyone selling ROW South Park keys at a discount? Game looks great but I haven't actually spent retail msrp on a pc game in a long time. There has to be a deal floating around somewhere.

zkylon

zkylewd
was sleeping heh

yep, it's still worth going through for the ending unless you just hate playing it, plus the game is short

I wouldn't say it's absolutely terrible from here on, but there are also nothing interesting :p You mostly go through locations but there aren't much to them.
cool, I'm like 13 hours in already so it's moving fast

Ending boss of xenosaga 2 isn't really even a boss. You literally cannot lose. If you die,
albedo just rezes you anyways until you kill him.

There is an actual boss just before him.

Also I don't like having rare/exclusive items on enemies/bosses that you have to steal. It's dumb.

I like the skills system of 3 though. There is a level up system for attacks, especially mech attacks, but there is not nearly enough enemies in order to level them up past like...5 for some of them unless you grind some areas for hours upon hours (and the best site is a mostly empty large area) Ironically they reach level 25 though. I cheated them to 25 and there was pretty much no damage increase whatsoever. (though I might have fucked up and just changed the displayed level no the actual level, which is possible)

Also you can go up to 99 but there is literally no reason to go that high and you'll never reach it. I put on x2 xp and got to level 68. Bosses are not a challenge, at all. I have the guide but never really had to use it for the bosses except for cursory glances.
well this happened in xeno 1 too. in general jrpgs that do this are dumb dumb dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom