• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Ehh, GMG changed their pricing for us Poles from $ to £, making it way bigger rip-off than Steam is (which usually changes from $ to €
I mean, seriously, what the eff...

Regarding Indie Gala bundle and EU tax: what's the best and easiest way to hide my ip? Either via program or via browser extension?

I use Spotflux. Activate it, click on the checkout button (I use PayPal) and deactivate it before you input your PP password. Even checking out through Spotflux shouldn't be a problem.

Nabs

lol MW3 is getting a Mac release on Steam. It might even be Steamplay.

Steam Client Beta patch notes:

Steam Client Beta Update - Feb 05

FEBRUARY 5 - HENRYG
We've just released another Steam Client Beta update with several critical fixes and some additional improvements.

Windows

- Fixed regressions which prevented some games from launching properly

SteamOS
- A sound output device is chosen on first startup, preferring HDMI. You can change the selected device using the Audio option under settings.

Big Picture

- Added a Show Password option when entering a password, to simplify password entry when using a controller

In-Home Streaming Beta
- Added streaming support for non-Steam games with mixed 32-bit and 64-bit binaries
- Changed Framerate setting to be an experimental framerate lock, please give feedback on the discussion group!
- Fixed problems with streaming at 480p resolution

Seeing so many fellow GAFers diving [back] into XCOM is very pleasing! :D

Going to be getting some nice new headphones and sound card soon. Recommend me some games with great sound(can be great effects or just the other soundtrack of a game)

Hopefully I have some that you guys recommend :D

The FTL soundtrack is pretty damn awesome.

Tizoc

Here's another Pid giveaway~

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Pid -- MB-111E6597D3885464

t1391708853z1.png

Them pre-order bonuses, though simple are...tempting @_@

Levyne

Banned
I am going to need recommendations on great headphones and a sound card. My tax return affords me a few frivolous purchases.

And yeah, XCOM is pretty awesome so far :D. But I have a few countries getting high on the panic meter...

Arthea

Regarding Indie Gala bundle and EU tax: what's the best and easiest way to hide my ip? Either via program or via browser extension?

I gave it some thought, but Game (site) taught me that's not an issue, somehow they are able to get your place of origin from your paypal account (which I thought was impossible for a longest time, shows how naive I can be), so hiding your IP does nothing.
May be it does for gala, but I doubt that, as they can get the place of your bank account regardless.

edited: proven wrong by YianGaruga.

InPlosion

Hey, does anybody here have any problems launching dawn of war dark crusade? The game won't start, instead a "failed to lauch(App already running)" error dialog come up almost instantly.
I have already reinstalled, restarted steam & the PC. I'm out of potential solutions...
Edit: nvm the steam client beta update fixed it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
day 1 (maybe? if it turns out as good as the previews say) for Strider

Tizoc

Any reason Wolf among us is among the top 10 sellers atm?
It'd be hilarious if it becomes the daily for today.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Any reason Wolf among us is among the top 10 sellers atm?
It'd be hilarious if it becomes the daily for today.

Episode 2 just released yesterday, and it's featured on the storefront carousel.

As with most Telltale games, we're not likely to see a (significant) discount until all of the episodes are released.

Good catch. I wonder what's up? I guess they're making room for their new "recently updated" section.

What is this about a "recently updated" section? That's the first time I heard about it. It's also a good idea. Maybe it'll encourage developers to update their products more often so that they remain on the front page.

Anyways, it seems to me like Valve is trying to make the frontpage faster to scroll through by making it smaller and have less stuff. They have already removed the list of publishers from the bottom of the webpage. They ahve also removed the box that contained links to publisher icons, Alienware advertisement, and AMD driver update and information.

Evrain

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Considering how Aspyr Media is much more incline to discounts than Activision, there is a rather substantial chance, even more so considering how Modern Warfare 1 recently got cut down to five dollars - and that is how I managed to get it, if not through the required hoops to buy from the States.

As it's SteamPlay, Aspyr won't have anything to do with the game's listing on Steam: the one and only Call of Duty game it publishes is the Mac-specific Black Ops.

Edit: I didn't intend to discount the possibility of sales outside of Steam. Even Acti has occasionally discounted a CoD game elsewhere by a larger amount than that seen on Steam.

In B4 JaseC going on about this being another EA deal.

Haha, it's only the first of the year (post-Winter Sale), excluding Amalur, if I'm not mistaken.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hmm, quite curious to learn more if there's anything at all into it.

we have had EA deals for ages after they stopped putting new games on steam, it means as much now as it meant back then, in my opinion of course.

but I rather be negative than disapointed so :p

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't see "the game is the only one of 300+ games that refuses to download". Guess I'm the only one with that problem.
That happened to me with Consortium. Had to change my download region and then it worked.

Speaking of which, I should start it this weekend. Heard it's a game that requires dedication and attention, so it's no good playing it late at night after a long day at work.

30 more games and I hit 500 total games.

I still do not understand why I was removed from the Game Collectors group. I know that supposedly changed the rules, but I thought they said they would not remove current members.

Knurek

we have had EA deals for ages after they stopped putting new games on steam, it means as much now as it meant back then, in my opinion of course.

I just hope that if Origin goes the way of the dodo, they will give Steam keys for games people bought there.

I have bought a few games there, yes.

JaseC

Last year there were almost twice as many featured EA deals (excluding EA Partners games) compared to 2012 (yes, I tallied them up ;)).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Haha, it's only the first of the year (post-Winter Sale), excluding Amalur, if I'm not mistaken.

Don't forget the Mirror's Edge daily deal

Masters of the World looks pretty amazing.

I've never heard of it before. Any thoughts or opinions?

I like how Steam gives you a big warning that it has DRM. I'm not familiar with the Eversim DRM.

Zafir

Let me get this straight, you get an Interstellar Marines Spearhead Key, an Interstellar Marines Normal Key and an Interstellar Marines Gift Copy? lol

JaseC

Let me get this straight, you get an Interstellar Marines Spearhead Key, an Interstellar Marines Normal Key and an Interstellar Marines Gift Copy? lol

The Spearhead Edition is the game's Digital Deluxe Edition and in addition to a bunch of DLC and miscellaneous bonuses it also comes with a gift copy of the standard edition (or, in fewer words, yes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom