• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won this from the generous JakeD, before finding out it was just added to the BeMine 11 bundle. D'oh! I'll be more careful in future!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

1953 -- MB-9FC62E16DC17B5BA - Taken by tylergregg. 3 entrants total.

t1391743722z1.png

Did Borderlands 2 stop giving card drops? Mine says none remaining

Just got my third and final card. Maybe I just got in before they fixed the bug?

EDIT: Also just checked the Badges page and the game is includes in my list of games eligible for booster pack drops. Will check again after the free weekend is over.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Weird, Sideway New York worked perfectly for me. Reached the 3rd level, and it's actually a fun game so far. It runs a bit choppy, but it's still playable. Sad to hear it doesn't work for some, and that it has game-breaking bugs.

Backlogger

I'm glad these Amnesia Fortnight pitch videos are short. I don't have a long attention span for these sorts of things. Pretty cool ideas so far.

Eras of Adventure is an awesome idea btw

Speaking of cards: anyone know why some of them for 99 Spirits have jumped in price from around $0.35 to just over $1 in the past day? I have a few and am wondering if I should sell them for a quick buck (or three).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It seems like he does have a press account. His profile shows every game owned if I go to it without using ES.

The Press Master sub isn't quite as comprehensive as the Steam Master sub as publishers can opt to exclude titles from it. It lacks Wheelman, for example. :(

After the Linux version of CS:GO is release, the only apps that would still need to be ported are Alien Swarm, Left 4 Dead, and Source FilmMaker. I wonder if Valve will port those three?

Ports of the games will surely happen at some point and SFM is a distinct possibility also seeing as Valve made the effort of porting over the Source SDK to Mac and Linux.

I think I hear hellgates opening.

Z0RgUJP.jpg

My PM count is gradually catching up to my game count. I'd love to say it's because I'm popular but, no, I'd guess at this point that at least 70% of them are from ModBot.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Interstellar Marines -- MB-54C00041C02B1884 - Taken by Kirosia. 2 entrants total.
Dollar Dash -- MB-94721AD35F69A35C - Taken by maneil99. 4 entrants total.

t1391744937z1.png

maneil99

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Interstellar Marines -- MB-54C00041C02B1884 - Taken by Kirosia. 2 entrants total.
Dollar Dash -- MB-94721AD35F69A35C - Taken by maneil99. 4 entrants total.

t1391744937z1.png

Thanks for DD

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I forgot how do u activate steam keys on Desura?

You activate Desura keys on Desura client or their website.

Once you've downloaded Desura, open it up and click on the Desura logo at the top left. Click on Tools and then Activate game CD key or gift.
If by website. http://www.desura.com/gifts

If you mean get a key for one of your games, if offered, through Desura. It's the website I linked above with your games collection listed and you click on Keys under options. Any Steam key will be there if offered for your version.

JaseC

I forgot how do u activate steam keys on Desura?

I take it you mean to ask how to obtain Steam keys from Desura? If it's a key for a particular game you added individually, just go to your collection page and click the "Keys" link opposite the game title; for games you added to Desura via Indie Royale (i.e. you added the whole bundle to your Desura account), you need to do this:

Freedom Fall keys have gone out for Indie Royale Sigma Bundle purchasers: you need to tie the bundle to your account by clicking the link on your collection page and then view your Desura collection from within the client to obtain your key (Desura icon -> History -> Gifts History -> "your collection" link -> Freedom Fall -> Keys -> Get Steam Key).

We haven't had a huge giveaway in a while.

100 or 150 games?

What is Modbot's limit?

I gave away 235 keys late last year and it was fine.

JaseC

You say fine, but ModBot had some trouble walking afterwards.

Haha, the number was supposed to be a little higher, but I stuffed up while finalising an Indie Gala purchase: I used @internode.net rather than @internode.on.net when filling in my e-mail address, so I missed out on the two bonus bundles for having bought the bundle in the opening week. In hindsight I probably should have contacted IG Support.

Anyone know if the desktop client will also get the music stuff?

Yes, a desktop UI is in the works. My guess is that it'll launch alongside playlist support.

Stitch

Gold Member
ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Sideway New York -- MB-3865ECACFFCF1A5D - Taken by VikasNarula
Astro Tripper -- MB-752FCD4CB4630FD1 - Taken by GaussTek

Some extras:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Humble Weekly Codemasters Tier 1 -- MB-E299CFF90568C151 - Taken by KenOD
Interstellar Marines -- MB-C3E4ED651257E9E9 - Taken by feel
ulgzbKC.png
Cubicity (Desura) -- MB-303CB8D2202C385F
ulgzbKC.png
Shufflepuck Cantina (Desura) -- MB-893D6B5178AC12AB - Taken by kulapik
ulgzbKC.png
Ultionus (Desura) -- MB-08FC2C19E6C8784C
Infected: The Twin Vaccine -- MB-64863674B918F174 - Taken by Tesseract
Rush Bros -- MB-36E911798F8863B3 - Taken by Nabs
ulgzbKC.png
The Body Changer (Desura) -- MB-12BF90A5DB9A70FD

JaseC

How much of a single player Campaign are they adding to Interstellar Marines? MP is dead by the looks of it.

As far as I'm aware the length of the campaign hasn't been quantified, but supposedly it's the "main meat" of the game and where most of ZPS' energy is focused.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why is no one hyping up Jazzpunk, I'm watching the quicklook and it looks amazing o_O

KenOD

I hope I don't regret taking Rush Bros. Thanks!

You won't, quite the fun race-platformer.

Some extras:

Many thanks for Overlord and the rest. I'm quite interested in seeing if the Operation Flashpoint is as bad and mind-numbing as some in other threads have said they are, or if it's really just a not-bad, but not-great military shooter like certain reviews have stated.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I've had these non-Steam keys for quite some time now. They're free for any member that wants to take them, no need to bother ModBot for this. Quote to see them.

Origin:
Crysis 2

Mirror's Edge

Burnout Paradise

Desura:
Fibrillation

Oniken

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ModBot should be able to handle as many as 1500-2000 keys in a single giveaway (which would probably start to approach the post character limit of 24,000 characters per post), with a few obvious limitations; since it can only process 3 giveaways every 45 seconds, a 1500 key giveaway would take 19 hours consecutively to clear out, during which the thread would go through thousands of posts, most of which would be "lol wow that giveaway is big". There's also some risk that the edits would fail on the vBulletin side of things I guess.

I think the biggest giveaways have been 250-300 at a time.

Personally I'd say if you went over, say, 100 keys you might consider splitting them up just to spread them out a little bit more. There are a few things on the giveaway-generating side of things that would start to bog down a little bit after that size.

Finally raised enough card money to buy a $5 game (Paper Sorcerer).
Thankfully I had other things to occupy my time while I idled through crappy titles.

Double Dragon Neon will probably get a sale by the time I save enough card dosh to get it.

KenOD

Oh no, I thought I was safe. Steam just gave me five more Killing Floor guest passes. This marks the number up to 44 total. Easy enough to just give away sure, but why does this keep happening?

KenOD

Oh right, I have terrible memory when it comes to things and most everything else not work related. Well Costume Quest is the only I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom