• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

I love this Lego BBW look. I'd play a videogame adaptation of that.

I want to play a strung out Invisible Woman simulator

bamford_arrested.jpg.CROP.article568-large.jpg

Turfster

Didn't really enjoy the 20 minutes of Redshirt I just played. The concept sounded pretty fun, but from what I understand it's basically a bar filling game, not particularly well-done, and the jokes weren't that good. Maybe I'm wrong.
That's about my takeaway from it too, sadly.

DocSeuss

I love this Lego BBW look. I'd play a videogame adaptation of that.

Seriously, if they left it alone it would look like a Lego Invisible Woman. Instead it looks like a slightly chubby middle aged woman.

Games seem freaked out to mess with different body types for women. I was messing around with Sims 3, and decided to see if I could make bodybuilders of both genders. The female slider ends up at about "congratulations, maybe one day, you'll look back on your life and tell people you thought you were going to be a fitness model and laugh at that!" level. I mean, come on, guys. Get on Dragon's Dogma's level.

Asskicker

My copy of Prey arrived, but I can't seem to be able to activate it on Steam.

Keeps telling me the format is invalid, even though it looks like the format on the steam site: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7

ntvfzwR.jpg

Luckily only paid €2.50 for it, but still. :(

Tellaerin

Because all women wear corsets in real li... oh wait.
Also if you're going to sexy your figures up for no reason LEGO, man the fuck up and just spend the money to make actual wasp-waist plastic torsos.
But let's not get into this whole thing again =p

C'mon, man. Most women don't have bright yellow skin or robot claw hands in real life, either. Legos are hardly realistic representations of... well, anything, really. :p

As far as not making actual curvy torsos go, I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a matter of cost. They can emblazon a print of curves onto the torso the way they do with other patterns, but actually making new molds would require them to spend money.

Caerith

Games seem freaked out to mess with different body types for women. I was messing around with Sims 3, and decided to see if I could make bodybuilders of both genders. The female slider ends up at about "congratulations, maybe one day, you'll look back on your life and tell people you thought you were going to be a fitness model and laugh at that!" level. I mean, come on, guys. Get on Dragon's Dogma's level.

I messed around with the sliders in Final Fantasy XIV. They go from 0 to 100, with 100 being about a 5 on the Saints Row scale (which also goes to 100).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
C'mon, man. Most women don't have bright yellow skin or robot claw hands in real life, either. Legos are hardly realistic representations of... well, anything, really. :p

As far as not making actual curvy torsos go, I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a matter of money. They can emblazon a print of curves onto the torso the way they do with other patterns, but actually making new molds would require them to spend money.

Awww you had to bring logic into the discussion.

As far as not making actual curvy torsos go, I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a matter of cost. They can emblazon a print of curves onto the torso the way they do with other patterns, but actually making new molds would require them to spend money.

You do realize that you're arguing for the sexification of toys, right?

For those of you that had created an account for HAWKEN, they sent out emails recently with a Steam key. The game is officially switching over to Steam today, but only current account holders will have access to it.

nexen

I'd hardly call that "sexification". I mean, do you honestly think anyone would consider those Lego figures "sexy"? o_O

I'd honestly be surprised if there wasn't a sexual subculture based around it. We're talking about humans, you know. They kinky.

Oh how I wish more games would allow for at least the range of body types present in Dragon's Dogma, but then I see people saying that Orchid in the new KI is too buff and manly and I'm left shaking my head.

First noticed it myself in Marvel Lego

IW1.png
It looks like she's got her arms attached by the breasts.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Man, Billie always makes me jump when she blinks out of nowhere in Knife of Dunwall. :lol It's like a mini-jump scare, I'll be creeping all stealthy then bam.

Turfster

Man, Billie always makes me jump when she blinks out of nowhere in Knife of Dunwall. :lol It's like a mini-jump scare, I'll be creeping all stealthy then bam.

I want a Billie game in that other city she goes to. That's how you can continue the franchise, Arkane.

Keeps telling me the format is invalid, even though it looks like the format on the steam site: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7

ntvfzwR.jpg

That should totally work.
At least it's not telling you it's already activated... that would be bad.
Hopefully someone can help you figure out why it's not working for you... I know my copy of Prey looked like that and the key was similar and it ended up working.

mannerbot

That should totally work.
At least it's not telling you it's already activated... that would be bad.
Hopefully someone can help you figure out why it's not working for you... I know my copy of Prey looked like that and the key was similar and it ended up working.

I'll help, just give me the key! 8)

Tellaerin

What else would you call the completely unnecessary curve lines on a Lego?

Guess I don't that as any more "unnecessary" than a Lego head with a lipstick mouth, or anything else that denotes a difference between male and female. Genders are a thing in the real world. Women and men have different physical attributes. I don't see it as a big deal for toys to reflect that. *shrug*

Scotch

Question: can I still use modbot for humble bundle giveaways? Because I don't have the actual key to give away, but a gift redeem link?

random

The Steam keys for Love and Hero Siege from the Debut 8 Bundle, are now available directly from the Indie Royale site.

For some reason I got two keys for both, maybe because I have them from different bundles, or because I fist redeemed the keys from the Desura client and only later saw the redeem buttons on the indie Royale site.

So here are the extra keys, and a repost of the Sturmovik key that VoidZero, who won it in my previous raffle, gave back since he had just won it from a different giveaway.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 -- MB-448A4EED128BB031 - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.
Love -- MB-8605A6F190D880D7 - Taken by adaen. 3 entrants total.
Hero Siege -- MB-D3C2BF9715BB1A8F - Taken by BruteUA. 1 entrants total.

t1391811989z1.png

Question: can I still use modbot for humble bundle giveaways? Because I don't have the actual key to give away, but a gift redeem link?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91136719&postcount=5

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Sure, just list the game title as you usually would and put the URL where the key normally would go. You can also do this for games in your inventory.

ntvfzwR.jpg

my copy looked exactly like that and it activated fine.

Card Boy

Banned

ntvfzwR.jpg

Check that you 0s are not Os, your 8s are not B's or your 1's are not Ls.

Scotch

Alright thanks fellas
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Psychonauts -- MB-52F97698F04393B6 - Taken by Thorgal

Whools

Guess I don't that as any more "unnecessary" than a Lego head with a lipstick mouth, or anything else that denotes a difference between male and female. Genders are a thing in the real world. Women and men have different physical attributes. I don't see it as a big deal for toys to reflect that. *shrug*

Weren't you just arguing for Lego not being culpable because it's an unrealistic medium? Like you say, Lego is hardly realistic representations of people, so why bother adding extra, slightly sexist features to differentiate, when they could just add simple, and relatively harmless features like different hair. Or better yet, they could even just make all their figures genderless/non gender specific and save themselves loads of effort.

MRORANGE

Hi everyone, another busy several days again with work and not posting here... anything I missed?

Last time I checked here properly: Steam Music in BPM beta going up soon, Stick of Truth is Steamworks and something about custom front page content.

Anything I missed during that time?

plznohl3jokes-kthxbai

Wait, stick of truth is steamworks? I won't get to add it to my Uplay account?

NOOOOOOOO, what's the point of even buying retail if the only benefit is saving $20!!!

No tiers, only dreams now.

Perfect :D.

Hi everyone, another busy several days again with work and not posting here... anything I missed?

Last time I checked here properly: Steam Music in BPM beta going up soon, Stick of Truth is Steamworks and something about custom front page content.

plznohl3jokes-kthxbai

Grief was temp banned.
Classy Penguin was perm'd.

The boys and girls are bored so are debating the merits of the sexualisation of Lego.

Yes, really.

Derrick01

Banned

plznohl3jokes-kthxbai

Dead State early access was supposedly going up today but I don't think it has yet.

I care about that anyway :\

Thorgal

plznohl3jokes-kthxbai

Well there was this from GMG about their currency change for EU people :

http://blog.playfire.com/2014/02/psa-currency-changes-on-gmg.html

adaen

The Steam keys for Love and Hero Siege from the Debut 8 Bundle, are now available directly from the Indie Royale site.

For some reason I got two keys for both, maybe because I have them from different bundles, or because I fist redeemed the keys from the Desura client and only later saw the redeem buttons on the indie Royale site.

So here are the extra keys, and a repost of the Sturmovik key that VoidZero, who won it in my previous raffle, gave back since he had just won it from a different giveaway.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91136719&postcount=5

Thanks for Love.

Levyne

Banned

plznohl3jokes-kthxbai

Lords of Shadow 2, still can't pre-order. :(

I'm in the UK and for some reason cannot preorder LEGO the game?
I can buy the DLC but not the actual game. There's no button whatsoever for it. I know its not out in the UK for another 3 weeks or so, but they don't seem to even be letting you preorder it.

I'm guessing next week. Only because they pretty much have to, they can't put it up with only a week left...right?

Konami never makes rational choices when it comes to marketing.

You're trying way too hard to demonize the other side's opinion here.

Dead State early access was supposedly going up today but I don't think it has yet.

stop writing things i like.

Tellaerin

Weren't you just arguing for Lego not being culpable because it's an unrealistic medium? Like you say, Lego is hardly realistic representations of people, so why bother adding extra, slightly sexist features to differentiate, when they could just add simple, and relatively harmless features like different hair. Or better yet, they could even just make all their figures genderless/non gender specific and save themselves loads of effort.

Why should anyone pretend that we're a genderless species? Sexual equality != absence of gender. And depicting women with curves is fundamentally "sexist" and "harmful" (since different hair, unlike curves, are "relatively harmless")? Even young kids are capable of seeing that women have breasts and curves and men don't. :p

I probably shouldn't derail the thread any further, though. If you want to continue this, it may be better to do it through PM's.

You're trying way too hard to demonize the other side's opinion here.

It's not demonizing anyone to say, "Hey, I think this is an overreaction to something that's fundamentally innocuous." Which is exactly what I'm saying here.

MRORANGE

Grief was temp banned.
Classy Penguin was perm'd.

The boys and girls are bored so are debating the merits of the sexualisation of Lego.

Yes, really.

I care about that anyway :\

Well there was this from GMG about their currency change for EU people :

http://blog.playfire.com/2014/02/psa-currency-changes-on-gmg.html

Lords of Shadow 2, still can't pre-order. :(

Oh okay, so nothing major on the Steam front, thanks all, you saved me reading about 50 pages :)

Sad news about Grief, super sad news about Classy Penguin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom