• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.php

I'm onto you, Octodad. >.>

All hail the Dadliest Mod.
Thanks for doing the giveaway!

Deadbeat

Banned
I discovered that you can use your steam wallet in planetside 2 (which was probably a feature all along but I just noticed it). That coupled with the bonus sc sale got me to buy 5 dollars worth of helmets/armor. I am now a special snowflake.

Tellaerin

Wow, I was interested in how Redshirt would be able to turn something assinine as Facebook into an interesting game mechanic. Turns out, it didn't. This is a trainwreck.

Bummer, man. I had been looking forward to checking Redshirt out - that's why I had picked up the bundle. :s

What is with NPCs in Skyrim walking around and randomly giving me their life's story? And if another random guard feeds me the same exact line about joining up with the Dawnguard as another guard halfway across the map, I'm burning this mother down.

what sort of game is octodad

A perfectly normal human dad simulator.

Tentacle Espionage Action.

This thread continues to deliver... :lol

Fuuuuuuccccckkkkk I was trying to pay $1 for the double fine humble bundle as I have the rest of the games and the site refreshed. I put my info in again but forgot to check the price and I ended up paying $25 : /. I emailed humble bundle almost immediately so I guess we'll see if I get my $24 back.

This happened to me with one of the groupees i think... ended up paying $10... just kind of cursed my own stupidity and moved on though.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I'd like to vote for 8 games in the Double Fine Amnesia Fortnight. Why am I limited to only 3? :(

Fine, I'll go with Ether, Mnemonic and Great Spirits. But I'd also be happy with either Headlander, Derelict, Gone Astray, Astro Helmet or Eras of Adventure winning.

Oh, and Child of Light looks amazing. I'd buy it day one if I didn't already have many games to play... Hell, I may end up doing it anyway. Stupid me.

Man, I'd like to vote for 8 games in the Double Fine Amnesia Fortnight. Why am I limited to only 3? :(

Fine, I'll go with Ether, Mnemonic and Great Spirits. But I'd also be happy with either Headlander, Derelict, Gone Astray, Astro Helmet or Eras of Adventure winning.

Oh, and Child of Light looks amazing. I'd buy it day one if I didn't already have many games to play... Hell, I may end up doing it anyway. Stupid me.

Ha, I want to vote for like 10 games, but alas, I cannot.

What Could Go Wrong, Gone Astray, Mega Rad Karate Troopers, The White Witch's Gnome War, Fathomless, Timagotchi, and maybe Cat in a Box were all interesting to me but didn't make the cut.

Borderlands 2 is showing up on my Cards page, and says I have 3 drop remaining even though I only have access through the free weekend...

Did they start giving you card access with free weekend games??

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I don't understand why it's called Octodad, it just seems like a game about a man in a suit raising a family and going about his life.

When you are a dad and have to juggle work, two children, the lawn, shopping, being a romantic husband, bills, raising awareness about cruelty to sea creatures at aquariums, and more it feels like you are pulled in eight different directions.

It's a very realistic simulator game.

Wow, very generous giveaways in here tonight :]

After taking 7 hours to defeat the first boss on Rogue Legacy (okay, more like 4 because I kept restarting), I'm feeling like taking a little break.

Game is hard as fuck, and I know that the next area I venture to is going to be even harder. Thankful that the game has a teleportation thing for the separate environments.

mrgone

When you are a dead and have to juggle work, two children, the lawn, shopping, being a romantic husband, bills, raising awareness about cruelty to sea creatures at aquariums, and more it feels like you are pulled in eight different directions.

I think you just un-sold me on this game. Hard-core simulators always make me feel like a fish out of water.

Wuh-oh. Steam's beta just had an update.

General
Disabled Family Sharing in Offline mode
Game server IPs in the favorites list will now automatically update if the game server is using a persistent game server account
Reorganized files for smaller client downloads in future updates

Linux
Updated steam-runtime

I don't know much about family sharing, but that seems like it might be a bad thing.

Wuh-oh. Steam's beta just had an update.

I don't know much about family sharing, but that seems like it might be a bad thing.

Probably to stop people sharing their libraries with friends, and then all playing everything they want in Offline mode to avoid the one-person-per-library restriction.

I don't really see the problem to be honest - this feature was always designed for multiple people sharing the same PC/Mac/Steambox.

When you are a dead and have to juggle work, two children, the lawn, shopping, being a romantic husband, bills, raising awareness about cruelty to sea creatures at aquariums, and more it feels like you are pulled in eight different directions.

fb0.jpg

Some shop Octodad into this!

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Here's a query. Nuuvem is having a Bioshock Sale. Bioshock 2 is 6.99 real, which works out to about $2.94 USD. What are the chances you get Minerva's Den with that?

If it's a retail key, the chances are good, right?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Light of Altair -- MB-8CA9E25475B2D19D - Taken by Volimar
Archon Classic -- MB-78B04413B68885BA - Taken by nexen
Gnomoria -- MB-653533BC042D1AFE - Taken by gwynplaine
Sideway New York -- MB-FAC03175B3D42B08 - Taken by BorntoPlay
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-9A64DE9F249B0753 - Taken by Terra_Ex
Astro Tripper -- MB-9EFED08373DE1DAA - Taken by cardinalmind
Blockland -- MB-48BA77CB34C312C3 - Taken by dot
Influx -- MB-92A65E107BAF4704 - Taken by Tesseract - Taken by KenOD

Sarcasm

I found BL1 to be okay CoOp...will BL2 be the same? I am tempted though the GOTY is 20 bucks. I noticed that it doesn't have all the 44 dlc, but is most of them just aesthetics or something?

I found BL1 to be okay CoOp...will BL2 be the same? I am tempted though the GOTY is 20 bucks. I noticed that it doesn't have all the 44 dlc, but is most of them just aesthetics or something?

There is some mission DLC (a series of packs called Headhunters) not included in the GOTY, because most of it came out after the GOTY edition, but most of it is character customization options. The Borderlands 2 co-op experience is basically the same as the first game.

I should have not played Civ5 today. I started this around 10pm last night and now its 9:30am.

The "One more turn" syndrome played me well. Played me good.

Here's a query. Nuuvem is having a Bioshock Sale. Bioshock 2 is 6.99 real, which works out to about $2.94 USD. What are the chances you get Minerva's Den with that?

If it's a retail key, the chances are good, right?

I tried to bite, but got a "this product is not available for purchase in your region" message. I'm guessing a VPN would solve that, but I also don't read Spanish :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Valve updated the top bar of the store page and replaced the Linux butt with a Linux + SteamOS button.

That just looks... bad.

It looks like they only made the change for the English language store. My guess is that too many other translations didn't have room to add the Linux + SteamOS button, or they just haven't gotten around to it yet.

They've got to do something about that top bar...

It's honestly bad design asthetic to have an empty space on that bar that is less wide than any of the other buttons. Psychologically it causes the mind to interpret this as a break in the cohesion of the overall design. In other words, it now psychologically separates the content on the left (the buttons) from the content on the right (the search).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom