• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

When can we expect to get keys from IndieRoyale for The Debut 8 bundle games?
Both Love and Hero Siege shows up Steam key info in Desura but when pressing the button this comes up:
"You need to get keys from Indie Royale where this game was purchased."

I did some research and found solution, you can find Hero Siege key but only from client, browser doesn't work, and Love has no key added, just checked.

ups double posted, so upset now :(

Benedict

I did some research and found solution, you can find Hero Siege key but only from client, browser doesn't work, and Love has no key added, just checked.

ups double posted, so upset now :(

Thanks for the tip.
Both Hero Siege and Love gave me keys this way.

Caerith

I've seen posts on the forum from the dev saying that the Steam version contains everything, BUT the condition in the code for SAFE MODE is forced ON.
That's why I've seen people say that a save on the demo with SAFE MODE OFF transfered to Steam works.

(i.e. all the files are there, they just don't get used when playing the Steam one)

Again, I have no concrete evidence of this.

EDIT: read this: http://steamcommunity.com/app/257970/discussions/0/630802978936809266/#c540732347084446488

If you want to be 100% sure to not suffer from censorship, buy the game off the developer's site.

I think the version on the developer's site is the same as the Steam version-- the only way you can toggle safe mode off is by loading your save in the demo. I'm 99% sure of this, but the game's too expensive at the moment-- and not really that good from what I've played of the demo-- to test it and be 100% sure.

Leg-End

I'm really loving The Witcher 2 after finally getting around to playing it but now towards the end of Chapter 2 its borderline unplayable, just crashing constantly. I read there is some kind of issue with having too many saves, can't even delete them because it crashes when trying to.

Urgh.

I'm really loving The Witcher 2 after finally getting around to playing it but now towards the end of Chapter 2 its borderline unplayable, just crashing constantly. I read there is some kind of issue with having too many saves, can't even delete them because it crashes when trying to.

Urgh.

I wanted to replay it. Tried out that combat mod, but I never got the hang of it with a controller, so I got rid of it. Then I bought The Witcher 1, which I now want to play first, so TW2 jumped back in my replay backlog to "when I feel like it".

Skyblue

Banned
What the hell did they do to the steam homepage? I really don't want more early access crap shoved in my face when I want to buy something, at least I can block that crap on the website but you can't do shit on the client, I really hate steam becoming second rate kick-starter.

sigh

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
What the hell did they do to the steam homepage? I really don't want more early access crap shoved in my face when I want to buy something, at least I can block that crap on the website but you can't do shit on the client, I really hate steam becoming second rate kick-starter.

sigh

how is it shoved in your face?

Mikaju

Did Aspyr make Black ops 1 Steamplay? I have blops 4 times in my library on Mac side. Black ops OSX + Black ops multiplayer OSX by Aspyr, and Black Ops + MP by Treyarch. I am just installing Treyarch version to see if it works.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Lets see:

New Releases: Early Access

Don't you think its a bit excessive?

FYI - Valve removed Early Access games from the new releases section quite a while back. At least until the games get "actually released".

Tellaerin

Lets see:

Now Available tab: Early Access.
Recently Updated: Early Access
Featured Games: Early Access
Steam Headlines: Early Access

I suppose it is if you hate all Early Access games on principle. :p For someone who has no issues with Early Access titles, it's just like seeing any other game there.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Now Available: Custom curated
Recently updated: Rules limit developers access
Featured games: Custom curated
New releases: Doesn't include early access
Steam headlines: Probably won't exist much longer

Here's a chance to get into The Elder Scrolls Online beta. There is an NDA and no Steam key. Also this is saving time from signing up to Curse and getting a key.

Create your account by visiting https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/register/account-information

Once youve finished creating and verifying your account, click Redeem Key button on the main My Account Page to register your beta key.

When the process is complete, youll be able to download the game client from your Account Page.

Use the username and password you registered to login and play the game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for crimsonheadGCN:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Elder Scrolls Online -- MB-F2D32F223B118319 - Taken by Intheflorsh. 4 entrants total.

t1391806500z1.png

Dolor

Lets see:

Now Available tab: Early Access.
Recently Updated: Early Access
Featured Games: Early Access
Steam Headlines: Early Access

Given that early access games continue to top the charts in sales, your problem might be more with people willing to buy them. Frankly, by highlighting them, Valve appears to be giving people more info about the games they are wanting to buy as demonstrated by sales.

I agree with the change to take them out of new releases though. That seemed premature.

EDIT: Note: I personally have not bought any early access games as I prefer to play completed games.

jediyoshi

This is what I've boiled my steam home page down to using custom css

GCAlP3M.png

Would be a neat feature in ES to disable modules we didn't want

Caerith

sigh

Have they? I haven't looked at the home page for months.

I'm curious what prompted that first post.

GCAlP3M.png

Which features would you keep? I pretty much only ever look at the dailies and midweek/weekend stuff.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

You may have noticed when editing that CSS that Valve didn't ID most of the div tags (sections) of the homepage. While it would be possible to allow you to "edit" the homepage to your liking, as soon as they change something
like they did today
then it would screw up the formatting.

Turfster

Oh, the horror of exposing children to the notion that women have curves! :eek: I mean, it's not like they can see that by looking at the adults around them or anything. >.>

Because all women wear corsets in real li... oh wait.
Also if you're going to sexy your figures up for no reason LEGO, man the fuck up and just spend the money to make actual wasp-waist plastic torsos.
But let's not get into this whole thing again =p

Tenrius

Didn't really enjoy the 20 minutes of Redshirt I just played. The concept sounded pretty fun, but from what I understand it's basically a bar filling game, not particularly well-done, and the jokes weren't that good. Maybe I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom