• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Created a curse account, apparently keys are only for premium members or something. Says I'm ineligible and asks me to upgrade to premium.

StAidan

Have at it, folks!

ModBot said:
Instructions for StAidan:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Beast Boxing Turbo -- MB-7FA4FBADD26263B1 - Taken by Kifimbo. 5 entrants total.
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-CF0D32C66B69DC50 - Taken by alr1ght. 13 entrants total.
Interstellar Marines -- MB-749985DCB3315421 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 5 entrants total.

t1391620643z1.png

You should let Valve know that they mislabeled it according to your knowledge then. What a grievous oversight on their part.

I was merely commenting on the current state of their Music beta... I don't know why that's so offensive to you. I never said it wouldn't improve or that they wouldn't add the necessary features to make this thing worthwhile.

Nabs

Sang-Froid is pretty good so far (just finished up the tutorials). I usually hate playing TD games, but something about games like Sang-Froid and Iron Grip make it fun. I'll be going back to it once Stallion leaves me alone.

Y'all need to play those Pixeljunk Shooters that folks are winning in this thread. I had it from an earlier bundle and just beat it recently. It's not perfect, but I found it to be a pretty enjoyable little light shooter. Nice for when you want a little something shooterish to play with a bit of thinking and without going all stressful bullet-hell. I love the look and feel as well.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Weird, so Q Games never ported Pixeljunk Shooter 2 to the PC? That's a shame. I guess PJS1 didn't do so hot for them on the PC : /

Pixeljunk Monsters: Dec 2007 on PS3, Aug 2013 on PC
Pixeljunk Eden: Jul 2008 on PS3, Feb 2012 on PC
Pixeljunk Shooter: Dec 2009 on PS3, Nov 2013 on PC

Both Shooter 2 and Sidescroller were 2011 games on PS3. I'd give them a little while.

Backlogger

I am having a lot of fun with Pixel Junk Shooter. I haven't poured hours into or anything like that, but lately its been my go to game when I know I don't have time for an extended gaming session. Plus it has trading cards. I got all the available card drops really fast but have yet to get a booster pack.

Anyway, I would welcome a sequel on the PC

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
no mystery games on new indiegala, boo. still good bundle tho :)

thought bemine 11 would be today, guess not

mannerbot

Anyone else have impressions on Oniken? I'm surprised that toddhunter hated it so much. I trust iconoclast's opinion and he likes the game:

I do think the game is pretty fun, so I'm not trying to hate on it or anything, but there are still some major changes I would make. Like I said before, I'd have your lives and total score carry across all stages. You already get a bonus 1000 points for each life you have when you clear a stage, so being able to stack them would create an incentive to beat the entire game without dying.

I'd also get rid of the full health refill you get whenever you enter a new section of a stage. Instead, I'd just place a couple of health packs in fixed positions in each level (and make some of them risky to go for). Doing this would make the game a little harder (which is good), and it would also fix a problem with the scoring system. As it is, the best way to score is to rush through a level as fast as you can for the time bonus - it doesn't matter if you take a bunch of damage along the way because 1. you'll get a full health refill soon, and 2. you don't get any points based on how much health you finish a stage with. So that leads into another change I'd make: give the player a reason to avoid taking damage by having your health directly affect your score. The randomized items can be pretty annoying as well.

And finally, I uploaded a full playthrough (incl. cutscenes) of the game here if anyone wants to check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU-3k8VayN4

And the feedback in the Oniken thread was mostly positive in general.

no mystery games on new indiegala, boo. still good bundle tho :)

thought bemine 11 would be today, guess not

It says this though
Plus MORE Steam GAMES to be unlocked SOON for all BTA buyers!

EDIT: Looks liuke a new Indie Royale is on the way as well (maybe today?)

Indie Royale@indieroyale 41 secs
The next bundle will have 10 games in it .. 9 on Steam, all Desura & Windows. 5 are on Mac & 1 Linux.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It says this though

EDIT: Looks liuke a new Indie Royale is on the way as well (maybe today?)

im blind clearly. also I just woke up :(

indiegala gave me 2 interstellar keys, one is called spearhead edition. are they both the full game, so I can gift one of them (the non spearhead I guess)?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
im blind clearly. also I just woke up :(

indiegala gave me 2 interstellar keys, one is called spearhead edition. are they both the full game, so I can gift one of them (the non spearhead I guess)?
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-IMSE/interstellar-marines-spearhead-edition

Early Access – be part of the development of Interstellar Marines and provide your feedback and suggestions as we expand the game update after update.
All In – receive all future updates and expansions completely free of charge.

Interstellar Marines - Spearhead Edition

In addition to Early Access to Interstellar Marines (including all future updates and expansions), the Spearhead Edition includes:

Spearhead identity – A unique honorary game profile that with time will grant you access to special skins, helmets, weapons etc. (does not alter gameplay).*
Hall of Honor & Credits – Your name will be acknowledged in a special in-game Hall of Honor and you’ll also get your name in the credits.*
Digital Soundtracks – Download the Interstellar Marines: The Beginning soundtrack as well as all future soundtracks as they are released.
Digital Art Books – Download digital PDFs released periodically, filled with high resolution concept art, screenshots and behind the scenes information.*
Extra Steam Key – You’ll receive an additional copy of Interstellar Marines to gift to a friend

Have at it, folks!
thx

JakeD

So, someone at Overkill printed this :

Perfect.

to be fair, the "update is taking forever to download" bug was annoying as hell. i paused it and it's been sitting in my queue for a month now, and i haven't played since then because of it. not sure if it's their fault or steams though.

Rhaknar

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-IMSE/interstellar-marines-spearhead-edition

Early Access – be part of the development of Interstellar Marines and provide your feedback and suggestions as we expand the game update after update.
All In – receive all future updates and expansions completely free of charge.

Interstellar Marines - Spearhead Edition

In addition to Early Access to Interstellar Marines (including all future updates and expansions), the Spearhead Edition includes:

Spearhead identity – A unique honorary game profile that with time will grant you access to special skins, helmets, weapons etc. (does not alter gameplay).*
Hall of Honor & Credits – Your name will be acknowledged in a special in-game Hall of Honor and you’ll also get your name in the credits.*
Digital Soundtracks – Download the Interstellar Marines: The Beginning soundtrack as well as all future soundtracks as they are released.
Digital Art Books – Download digital PDFs released periodically, filled with high resolution concept art, screenshots and behind the scenes information.*
Extra Steam Key – You’ll receive an additional copy of Interstellar Marines to gift to a friend

thx

so both keys are the full game then.

AND the spearhead edition also gave me a gift version on steam, they really are handing it out like candy arent they

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Pid -- MB-C70790113081B41D - Taken by corrosivefrost. 2 entrants total.

t1391622128z1.png

Arthea

so both keys are the full game then.

AND the spearhead edition also gave me a gift version on steam, they really are handing it out like candy arent they

Actually I was wondering, does a regular key gives gift version too? because if yes, it's 4 pack right here in the bundle!

Rhaknar

will give out the steam gift of Interstellar later, I cba doing the whole email to myself thing right now, i need breakfast! foooood!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Rush Bros. -- MB-01D259A3CBEB784E - Taken by Tesseract. 3 entrants total.
Pixeljunk Shooter -- MB-A6BCA5811CCDC152 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 16 entrants total.
Interstellar Marines -- MB-B37A2A64F8E0D9AC - Taken by adriano999. 9 entrants total.
Sang-Froid Tales of Werewolves -- MB-A8C41908698BB3C6 - Taken by Knurek. 12 entrants total.

t1391622354z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

$14.99. Releases February 19th/20th. Capcom's pre-order history suggests that the incentives are unlikely to be released separately, so if you're at all interested in them I'd jump on the game before release.

Edit: That's what I get for writing a blurb. :(

Going to be getting some nice new headphones and sound card soon. Recommend me some games with great sound(can be great effects or just the overall soundtrack of a game)

Hopefully I have some that you guys recommend :D

Hesemonni

Banned
Regarding Indie Gala bundle and EU tax: what's the best and easiest way to hide my ip? Either via program or via browser extension?

Arthea

pic

$14.99. Releases February 19th/20th. Capcom's pre-order history suggests that the incentives are unlikely to be released separately, so if you're at all interested in them I'd jump on the game before release.

Edit: That's what I get for writing a blurb. :(

very tempted to make a joke about Nabs tag now and posting bigger pics without text, but I'll constrain myself.

I like your post better, but what do you mean by Capcpom's preorder history?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
His picture is even bigger than yours!

yYRv1MN.gif

very tempted to make a joke about Nabs tag now and posting bigger pics without text, but I'll constrain myself.

I like your post better, but what do you mean by Capcpom's preorder history?

Previous pre-order incentives unrelated to DLC were never made available for individual purchase, and even those relating to DLC are a bit spotty (e.g. Capcom released Lost Planet 3's two item packs but not Remember Me's Combo Lab Pack).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom