• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to click the gift icon next to the a steam redeem button and use the generated link to gift. If the humble bundle gives separate redeem button then you can gift the games separately

Thanks. I'm a stupid and forgot I had the modbot guide bookmarked to answer my question. I'm probably blind too, because I barely noticed there was a gift icon by each game to generate the link.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition -- MB-9909E0189534178F - Taken by C4rter. 7 entrants total.
Stacking -- MB-42DDDEBFC5EBBBC3 - Taken by Teppic. 3 entrants total.
Costume Quest -- MB-1CC70862B7BB7DF7 - Taken by bkw. 4 entrants total.
Psychonauts -- MB-539F16A81130759A - Taken by yuraya. 3 entrants total.
Sid Meiers Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies -- MB-08E52A010179044D - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.
Sid Meiers Ace Patrol -- MB-F0FBEF2E015EF0B1 - Taken by Cth. 1 entrants total.
Sid Meyer's Civilization III Complete -- MB-22BB86134BA4A6E8 - Taken by NingenJanai. 2 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Railroads! -- MB-05F41F2DCEEAB7B1 - Taken by YianGaruga. 1 entrants total.

t1391756054z1.png

Relax.MX

I feel weird, Dead Island Epidemic is not shit like the ¨main series¨. Have L4D type of missions, with a Diablo gameplay and perspective and with some inspiration in the skills of moba. Need a lot of work, like more customization more speed in the combat but was a fun ride.

Yeah? I don't see any issue with your sibling playing like, SP CoD while you're online playing dota. The offline segment can just sync later when it goes online.

I don't see this happening because for all I know the appid is the only thing which differentiates the games apart. and you can edit that .txt file and steam thinks you're playing a different game from what you're actually playing.

_hekk05

Banned
CANCEL LAST CANCEL LAST.

Did not realise anyone who won a giveaway from ModBot in the last day could not enter.

That makes much more sense

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't see this happening because for all I know the appid is the only thing which differentiates the games apart. and you can edit that .txt file and steam thinks you're playing a different game from what you're actually playing.

The appid trick disables Steam integration in the executable the steam_appid.txt file is tied to (unless the app id is the correct one, of course) -- everything from the overlay's screenshot function to online play won't work. Obviously this isn't much an issue in regard to single-player titles unless you're particular about achievements, but it renders online games useless.

Interstellar Marines is looking like it's shaping up nicely. It might just be the sci fi + tactical like fps I've been looking for to scratch my suddenly surging fps itch.

DocSeuss

So many copies of Interstellar Marines floating around, has anyone actually played it?

Yup.

It's not near complete. There's no single-player content yet, which is, y'know, why I bought the game. FOV doesn't feel right.

The potential is there, but, uh, Early Access.

These guys were doing crowdfunding before Kickstarter existed. It's just been ridiculously slow.

C4rter

I won Civ IV from WhiskeyDiver (Thanks again) but somehow it redeemed twice into my account. How is this even possible?
unbenanntw0sd2.jpg

Restarted Steam already, no change.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
JaseC actually has clocked 62 hours in the last two weeks, which is a lot higher than mine, I didn't expect that.

You can see how many hours people look into games?

Don't look at mine >_>

JaseC

JaseC actually has clocked 62 hours in the last two weeks, which is a lot higher than mine, I didn't expect that.

That's all idling outside of the ~10 hours of AssCreed Lib and ~1 hour of Pool Nation. ;) I managed to rack up 11.5 hours in ResiEvil Revs because I forgot I had it open and didn't realise this until the next morning, haha.

_hekk05

Banned
So many copies of Interstellar Marines floating around, has anyone actually played it?

I looked at it. Couldn't find a setting to change FOV, which I don't like. Found that you could change mouse sensitivity for both hip-fire and ADS, which is really nice.

No melee. You can reload when zoomed in or when you are running, so no reload cancel shit like in COD.

Gun kicks in a believable way. Kicks up, and both left and right when you spray. Tight, short bursts are the way to go. Also, a headshot seems to be an instant kill when I tested on dummies.

Game currently gives me less fps than NS2, which is honestly a travesty. Fps, while low, is also really stable for some reason, definitely needs to be improved.

No single player. Multiplayer servers are essentially EU and US. Pings of 300+ everywhere for Singapore (though I'm on public wifi now). Hopefully they allow private servers and stuff.

EdmondD

Would anyone be interested in an Elder Scrolls Online beta key? I actually want to check out the game myself but I have limited HD space right now. I might as well not let it go to waste and give to the cool people of Steam GAF.
I will pm the code to the first person to quote this post. Hopefully the game is not as bad as GAF says ;)

JaseC

The Mac listings add to your game count as well. It's kind of obnoxious. :p

They add to your library game count but not your actual game count. The only Mac-specific apps on Steam are the two Black Ops OSX apps (it also has the dubious honour of being the one and only Mac game on Steam that isn't SteamPlay).

Edit: Oh thank god, I thought I managed to double-post again.

Cth

Would anyone be interested in an Elder Scrolls Online beta key? I actually want to check out the game myself but I have limited HD space right now. I might as well not let it go to waste and give to the cool people of Steam GAF.
I will pm the code to the first person to quote this post. Hopefully the game is not as bad as GAF says ;)

EDIT:
Just saw the requirements.. yikes.. sorry. I'm in the same boat it seems.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
What's the deal with Steam Family Sharing? Any idea when it will go public or how frequently they hand out invites?

Yup.

It's not near complete. There's no single-player content yet, which is, y'know, why I bought the game. FOV doesn't feel right.

The potential is there, but, uh, Early Access.

These guys were doing crowdfunding before Kickstarter existed. It's just been ridiculously slow.

I looked at it. Couldn't find a setting to change FOV, which I don't like. Found that you could change mouse sensitivity for both hip-fire and ADS, which is really nice.

No melee. You can reload when zoomed in or when you are running, so no reload cancel shit like in COD.

Gun kicks in a believable way. Kicks up, and both left and right when you spray. Tight, short bursts are the way to go. Also, a headshot seems to be an instant kill when I tested on dummies.

Game currently gives me less fps than NS2, which is honestly a travesty. Fps, while low, is also really stable for some reason, definitely needs to be improved.

No single player. Multiplayer servers are essentially EU and US. Pings of 300+ everywhere for Singapore (though I'm on public wifi now). Hopefully they allow private servers and stuff.
I guess I'll wait a while before I play this then, I'm surprised it didn't die in the development hell.

That's all idling outside of the ~10 hours of AssCreed Lib and ~1 hour of Pool Nation. ;) I managed to rack up 11.5 hours in ResiEvil Revs because I forgot I had it open and didn't realise this until the next morning, haha.
You got me good!

Nabs

What's the deal with Steam Family Sharing? Any idea when it will go public or how frequently they hand out invites?

Man, you're like the greatest distant relative ever now.

I don't know how often they send out invites, but most of my friends got in within a few days. They don't always send out emails, so join the group, the steam beta, and keep track of the family tab in your settings window.

JaseC

Invites went out regularly between late September and ~mid October but it seems none have been handed out since. I'd guess Valve is preparing to open the beta up.

DocSeuss

It doesn't work for me at all. I am sharing games with a friend, and she's sharing with me, but I can't see her games at all. I had downloaded and installed Gone Home, and Steam showed me that game and that game alone when it removed sharing. [FRIEND]'S GAMES, it said, with only Gone Home. Double click, I get sent to Steam store. BUY THIS.

Frustrated. Want to try with someone else.

EDIT: I realize that's not what you wanted. Been meaning to say something in here for a while.

I have a beta code too, anyone interested?

Can someone here invite me into the neogaf steam group? Thanks
Plus, can someone tell me how is the Steam Music thing-y?
EDIT:profile is Sir Blaming

Deques

It doesn't work for me at all. I am sharing games with a friend, and she's sharing with me, but I can't see her games at all. I had downloaded and installed Gone Home, and Steam showed me that game and that game alone when it removed sharing. [FRIEND]'S GAMES, it said, with only Gone Home. Double click, I get sent to Steam store. BUY THIS.

EDIT: I realize that's not what you wanted. Been meaning to say something in here for a while.

Make sure that your computer is still authorized in her account. My brother got some similar problem, it turned out that his computer needed to be authorized again

Invite sent

They add to your library game count but not your actual game count. The only Mac-specific apps on Steam are the two Black Ops OSX apps (it also has the dubious honour of being the one and only Mac game on Steam that isn't SteamPlay).

Edit: Oh thank god, I thought I managed to double-post again.
Are you sure? I was at 212 games on my profile, but Civ IV Complete brought me up to 220 all by itself.

neoanarch

Sharing is still a bit buggy. The games will drop randomly. The fix is pretty easy your friend or you need to login to your friends account and reset the family sharing.

Nabs

I wonder if your Steam account is authorized. I know your computer is, but you may have missed your username (they added that in recently). Have her check the Family tab to see if there's a checkmark next to your name.

If that doesn't work... err... I got nothing. I guess starting fresh by clearing everything is worth trying.

Steam Music is a very basic music player. It's great if you're like me and want to control your music with a controller while playing NFS or something similar.

I looked at it. Couldn't find a setting to change FOV

No melee.

Ouch ouch and ouch. Hopefully they fix these things as development progresses. The lack of an FoV option is probably just an oversight atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom