• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Here are the prototypes from 2012 Amnesia Fortnight. It's a humble bundle gift url link, naturally.
Autonomous, Black Lake, Hack n' Slash, Space DF-9 and The White Birch.
Good luck.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Amnesia Fortnight 2012 Steam Key -- MB-21D99708CA64CCCE - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 5 entrants total.

t1391720503z1.png

JordanKZ

For anyone who has Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 from Steam
Are there any mods to get them to run at 60 FPS assuming the original games were 60 FPS? For that matter any recommended visual mods to use?

As someone has already said, Sonic Adventure 2 runs at 60fps. You're shit out of luck when it comes to SA1, at least when I last looked into it.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Amnesia Fortnight 2012 Prototypes -- MB-B819848D94CD309D - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt. 2 entrants total.

t1391720996z1.png

Derrick01

Banned
That Child of Light trailer...

Is it me, or has Ubi's (non-AAA) output been outstanding lately? Gunslinger, Blood Dragon, Might & Magic X, Stick of Truth and this...

South Park is a full priced, full length game. It's not a reduced version of an older AAA game with the same bad design so they can get some more money out of the engine and assets they created like some of those others.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Tried In-Home streaming today (no real reason to, both computers are completely capable of running games) and I was really impressed by it.

Sure, playing games on a computer that's not your own is fucking crazy shennanigans, since mouse sensitivity is all out of whack, but... I was really impressed by it.

Time to never use it ever again.

Turfster

Oh. Thought the site got messed up when the checkmarks next to the Pendleton Ward stuff weren't greyed out, but it was a "hey, if you want to vote for this, you need to pay more more" thing. Sorry, DF, but I can't stand the guy and all those pitches were incredibly lame.
Gimme another vote for the pitches that deserve it, because there's way more than 3 that interest me. =p

Milamber

Just got back from Premiere screening of The LEGO Movie and all these amazing bundles popped up. I got the Groupees and checked my previous bundles from them and was incredibly surprised of the amount of Desura only games in bundles there that got steam keys added later. I'm gonna check the other bundle sites I got and compare later.

What else did I miss?

ArjanN

Double Dragon Neon - $9.99

Picked up Double Dragon Neon and I love it.

The soundtrack is awesome, and the gleam mechanic actually makes the gameplay pretty interesting for a brawler.

I can see how the faux-80s motif might turn some people off at first, but I find it pretty hilarious in game.

Tellaerin

I see nothing wrong with Ultionus: A Tale Of Petty Revenge at all. As action platformers with shooting it's actually quite decent in the retro (late age) ZX Spectrum, Amstrad, Amiga, NES, SEGA Master System style of stiff jumps, stand still and shoot, constant enemy respawn, etc.

It's by no means an exciting game, a decent shoot-em-up at section and the rest the action platformer that both stand firmly in the "been there, done that" category, but competent all the same and as a gift or cheap bundle purchase I say it's worth it. It's better than replaying Zillion II at worst.

Spent about a half hour playing Ultionus just now, and I'm enjoying it well enough. The pixel art's really nice, the music's great (Jake Kaufman really nailing the retro feel), and while the gameplay's a little... I don't want to say "clunky" or "stiff", because it's not that, exactly... maybe "deliberate"? While the gameplay's a little deliberate, it's not offputtingly so, while still evoking the feel of the games it's referencing. It's taking me back to my Amiga days. I can see myself playing it on and off and eventually finishing it.

There needs to be a Lego Sexy Beach 3. I mean, I'm sure one could recreate the basics of the gameplay with actual legos, but, I mean, you know. Immersion.

You'd need more bikini bricks. (Brickinis?)

batteryLeakage

Neo Member
Looks like CS:GO for Linux could be releasing real soon. It popped into my games list briefly and promptly disappeared. Also Insurgency, which is based off the CS:GO build of Source, now has Linux listed under supported systems at SteamDB.

jediyoshi

Looks like CS:GO for Linux could be releasing real soon. It popped into my games list briefly and promptly disappeared. Also Insurgency, which is based off the CS:GO build of Source, now has Linux listed under supported systems at SteamDB.

Just in time for the new CSGO gun hats
(stickers)
they introduced. They've been on a roll lately with Dota2/CSGO patches.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Sorry if already known/posted, but something pretty nifty will be launching Friday morning. Nothing amazing, and it only affects the store page, but it's a nice addition for some devs.

Nabs

Some lovely DLC from Sega:

278130/name: Typing of the Dead: Overkill - Make War not Love (278130) Depot
278131/name: Typing of the Dead: Overkill - Love at First Bite (278131) Depot

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
For anyone who has Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 from Steam
Are there any mods to get them to run at 60 FPS assuming the original games were 60 FPS? For that matter any recommended visual mods to use?
SA1 on Steam is so gross.

Please no... most painful memory from that game, even over getting hit after 197 lightning dodges.

Some bundle extras

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete -- MB-5023D53714BDE242 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 2 entrants total.
IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 -- MB-687A5F58C176AC1B - Taken by Seanspeed. 2 entrants total.
Sid Meiers Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies -- MB-1E78861E25422BB9 - Taken by Eanan. 1 entrants total.
Sid Meiers Ace Patrol -- MB-100C6622C7B01E85 - Taken by Nabs. 2 entrants total.
Party of Sin -- MB-7243B4E2B58C2429 - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.
Miner Wars 2081 -- MB-EC0FFDBB7C4E3B38 - Taken by Diedac. 1 entrants total.

t1391725541z1.png

Say you just received an rpg maker vx booster pack.

Lowest marketplace price: $3, 4 in stock

Regular cards sell for ~50c. Foils sell for $4-$9.

What do you do?

What. Do. You. Do?

batteryLeakage

Neo Member
Just in time for the new CSGO gun hats
(stickers)
they introduced. They've been on a roll lately with Dota2/CSGO patches.

Ah that makes sense. I always figured they would hold off on CS:GO until some major development. Although this isn't quite the scale of update I was expecting. I thought it might coincide with the rumored Free-to-Play CS:GO. I still figure that will happen eventually, but with CS:GO constantly in the top sellers list I guess there is no incentive yet.

After the Linux version of CS:GO is release, the only apps that would still need to be ported are Alien Swarm, Left 4 Dead, and Source FilmMaker. I wonder if Valve will port those three?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is the Double Fine Humble Bundle all together or is it individual and I can gift the non-Psychonaunts stuff away?

Knurek

South Park is a full priced, full length game.

Still, it was probably made on less than 10% of AssCreed budget. I wouldn't call it exactly AAA. AA maybe?

It's not a reduced version of an older AAA game with the same bad design so they can get some more money out of the engine and assets they created like some of those others.

I'm not sure what you are talking about? Blood Dragon reused the FC3 engine, but had original assets AFAIK.

Card Boy

Banned
wow Loadout is pretty decent. Business model doesn't seem greedy and looks fair from first glace. Mind you i only just played 2 matches.

jediyoshi

After the Linux version of CS:GO is release, the only apps that would still need to be ported are Alien Swarm, Left 4 Dead, and Source FilmMaker. I wonder if Valve will port those three?

I don't see them doing SFM. Even if they ported all their own tools over, there couldn't possibly be a benefit given how many wrenches are thrown into the workflow once you include actual artist programs and plugins dependent on Windows.

Alien Swarm seems like a safe bet, but I don't see the point of doing L4D1 if they've got L4D2 at this point.

Nabs

I think my enhanced steam is wigging out, EatChildren gets listed as owning every game. Does he have a press account?

Probably a press account for RocketChainsaw.

wow Loadout is pretty decent. Business model doesn't seem greedy and looks fair from first glace. Mind you i only just played 2 matches.

Yeah, I had a good time yesterday. I made a rocket launcher and hopped around for a bit. I am not a fan of capture the flag, but TDM and Kill Confirmed are a lot of fun.

edit: thanks spindoctor. now I have two princes stuck in my head.

Card Boy

Banned
Yeah, I had a good time yesterday. I made a rocket launcher and hopped around for a bit. I am not a fan of capture the flag, but TDM and Kill Confirmed are a lot of fun.

From my understanding you can't pay for power? Just cosmetics, loudout slots and xp/coin boosters? You get like 3 slots for free when you reach level 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom