• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

I run most games with windowed borderless, so using multiple applications with a game is already an easy thing. Steam music is cool for the OS and BPM, though!

Backlogger

Weeklongs, updated
  • Meridian 4 Adventure pack 75% off (NIkopol, Post Mortem, Scratches, Still Life, Still Life 2, Syberia, Syberia II)

Is this worth picking up for $10? I'm somewhat familiar with Syberia in that I have seen it on sale before and thought it looked interesting, but not familiar with these games beyond that.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Is this worth picking up for $10? I'm somewhat familiar with Syberia in that I have seen it on sale before and thought it looked interesting, but not familiar with these games beyond that.

Syberia 1, 2 and Scratches are all rather excellent in my opinion. I hear Still Life is "ok". Dunno about the rest.

Nabs

Oh hey, I forgot about you

f767633be94e6072d6b476040a1decfd6bbd93fa.jpg

Tellaerin

I run most games with windowed borderless, so using multiple applications with a game is already an easy thing. Steam music is cool for the OS and BPM, though!

I read that BPM as "beats per minute" at first. >.> Steam Music rave with DJ Gaben?

Oh hey, I forgot about you

f767633be94e6072d6b476040a1decfd6bbd93fa.jpg

I was so interested in Hawken when it was first announced, but when I found out it was going to be F2P, that killed a lot of my enthusiasm. Really ought to follow up and see if it turned out to be any good.

So happy that I can Deus Ex HR just fine and with some good settings too. And to think I bought the game on PSN for $15...

Only one thing I want to be able to change is to be able use the mouse wheel to enter and exit iron sights. It would just be less awkward than middle mouse.

So basically scroll up to use sights, scroll down to exit sights. Is there a way to set this up?

Dolor

I was so interested in Hawken when it was first announced, but when I found out it was going to be F2P, that killed a lot of my enthusiasm. Really ought to follow up and see if it turned out to be any good.

Hawken on Steam? I will try it out. While I agree F2P is a warning sign, Planetside 2 and Path of Exile were worth some trial and error.

Nabs

What would be the benefit of Steam music vs just using wmp or Winamp?

Controller support and SteamOS support. I'm guessing they could even add music library support to the Steam API, so games like SR could support custom soundtracks directly in game.

Grief.exe

So happy that I can Deus Ex HR just fine and with some good settings too. And to think I bought the game on PSN for $15...

Only one thing I want to be able to change is to be able use the mouse wheel to enter and exit iron sights. It would just be less awkward than middle mouse.

So basically scroll up to use sights, scroll down to exit sights. Is there a way to set this up?

Set ADS to toggle, set your button to go into ADS as the mouse wheel.

What would be the benefit of Steam music vs just using wmp or Winamp?

Quality of life for those playing on Big Picture or SteamOS.

Aitor

have fun
ModBot said:
Instructions for Aitor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream -- MB-828DD7D509B09AF4 - Taken by Kiru

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Finally i can play Woodcutter Simulator :D

leftovers...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Lunar Flight -- MB-448C9401864C8FF8 - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.
Bridge It (Plus) -- MB-E2646AEBAEF85A53 - Taken by Eanan. 3 entrants total.

t1391461159z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Very s
t
imulating!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ship Simulator Extremes -- MB-720E2462A1D74E7E - Taken by nightstorm. 3 entrants total.
Dogfight 1942 -- MB-9B51BAAD295E9F2E - Taken by didamangi. 1 entrants total.
Lunar Flight -- MB-46FD862E29103EB9 - Taken by PriitV. 1 entrants total.
Bridge It (Plus) -- MB-1281CDB1CCE581C4 - Taken by alr1ght. 1 entrants total.

t1391461249z1.png

The_Super_Inframan

Thanks! My journey to 1000 games ended with Woodcutter Simulator 2013 Gold Edition.

i hear it's even better than bad rats!

What worries me is that I'm really considering getting this.

and why not? these janky simulators can be a lot of fun, especially with friends and some beers...

but maybe i kind of like them cause i'm german, there has to be a reason all these sims get bought and played here :p

Oh, hellloooo kamikaze Sectoids. Come to daddy.

*boom headshot*

Goood boy :).

Next mission....a bomb mission in the first month on the map I hate the most?

We had a good run boys and girls :(.

Tenrius

Are Uplay keys region-locked? I think everyone was able to redeem their ACIV keys from that Russian pricing error thing, but maybe it was because they were tecnhically buying stuff from their regions. I'm asking because I still have that 50 roubles preorder of Watch Dogs and I might consider reselling the key after the game comes out.

Dr Dogg

tempting! however I've yet to even really dive into MK9 so I can wait.

Yeah I know what you mean. It will probably crop up on sale by Summer Seal time at one or the other digital retailers. I've got waaaaay too much on my plate and not a lot of spare time the beginning of the year. Plus I want to get Lords of Shadow, Dark Souls and Resident Evil 6 out of the way before the respective other offerings are out later on this and next month (well hopefully).

milena87

and why not? these janky simulators can be a lot of fun, especially with friends and some beers...

but maybe i kind of like them cause i'm german, there has to be a reason all these sims get bought and played here :p

Hmm... and now I'm kinda tempted to buy these "gems" and try them under the influence of alcohol. I'd start with Woodcutter Simulator of course. It seems the best of the lot.

The_Super_Inframan

Hmm... and now I'm kinda tempted to buy these "gems" and try them under the influence of alcohol. I'd start with Woodcutter Simulator of course. It seems the best of the lot.

have fun! :)

(i will do the same on the coming weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom