• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zafir

The Spearhead Edition is the game's Digital Deluxe Edition and in addition to a bunch of DLC and miscellaneous bonuses it also comes with a gift copy of the standard edition (or, in fewer words, yes).
Cheers. I was aware that edition gives other bonuses. I was just surprised to see another key for Intestellar Marines on my Indiegala page as well.

Consequently; Have at it Neogaf!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Interstellar Marines -- MB-F12298A642DC2F34 - Taken by DJSebolski. 13 entrants total.

t1391625548z1.png

Edit: This is the normal edition, by the way.

New Indie Royale should go live very soon.

According to this it includes:
Alien Spidy
The Journey Down Chapter 1
Miner Wars 2081
Dollar Dash
Duke Nukem
Duke Nukem II
Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
Foreign Legion: Multi Massacre
Final Slam 2
Party of Sin

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Alien Spidy
Miner Wars 2081
Dollar Dash
Duke Nukem
Duke Nukem II
Final Slam 2
Party of Sin

*Patiently awaits Modbot giveaways of Foreign Legion: Multi Massacre*

It's the only game I'm missing.

Benedict

Somebody want to trade my extra copies of Sang-Froid & InterStellar Marines for either Pixeljunk Shooter, Rush Bros or Go Home Dinosaurs?

Sullichin

Those with Nidhogg -
hows the support for non 360 pads?

I'd like to play two player with one 360 pad (wireless) and one PS4 pad (wired). Or, two wired PS4 pads. Possible? I've ran into problems with other games trying to use 360/PS controllers at the same time.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Great: Tried to buy Strider, but the company that charges for Steam Purchases in my country told me cryptic words about the purchase not being authorized.

But Strider is still in my list and the purchase is still pending.

I hate BoaCompra.

Special thanks to The_Super_Inframan; his generosity made it possible to add Pid and Beast Boxing Turbo below:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rush Bros. -- MB-41B1E5D620BC5E1D - Taken by ussjtrunks
Pid -- MB-C70790113081B41D - Taken by Ingueferroque
Beast Boxing Turbo -- MB-7740E7129FEAC058 - Taken by JakeD
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-B2FE8621289E1F2A - Taken by IblisGinjo
Interstellar Marines -- MB-7785031B005ED3E4 - Taken by woo and indeed hoo

So bought...

Added to my wishlist... but since it doesn't include the LE extras and I'm not a fan of the direction they're taking the game, it will be a wait and see approach for me.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I can't help but wonder if Origin8 is aware it made a deal with the devil.
Yeah, I was a little surprised to hear that they were OK with the Steam release, but I expect they'll be less OK after six months or a year of StrategyFirst giving them the runaround instead of any revenue.

...Unless SF actually cleans up their act or Origin8 just writes it off ala chubigans and The Oil Blue, I'm forseeing a Transcripted-type situation here where it'll eventually be delisted pending some sort of court case.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So Ubi is releasing a stand alone version of the DLC from AC:BF. I think they're trying to make the series monthly instead yearly.

I'd be perfectly okay with that. ;) I don't think Freedom Cry is meaty enough to warrant its own game, though. Making AssCreed 3's DLC standalone would make more sense.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
...Unless SF actually cleans up their act or Origin8 just writes it off ala chubigans and The Oil Blue, I'm forseeing a Transcripted-type situation here where it'll eventually be delisted pending some sort of court case.

Here's hoping, because:

sen3i7ko6.jpg

In my defence, at the time it seemed likely that Strategy First had also listed it without permission. But in hindsight I should have waited another day -- I was worried that if Origin8 caught on Valve would pull it down almost immediately thereafter as it did with Paper Monsters.

Edit: Does anybody want that Rhythm Zone guest pass?

kulapik

Why would you make a Modbot giveaway for Pid if there are still >100k keys? Oh well.

However, PICK AND PLAY PID, EVERYBODY.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Here's what the update highlight will look like.

UpdateVisibilityRounds_Highlight.jpg

Stuff like this makes me want to pull my hair out. It's like they're not even trying!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Oh no, I've gotten to the point where I forget what games I already own on Steam. Luckily I didn't win any of those entries for Rush Bros.

Free Pid Steam keys from BundleStars giveways, 250,000 keys in total.
http://giveaways.bundlestars.com/

Quoting this just to remind people of it. While I was a bit of a detractor of it when I started playing it, the game really does improve as time goes on and once it start changing things up with enemies or different ways of using the main ability, it really becomes something special.

I do recommend playing on easy though, which will only affect bosses and keep them from being too tedious.

After trying it out for an hour shortly after release and not really caring about it, I thought to give Marvel Heroes another shot yesterday after hearing it was much improved.

jdgBE6UlI9imT.png

Somehow that ended up happening.

Alien Spidy
Miner Wars 2081
Dollar Dash
Duke Nukem
Duke Nukem II
Final Slam 2
Party of Sin

Awww boo. The teases they posted and the GAF guesses for some of them hinted at a bunch of games I didn't already own, so to see this list instead is kinda sad for me. That said, Cherry Tree High Comedy Club was pretty good!

Evrain

It's a fairly old game, 2004 or so.
Amazing music. Classic euroshmup gameplay.
Still waiting for CAVE to wise up and publish a DoDonPachi Saga fr Steam... I kow, I'm dreaming.

On a sidenote, finally fired up the copy of Dark Souls I snagged from Amazon. I know I'm late to the party, I know I'm just rehashing everyone's reaction but boy, is this game gorgeous! Stunning visuals, minimalistic approach to lore and storytelling and a difficulty level that is beyond brutality. Just my cup of tea.
And how do I stir the campfire's flame? Keeps telling me I can't do it as undead, but can't turn back human either.

EDIT: Turfster, back in the HL2 days I used to thoroughly hate Steam. It was just another DRM. Now, with the plethora of services it offers, I can hardly consder buying a game unless it supports Steamworks. The competition simply is currently unable to offer something at least on par with it.

BorntoPlay

Just won by luck 2 Interstellar Marines keys... so here, take the other one.... say thanks to The_Super_Inframan....

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg

Interstellar Marines -- MB-1B2F05F02B17C190 - Taken by alr1ght

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Awww boo. The teases they posted and the GAF guesses for some of them hinted at a bunch of games I didn't already own, so to see this list instead is kinda sad for me. That said, Cherry Tree High Comedy Club was pretty good!

that was Groupees Be Mine 11.
Just won by luck 2 Interstellar Marines keys... so here, take the other one.... say thanks to The_Super_Inframan....
thx The_Super_Inframan via BorntoPlay :)

mannerbot

Still waiting for CAVE to wise up and publish a DoDonPachi Saga fr Steam... I kow, I'm dreaming.

On a sidenote, finally fired up the copy of Dark Souls I snagged from Amazon. I know I'm late to the party, I know I'm just rehashing everyone's reaction but boy, is this game gorgeous! Stunning visuals, minimalistic approach to lore and storytelling and a difficulty level that is beyond brutality. Just my cup of tea.
And how do I stir the campfire's flame? Keeps telling me I can't do it as undead, but can't turn back human either.

It costs 1 humanity to turn human, and one humanity to kindle a bonfire. The counter in the top left next to your hp/stamina is the "soft humanity" counter. Humanity items are considered "hard humanity" and you have to consume them for them to count as soft humanity.

Special thanks to The_Super_Inframan; his generosity made it possible to add Pid and Beast Boxing Turbo below:

Added to my wishlist... but since it doesn't include the LE extras and I'm not a fan of the direction they're taking the game, it will be a wait and see approach for me.

Do you mean the PS3 Limited Edition extras (Strider 1 and 2 and the custom theme)?

But isn't Japan exclusive or am I wrong?

Arthea

Indie Royale bundle doesn't give steam key for Party of Sin, for whatever reason.

Why did I click on the "PC gaming isn't locked in to one store, why is the hate for Steam competitors?"(sic) thread?

I clicked too, it was somewhat entertaining, if you know what I mean

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Whoever wins Miner Wars please contact me, you will also get a "unlock" key for the game

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Alien Spidy -- MB-61DA96C7014AC12E - Taken by Benedict. 4 entrants total.
Dollar Dash -- MB-70AF11520E85C322 - Taken by VikasNarula. 6 entrants total.
The Journey Down Chapter One -- MB-84E870448924C2B8 - Taken by spode. 8 entrants total.
Duke Nukem -- MB-AE275484CD8AF73E - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt. 11 entrants total.
Duke Nukem 2 -- MB-91165B26D279C8C0 - Taken by cardinalmind. 6 entrants total.
Miner Wars 2081 -- MB-CB44060CC8CA2EE0 - Taken by Lain. 9 entrants total.
Cherry Tree High Comedy Club -- MB-125F5B5B78E3B949 - Taken by Santini. 21 entrants total.

t1391638554z1.png

i bet the Party of Sin keys will be added later, this has happened before

Chronoja

Here's hoping, because:

sen3i7ko6.jpg

In my defence, at the time it seemed likely that Strategy First had also listed it without permission. But in hindsight I should have waited another day -- I was worried that if Origin8 caught on Valve would pull it down almost immediately thereafter as it did with Paper Monsters.

Edit: Does anybody want that Rhythm Zone guest pass?

I take it that Loadout gift is a game list +1 version? We could use a list of all these early access games that are going f2p after their early access is over.

Fun morning for me. First got South Park from the trader everyone was recommending, then got the Indie Gala and Indie Royale bundles. Only screw up was when I redeemed the normal Interstellar Marines key instead of the Spearhead Edition key... Stupido!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom