• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadin

It's the very best TD game out on the market bar none.
Yeah I seem to keep seeing this. And at $1.49, I can hardly pass on it myself. Not the biggest TD fan but I've liked some of them. Hopefully this will be another.

kulapik

I bought it when it was at 66% but never activated it, finally gave it away. I might buy it this time.
nope

Defender's Quest clocks around 19 hours according to my Steam profile. Fun little TD game. You can speed up or slow down time to place units down.

kulapik

image.php

StAidan

I decided to pick up Defender's Quest. The last TD I played was Defense Grid in 2011, so I'm probably due for another.

Backlogger

If someone wants my GMG Titanfall coupon send me a PM. It expires on the 31st I think and I'm not going to buy it before the 31st.

Exuro

Having a hard time getting into tomb raider. Feels like half of the time has been me pressing left and right repeatedly followed by e and f.

brentech

There's not a lot going on in it in terms of content, but DayZ really sucks me in. Rust is pretty good too. Basically the opposite problem of DayZ. Has content in it, but lacks the realness and beatification of the world.

fantomena

Just completed Deadpool. Holy damn those were easy achievements. Even the one with 0,8% global rating was kind of easy, Played 6 hours.

Seems like not many have played/bought Deadpool. It's maybe easier than the Arkham Asylum achievements.

I'm not sure I want to buy Titanfall at launch. I thought they were going to tell a story with the multiplayer only stuff, but from what I've been seeing, that's not really the case. I'll probably get bored of it real quick, maybe it's best if I hold off on it.

Titan fall will be cheap soon enough, coupon or not, I have a feeling it will not do as well as they expect, no single player campaign might be an issue.

If I liked MGR, Ninja Gaiden, and DMC3/4 will I like DMC? Or will I feel disappointed?

Yes.

To me, the combat felt more like a musou than a character action game. Don't get me wrong, the combat isn't as bad as one would think, since Capcom supervised it... but it's a far cry from what made DMC3/DMC4/MGR/NG so great.

Just finished Devil May Cry, really enjoyed it! I don't get why people hate on it so much?

It's not a bad game, per se.
It's because it doesn't live up to the rest of the franchise, especially on consoles where it's locked at 30fps.
If they had made Heavenly Sword 2 (which in some ways, DmC is. [NOTE: DmC, not DMC not Devil May Cry, etc.]), it would've been better received overall.

Huh, Steam just downloaded Portal 2 workshop content even though I didn't add anything lately, nor do I even have the game installed. Weird.

PriitV

Just completed Deadpool. Holy damn those were easy achievements. Even the one with 0,8% global rating was kind of easy, Played 6 hours.

Seems like not many have played/bought Deadpool. It's maybe easier than the Arkham Asylum achievements.

I have it installed... have not played it yet, is it actually worth the time?

Bad news: unless there's some work around I don't know about, there's no way to give away those Titan Fall coupons. They are account specific.

Parsnip

Quick question about GameSave Manager you guys. What's your cloud service of choice for backing up your saves? Dropbox seems ever popular, are there limitations on the other choices, or is it more about just personal preference?

Deques

How much is Resident Evil 4 in GameFly for you US gaffers? with the 25% coupon

Quick question about GameSave Manager you guys. What's your cloud service of choice for backing up your saves? Dropbox seems ever popular, are there limitations on the other choices, or is it more about just personal preference?

I use Dropbox. Haven't seen any limitations except for the storage. I have a daily backup that is around 600-700mb big. I only have four sets of backup

I use google drive, because it's google. :p

How much is Resident Evil 4 in GameFly for you US gaffers? with the 25% coupon

I use Dropbox. Haven't seen any limitations except for the storage. I have a daily backup that is around 600-700mb big. I only have four sets of backup

Well, it retails for $19.99, so it should be $14.99 with coupon for 25% off?
Edit: $14.99 it is. Sold.

Exuro

Gah Valve hasn't fixed the family sharing bug where access is lost and you can only purchase shared games(unless you unactivate and reactivate, but I live a good 200 miles away from my brother)

Played around with the home streaming beta. It's pretty demanding on your network. I wouldn't even consider it playable unless you're using a decent wired switch connecting the two machines, or maybe a hardcore 5Ghz wi-fi router. Technical issues aside, though, it's a really incredible concept.

Any word on Fallout 3's GFWL getting removed?

graywolf323

personal preference, I actually used Skydrive for GameSave Manager because I have a ton of space on it and I use Dropbox for most everything else

Grrr... The Typing of the Dead Overkill DLC is on sale @ Get Games (50% off) but both put together is less than the $3.74 they require for paypal payment to be an option.

DAMMIT.

Borderlands 2 GOTY on Get Games for $15, but says Mac version. I wonder if it redeem on steam, and if that means it will be cross-platform anyway.

Dr Dogg

Dropbox because through various means and tapping up friends over the years I've got 35gb of storage. That and it just works with everything I use since the begining of time. Only slight gripe I have is not being able to have multiple accounts logged in at the same time. Google Drive is alright and works great in combo with their other services like Gmail and Docs.

Hey steamgaf, quick question before I do anything stupid:

Got a key from humble bundle for a game that I already own. Since I initially wanted to gift it through steam, I tried to register it, only to get the message that the game was already activated on my account: that mean the key is still valid and that I can give it away here, right?

Hey steamgaf, quick question before I do anything stupid:

Got a key from humble bundle for a game that I already own. Since I initially wanted to gift it through steam, I tried to register it, only to get the message that the game was already activated on my account: that mean the key is still valid and that I can give it away here, right?

Yes. As long as it's a key, you should be able to.

Parsnip

Alrighty, I think I'm going to go with dropbox for now and see if the space they offer is enough. 2gigs to start doesn't seem a whole lot, but maybe it's enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom