• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backlogger

How do I know how many giveaways I've made with modbot?

Checkout the Giving Away Steam Keys with ModBot thread for all the tips and tricks

I want to see a full list of stuff I've won / I want to see a full list of stuff I've given away that has not been claimed
Send a PM to ModBot with the subject my loot--anything else you put in the subject line doesn't matter, anything you put in the body doesn't matter. Wait a few minutes (this is a low priority operation) and you'll receive a PM with a full inventory of everything you've won from ModBot as well as everything you've given away that is not claimed. If you haven't won anything and you have no unclaimed games, you won't receive a PM.

yuraya

ModBot should be able to handle as many as 1500-2000 keys in a single giveaway

lXTshNP.gif

Khronico

Well, just played some of the bundle games I got:

Redshirt: I'm not sure why but I'm really enjoying this one. It's so strange too, it's like a dating/life sim with a sci fi twist. Also the main mechanic is social media interaction? It's weird. The only problem I had is it gets to be a bit of a grind later on, but still a fun little game.

Shufflepuck Cantina: Holy crap this game is awesome. It's basically the best version of table hockey I have played. Top notch stuff, everyone should try it out.

Aerena: Uh, seems strange, not sure how to play it. I'll try and give it a fair shake tomorrow but for now it seems... ok.

Interstellar Marines: Other than the fact that I have to play it at 640x480 to get a stable framerate, I'm still enjoying this one. Not much to say other than it's a competitive FPS with interesting dynamic maps (day/night cycles, weather, etc). VERY barebones.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does he mean total games given away? If so doesn't the part I quoted answer it? Or am I missing something?

The portion of the ModBot FAQ you've quoted pertains to games one has won or those that one has given away but are unclaimed.

Edit: Ifhsaoifjoiasjfoisafhoisah

Backlogger

The portion of the ModBot FAQ you've quoted pertains to games one has won or those that one has given away but are unclaimed.

Edit: Ifhsaoifjoiasjfoisafhoisah

Ah yeah, my bad. For some reason I thought my loot command gave you everything. I guess all you can really do is go through your receipts assuming you haven't deleted the messages

Edit: So how disappointed can I expect to be by playing Elder Scrolls Online beta this weekend? I just finished installing everything.

JaseC

Ah yeah, my bad. For some reason I thought my loot command gave you everything. I guess all you can really do is go through your receipts assuming you haven't deleted the messages

Edit: So how disappointed can I expect to be by playing Elder Scrolls Online beta this weekend? I just finished installing everything.

If you go in expecting the worst perhaps you'll be slightly surprised. ;) Speaking of ESO, I find it odd that it's apparently skipping Steam. I suppose Zenimax believes the brand is strong enough for the game to stand on its own.

Some duplicates, enjoy.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Pixel Junk Shooter -- MB-648F5557A86462B3 - Taken by Kirosia
1953 KGB Unleashed -- MB-6D2E71D932178859 - Taken by ricochetguro
IL2 Sturmokiv 1946 -- MB-0CE111084D1A71CB - Taken by topyy
Rush Bros -- MB-027158FCF41D54AE - Taken by morningbus

Turfster

If you go in expecting the worst perhaps you'll be slightly surprised. ;) Speaking of ESO, I find it odd that it's apparently skipping Steam. I suppose Zenimax believes the brand is strong enough for the game to stand on its own.

Hey, they already believe they can do a MMO with a monthly subscription in this day and age. What's one delusion more at this time after they already have such a whopper? =p

_hekk05

Banned
Was i blacklisted from ModBot lol? I entered for 1953, but I waited for a full minute before the key was given to someone else.

Backlogger

It will arrive on Steam in the same patch that makes it F2P ;)

I think I could enjoy it but at 60 bucks and a 15 sub I would rather focus on the 100s of games in my backlog. At least with the beta I can try it out without spending any money.

Volimar

It will arrive on Steam in the same patch that makes it F2P ;)

I think I could enjoy it but at 60 bucks and a 15 sub I would rather focus on the 100s of games in my backlog. At least with the beta I can try it out without spending any money.

Same here. Once I get a taste of the beta, I'll make mt decision. Leaning towards a purchase though.

ModBot said:
Instructions for crimsonheadGCN:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Aerena -- MB-55F9409AA77FEE29 - Taken by kulapik. 3 entrants total.
IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 -- MB-0A3D69FD6FAB716C - Taken by Shalashaska. 5 entrants total.
Interstellar Marines -- MB-60664AFA9D7E0F02 - Taken by Servizio. 11 entrants total.
Interstellar Marines #2 -- MB-E7CFF6D3C79D574C - Taken by EdmondD. 6 entrants total.

t1391764378z1.png

Enjoy.

"disabled family sharing in offline mode"

What?

I didn't have any issues playing it on my win8.1 x64 system. Could be drivers.
Maybe you're one of the lucky ones. But I know a lot of purchasers are struggling with this issue.

Like I said, good thing the devs are looking into it.

Backlogger

Thanks, seems there are 2 unclaimed games, can I still make a new giveaway for them? The 'nuke' option is confusing me sadly @_@

If you register the unclaimed keys in a new giveaway it will automatically cancel the giveaway codes from the previous giveaway. Not sure how nuking works either

I haven't done a modbot giveaway with a humble bundle yet. Is there a way to split the games up in the bundle so there is more than one winner? It's been awhile since I've bought a humble bundle and didn't just log into steam to add all the games to my acct at once.

Tizoc

If you register the unclaimed keys in a new giveaway it will automatically cancel the giveaway codes from the previous giveaway. Not sure how nuking works either

Ah so it generates new codes for them so they could still be claimed if I make a giveaway of them? Thanks, just need to be certain no one's claimed them from a previous giveaway >_>

JaseC

You smartass. You know I mean "why" :p

;) Probably because it was essentially a loophole that afforded concurrent access to the one library -- this isn't allowed while online (when the account owner plays a game, any game, while the secondary user is also playing a shared game, the latter receives a few minutes' warning before being booted out) but until now the restriction could be avoided by authorising a device, downloading the desired games and then switching to Offline Mode.

Extra

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

1953 -- MB-29E3FFA020C249E3 - Taken by Relax.MX

Deques

I haven't done a modbot giveaway with a humble bundle yet. Is there a way to split the games up in the bundle so there is more than one winner? It's been awhile since I've bought a humble bundle and didn't just log into steam to add all the games to my acct at once.
You have to click the gift icon next to the a steam redeem button and use the generated link to gift. If the humble bundle gives separate redeem button then you can gift the games separately

Gvaz

Banned
;) Probably because it was essentially a loophole that afforded concurrent access to the one library -- this isn't allowed while online (when the account owner plays a game, any game, while the secondary user is also playing a shared game, the latter receives a few minutes' warning before being booted out) but until now the restriction could be avoided by authorising a device, downloading the desired games and then switching to Offline Mode.

Yeah? I don't see any issue with your sibling playing like, SP CoD while you're online playing dota. The offline segment can just sync later when it goes online.

JaseC

Yeah? I don't see any issue with your sibling playing like, SP CoD while you're online playing dota. The offline segment can just sync later when it goes online.

Yeah, I expect Valve to loosen the restriction eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom