• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonno394

Just bought a code off eBay for shattered horizon thinking it would have a single player mode (my own fault for not looking in to it in depth). Is the multi player mode still active?

eyeless

ugh i am already like pre-depressed that this post is going to get ignored and i will never solve my problem and i'm fucked forever but i'll ask anyway

anyone have any ideas why forcing graphics settings with both nvidia control panel and inspector do not work for me? recently i've tried aa on burnout and thief deadly shadows and now trying to force ao for witcher and it just does fucking nothing. whhyyyy pls help it's killing me inside

Dr Dogg

ugh i am already like pre-depressed that this post is going to get ignored and i will never solve my problem and i'm fucked forever but i'll ask anyway

anyone have any ideas why forcing graphics settings with both nvidia control panel and inspector do not work for me? recently i've tried aa on burnout and thief deadly shadows and now trying to force ao for witcher and it just does fucking nothing. whhyyyy pls help it's killing me inside

With Inspector you'll need the right hooks to get it working. Thankfully someone has done the hard work on T: DS.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...inally-working-for-thief-ds-33-after-8-years/

Mostly profiles are kept up to date but sometimes it's worth having a quick search to see if there are better solutions or if someone has made a custom profile for an unsupported title.

I would love to know the solution to this too. I bought a Nvidia card because I was tired of AMD's crappy drivers. Now I'm in the same boat lol

Tizoc

Shoul I enable 'Bloom' effect if the option is available?
As I understand it, I should always disable 'Blurr Effect' as well correct?

Tizoc

Bloom is one of the banes of our generation

So...disable it then? Why what are the main issues of using Bloom?

For that matter...how do I get EA to give me the Mass Effect DLC again if I got the game(s) on Steam? I need to log into my Origin account to find my Dragon Age DLC that I got for free long time back...

oipic

That thread is truly a graveyard. I feel like that TR impression thread is about to end up like that too.

No good was going to come from that discussion, whatever the intentions of the OP... although I did learn that the definitive Tomb Raider has swaying trees (TreesFX?), so there's that. We lost fantomena, too, it seems.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to clear Batman:AC from my backlog before tackling some newer stuff, but the open world-ness has me a little overwhelmed for now - phones ringing here, there, everywhere, hoops to jump through, containers to destroy spread far and wide... so many distractions from the main story missions. Good times, though.

I'm starting to think, as someone with some OCD-ish gaming tendencies, that linear might actually be a good thing at times... Black Flag may eventually be the end of me, if Jase's play-through is any guide.

kulapik

Ok, just checked the gravethread, although I could call it: Not Reading the OP, not even the full title: the thread.

We'll miss fantomena and his HL3 jokes :(
not really

Caayn

Can a console peasant who sometimes enjoys a vacation with the PC get invited to the steamgroup? I'll bring cookies.

eyeless

With Inspector you'll need the right hooks to get it working. Thankfully someone has done the hard work on T: DS.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...inally-working-for-thief-ds-33-after-8-years/

Mostly profiles are kept up to date but sometimes it's worth having a quick search to see if there are better solutions or if someone has made a custom profile for an unsupported title.
is it that i need a specific profile for each one? i'm pretty sure control panel and inspector just don't work for me at all for anything. for witcher i did what it says in this guide http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=153985930#97942 and the ao didn't work, nor has any forced aa worked for me before.

Dr Dogg

Can a console peasant who sometimes enjoys a vacation with the PC get invited to the steamgroup? I'll bring cookies.

Is this you?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008245087

is it that i need a specific profile for each one? i'm pretty sure control panel and inspector just don't work for me at all for anything. for witcher i did what it says in this guide http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=153985930#97942 and the ao didn't work, nor has any forced aa worked for me before.

Here's a really good guide to get started with Inspector.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=357956

It will explain things to you better than I ever can.

FloatOn

No good was going to come from that discussion, whatever the intentions of the OP... although I did learn that the definitive Tomb Raider has swaying trees (TreesFX?), so there's that. We lost fantomena, too, it seems.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to clear Batman:AC from my backlog before tackling some newer stuff, but the open world-ness has me a little overwhelmed for now - phones ringing here, there, everywhere, hoops to jump through, containers to destroy spread far and wide... so many distractions from the main story missions. Good times, though.

I'm starting to think, as someone with some OCD-ish gaming tendencies, that linear might actually be a good thing at times... Black Flag may eventually be the end of me, if Jase's play-through is any guide.

Batman AC is nearly as good as AA but I think in the end the open world hurt it more than helped it. It just felt like there was no good reason for so many batman villains to be in that particular story.

I do hope you enjoy it though. I'm probably going to do a replay of AA before I buy Origins (who knows when that will be?)

I'm truly curious about how a non-rocksteady Arkham game is to me.

yuraya

The weekly roguelike humble sale is really good deal. 5 of the 6 games have trading cards :) and Isaac is really addictive. Would have been icing on the cake if they threw in Rogue Legacy as well

AC has incredible amount of content in it. I am almost 17 hours into it now and my progress is around 20% according to the stats. Fun game.

MRORANGE

Probably not the best place to talk about other thread bans in this thread.

If you want to raise any complaints or query about a ban, best talk to a mod.

FloatOn

oh and by the way, a friend convinced me to play diablo 3 this afternoon. I was surprised to find out that blizzard now has it's own client. *cue the street fighter "a new challenger appears music*

Dr Dogg

Damn you people are fast. Thanks!

If your signed in on your browser (which I always am because I abhor the client and Enhanced Steam got me used to using the browser) it's a simple click on the profile drop down and invite to group. Takes about 3-5 seconds if someone posts their profile.

Caayn

Now you owe him some cookies. Maybe give him some stroopwafels.
MMmmmm stroopwafels....... Nope, those are to good to give away. If he knocks on my door during the next steamsale I'd be happy to by something for him, as thank you.

Tehalemi

3CSOPIV.gif

We'll probably be at thread 33 by the time Steam Machines start rolling out. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom