• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

They are pretty diligent when it comes to region locking shit.

I still don't understand region locking in the case of mg rising, usually region lock exists because they don't want people buying the oversea version for a lower price, right?

In the case of MG Rising, they're not actually selling their product in asia, region locking just makes it harder for those people to give them money.

Milamber

I still don't understand region locking in the case of mg rising, usually region lock exists because they don't want people buying the oversea version for a lower price, right?

In the case of MG Rising, they're not actually selling their product in asia, region locking just makes it harder for those people to give them money.

Yep, later they will make up some excuse that they did not meet their sales expectations and refuse to port anything else.

Gvaz

Banned
He was banned in the thread about the Titanfall min. specs.

I never go to the thread table unless I have too. Too many random topic threads and not enough megathreads. I don't really give a shit about random gaming news topics, especially after page 5 the whole discussion turns asinine.

"Demanding" ports is also pretty wacky...
So wacky we actually got Dark Souls out of it! So, yeah no not really that wacky at all.

SEGA is worse, they lock the countries where prices are pretty much the same in the west.

Japan itself gets locked, even though PC titles there are not cheap at all. Taiwan gets locked, Korea gets locked, China gets locked(understandable), Hong Kong gets locked.

SEGA even gone further with Rome 2, they locked the keys also.

Arthea

As I keep repeating regional locking doesn't make any sense in most cases. Don't know why some companies insist on doing so.

UFwTGV9.png

Okay, this one made me burst out laughing. Genius.

Arthea

I tried to play Super Hexagon.
holy smoke this game: my eyes! my ears! my controls!
It seem like starting to work, you get into rhythm, and then it squishes you for no reason, then other times, it goes against rhythm, or you jump to next segment, only to jump to one beyond that (wth?) and get squished some more. arghhhhg!
I understand so many posts of old now, so many!
It's torture! (><)

edited: and to think of that I thought 10,000,000 makes fun of you, little did I know.

The_Monk

This is a bit late but I hope it helps narrow down those missing entries, either for you or for anyone else who ends the chapter missing an entry or two:

Episode 1 unmissable (probably):
Bigby Wolf, Snow White, The Woodsman, Faith, Beauty, Beast, Mr Toad, Colin, Ichabod Crane, Bufkin, Fabletown, The Farm, Mundies, Glamours, Prince Lawrence, The Tweedles, Holly, Grendel, Bluebeard
Episode 1 choice:
Bigby's Mercy
OR
Bigby's Vengeance
(replay from chapter 6,
end the Grendel fight differently
)

Episode 2 choice:
Ichabod's Denial
OR
Bluebeard's Mercy
(replay from chapter 2, either
use violence in the interrogation so Ichabod steps in
, or
refrain from using violence so Bluebeard steps in
)
Episode 2 unmissable (probably):
Thirteenth Floor
Episode 2 might be missable:
The Magic Mirror (make sure you talk to it)
Episode 2 unmissable (probably) (cont'd):
The Witching Well, Jack Horner, Lily
Episode 2 might be missable (cont'd):
Troll Cross (take it from the body)
Episode 2 unmissable (probably) (cont'd pt 2):
Georgie Porgie, Clever Hans, Nerissa

Seriously. I hope this (and the missable-if-you-don't-play-a-certain-way achievements in 400 Days) aren't the start of a trend for Telltale.

Sorry for the late reply fellow GAFfer, but thank you very much! I know exactly what I've missed and I'm going to give another try to see if I get them all. I'll be sure to report in. And yes, I agree with you on these types of Achievements being a bit unnecessary.

Movement on the Anno 1404 front!

HNNNG, I'm already building my huge Flintstones thing for you but it's hard to get parts!

It seem like starting to work, you get into rhythm, and then it squishes you for no reason, then other times, it goes against rhythm, or you jump to next segment, only to jump to one beyond that (wth?) and get squished some more. arghhhhg!
It's torture! (><)

edited: and to think of that I thought 10,000,000 makes fun of you, little did I know.

Begin, begin, begin...

Derrick01

Banned
The 4th Echelon missions in Splinter Cell: Blacklist are kind of lame. They're supposed to be single player OR coop but the first one I tried had a route I simply could not go because, you know, door and it flashed "invite a friend to use this route". I just quit out to desktop instead. I don't like how the single, coop and multiplayer modes are all on the selectable missions campaign map. There's no confusion about what each mode is, I just don't like how everything is mashed into the campaign. No one else I know owns this game, I do not have any uPlay buddies, I am not going to play coop and multiplayer is never happening. It's probably dead already.

Whenever I choose to play Blacklist again I will completely ignore everything that is not a single player mission.

Someone in one of the recent splinter cell threads said those 4E missions are basically just the splinter cell conviction co-op modes renamed, and it really woke me up. They're basically meant to be played in co-op (even the ones that allow SP) and if you look at the maps you can tell. They're all short and built like a mini-square.

The main story missions range from meh to decent at least. It's not better than Chaos Theory (the people who said that are out of their fucking minds), but it's better than the game it's trying to be, Conviction.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Apparently I completely forgot to pay my Uni's student services/amenities fee over the holidays and it's now overdue, so I'll need to take it easy on the whole buying games thing for a little while. I don't know how I will cope. :( Also, I'd planned to give away my spare Saturday Morning RPG key but as it so happens I completely forgot to buy Groupees' Retro 2 bundle. I'm feeling very dumb today.

HNNNG, I'm already building my huge Flintstones thing for you but it's hard to get parts!

Time is running out. ;)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's torture! (><)
You're in for a hell of a ride. Once you beat Hyper Hexagonest you'll feel you're on top of the world; the sense of accomplishment that game provokes is incredible.

Wait, what Super Hexagon can be beaten? As in it has an ending? I sincerely thought its just an endless Eyecandy brutally messing your eyes and hands at the same time. MIND BLOWN.

Milamber

Wait, what Super Hexagon can be beaten? As in it has an ending? I sincerely thought its just an endless Eyecandy brutally messing your eyes and hands at the same time. MIND BLOWN.

You didn't know? It has the sweetest ending ever. There are threads devoted to it with timelines and whatnot.

Knurek

You're in for a hell of a ride. Once you beat Hyper Hexagonest you'll feel you're on top of the world; the sense of accomplishment that game provokes is incredible.

I'm not exactly sure what the time investment for beating Super Hexagon is, but I'm sure you could fit a complete Fallout: New Vegas playthrough in it and still have time for a few shorter games.

Arthea

surely you jest!
Even clearing the first level seams like greatest achievement in life at this point. (><)

StAidan

It's torture! (><)

Here's a tip, play it on the hardest difficulty for a few minutes, then go back to the lowest. It'll seem soooo slow after that. I was able to do a lot better that way, lol.

Arthea

Apparently I completely forgot to pay my Uni's student services/amenities fee over the holidays and it's now overdue, so I'll need to take it easy on the whole buying games thing for a little while. I don't know how I will cope. :( Also, I'd planned to give away my spare Saturday Morning RPG key but as it so happens I completely forgot to buy Groupees' Retro 2 bundle. I'm feeling very dumb today.

Time is running out. ;)

I hope you'll be OK. Stay strong, don't panic and carry a towel!

Here's a tip, play it on the hardest difficulty for a few minutes, then go back to the lowest. It'll seem soooo slow after that. I was able to do a lot better that way, lol.

lol, seems like a good plan

Arthea

i bought this in the GamesRage bundle. it was also in an IndieRoyale and the devs are "talking" to the bundle guys about keys. link

I can't understand how I managed to miss both of those bundles, but I did :(

Once you memorize the possible shapes in a level it become less hard. XD

you only saying it, that I would keep playing!

I am pretty sure only Jedi could beat this stage.

the force is strong with them, but they can be the Sith too, just pointing out

Still no Brazillian bucks. Sucks.
I would actually preffer they dont start using BRL. I'm only able to buy from steam nowadays because of BoaCompra, since a lot of banks made using international credit cards on steam and other places not possible, i wouldn't be able to buy on GMG D:

JakeD

I can't understand how I managed to miss both of those bundles, but I did :(

the gamesrage bundle was pretty low key, i only found it and bought it because someone on my steam feed was posting (nonsteam) screenshots of Cinders and i thought it looked great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom