• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evrain

It costs 1 humanity to turn human, and one humanity to kindle a bonfire. The counter in the top left next to your hp/stamina is the "soft humanity" counter. Humanity items are considered "hard humanity" and you have to consume them for them to count as soft humanity.
Thank you!

BigAT

Fun morning for me. First got South Park from the trader everyone was recommending, then got the Indie Gala and Indie Royale bundles. Only screw up was when I redeemed the normal Interstellar Marines key instead of the Spearhead Edition key... Stupido!

What trader was that?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Indie Royale ‏@indieroyale 23m

The Party of Sin Steam key have magically reappeared. Please spread the world.

Copons

I've sacrificed half my squad to get through the
alien base
map in XCOM.

My dear Heavy Penis (ehm...) left this valley of tears killed by
the fucking Support who got mind-thingamabobbed by the boss of the place
, but at least Drifter got back home safe and again critically wounded, so now he's dangerous like a cute kitten, always scared by the tiniest sound. :'(

Worth it nevertheless.

Eanan

Won a Interstellar marines giveaway, but the key was already used. Oh well! Thanks anyway BornToPlay... seemed modbot messed up as I had 5 different PMs from it about the same giveaway.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Party of Sin -- MB-EB915C78F04CF9B5 - Taken by topyy. 11 entrants total.

t1391631400z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just noticed that the Midweek Madness deals are ending at 10am instead of their usual 4pm. Weird, as that typically only happens when there's a sale.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i forget, to enter a giveeaway to you PM the name+code or just the code to modbot?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Also, this menu got updated.

YVQ8nWe.png

They added the "Browse by Genre" and "Browse by Platform" entries

hmm I might enjoy this game =o

overlord_2014_02_06_09kuwv.jpg

Finished it during Christmas, took me well over 20 hours to do everything. I had started it again two years ago, but got bored after 5 hours.

It's nice and a lot of fun, albeit a bit repetitive. You may want to take it easy or take a break midway through the story.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
i forget, to enter a giveeaway to you PM the name+code or just the code to modbot?

For a giveaway you only need the code, but all the same I do name and code.
So for example in the PM message I make any title to ModBot (sweet nothings usually) with the message of Party of Sin -- MB-EB915C78F04CF9B5 for example.

Rhaknar

For a giveaway I believe you only need the code, but all thee same I do name and code.
So for example in the PM message I make any title to ModBot (sweet nothings usually) with the message of Party of Sin -- MB-EB915C78F04CF9B5 for example.

Either one is fine, but all you need is the code. I'd assume it's parsed using regex.

thanks

So is there a singleplayer mode in Interstellar marines? I bought it during the wintersale and now i have like 3 copies because of the bundle but i don't know how to single player. The options are Multiplayer or sandbox? (which is running around doing nothing alone)

Nabs

Just noticed that the Midweek Madness deals are ending at 10am instead of their usual 4pm. Weird, as that typically only happens when there's a sale.

I think they changed it from Thursday at 4pm to Friday at 10. That's how it's been for at least a week now. I wonder if they'll finally change the Free Weekend end time.

I've sacrificed half my squad to get through the
alien base
map in XCOM.

My dear Heavy Penis (ehm...) left this valley of tears killed by
the fucking Support who got mind-thingamabobbed by the boss of the place
, but at least Drifter got back home safe and again critically wounded, so now he's dangerous like a cute kitten, always scared by the tiniest sound. :'(

Worth it nevertheless.

Your Heavy Penis would have been fine in my hands!

Drifter is a fine name for a pussycat; are they a stray?

Anteater

What game is this?

EDIT. the jpg is called Overlord :p

yep it's overlord, got it from the humble bundle weekly!

Finished it during Christmas, took me well over 20 hours to do everything. I had started it again two years ago, but got bored after 5 hours.

It's nice and a lot of fun, albeit a bit repetitive. You may want to take it easy or take a break midway through the story.

good to know :D

So is there a singleplayer mode in Interstellar marines? I bought it during the wintersale and now i have like 3 copies because of the bundle but i don't know how to single player. The options are Multiplayer or sandbox? (which is running around doing nothing alone)

There's a sandbox stage (which isn't great), but other than that no.

For a giveaway you only need the code, but all the same I do name and code.

Sweet nothings are confirmed to be the way to win ModBot raffles.

You're welcome, ModBot.

To the people buying South Park: Are you able to add it to play it now, or do you have to wait for the actual release date? (Have I missed this being asked and answered?)

Rhaknar

Sweet nothings are confirmed to be the way to win ModBot raffles.

You're welcome, ModBot.

To the people buying South Park: Are you able to add it to play it now, or do you have to wait for the actual release date? (Have I missed this being asked and answered?)

of course they cant play it now dude...come on :p

Knurek

This game looks sweet but so far looks like its only 3DS.

Treasurenauts

I am out of the loop probably as I am a steam only gamer.

Seeing as Mutant Mudds has been getting bundled left and right it probably sold below expectations, so I'd wager Renegade Kid is back to 3DS development only.

Actually, looking at Renegade Kid's Mutant Mudds site I see a Humble like widget for buying on Steam. Is this something new? That's the first time I see something like that.

If it's something new, I think it's threadworthy.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Got all excited when I saw RealMyst: Masterpiece Edition live on the store at last... only to find out that Cyan proves their technical incompetence yet again. Game causes graphics cards to run really hot, harder to run than Crysis, Battlefield 3/4 etc and requires an external third party video codec that died in 2004 to be installed in order for certain things to function right.

How can you continue to make such terrible ports of your own game, Cyan? RealMyst alone is a giant chunk of shit, so I shouldn't be surprised its remake is equally so. Guess i'm holding on to my money then.

Turfster

Actually, looking at Renegade Kid's Mutant Mudds site I see a Humble like widget for buying on Steam. Is this something new? That's the first time I see something like that.

Interesting. Hadn't seen that one before.
It's an actual widget and everything. You can generate it for anything with "store.steampowered.com/widget/<appid>/"

How can you continue to make such terrible ports of your own game, Cyan? RealMyst alone is a giant chunk of shit, so I shouldn't be surprised its remake is equally so. Guess i'm holding on to my money then.

Let's not forget that their older games are all basically "a video player with a static screen with clickable zones", which any 3 year old can make, 'programming' wise =p

jshackles

Steam has had these for a couple of months now. If you go to a game's store page you can even create your own by clicking the "Embed" button.

The "short description" for games that this dialog uses isn't exposed in the API, and it's what Enhanced Steam now uses to get the storefront carousel descriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom