• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Good evening, let's celebrate my return from the terribly stinky depths of ban-hell with a few (more or less) fine pieces of gaming software:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Uplay!!! -> HAWX 2 -- MB-9F9A0FE8B8C42AC5 - Taken by Eanan. 4 entrants total.
Aerena -- MB-9501FDE464C85238 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt. 5 entrants total.
Alan Wake -- MB-BD6CBF5ECAE0FB22 - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 7 entrants total.
Inversion (region locked version) -- MB-E41F2E89D03092A4 - Taken by Maklershed. 3 entrants total.
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy -- MB-B275E6B19D1ABCD5 - Taken by user237. 16 entrants total.
Saturday Morning RPG -- MB-AEC16F6D5FF05BB4 - Taken by Tame. 25 entrants total.

t1391823554z1.png

But I just realized something.... by using 'No winners daily' in my raffle and 'free for all' doesn't the first one prevent anyone from winning more than one game? Or does that get ignored by ModBot in this case?

nexen

Lego is promoting an unrealistic body style to our children. I once had to forcibly extract my daughter from a jar that she was using to reshape her head.

Nabs

Weird. All my categories are gone except for one, and the only games in it are Origin shortcuts. I think EA is mad at me.

epmode

could you not just use a 3rd party program to map mouse onto the left/right keys?

You can but that wouldn't give analog movement.

In this case, though, analog movement would probably screw you over more than it would help. The game is tightly designed around your static movement speed.

random

Oh okay, so nothing major on the Steam front, thanks all, you saved me reading about 50 pages :)

Sad news about Grief, super sad news about Classy Penguin.

One more thing that happened: the latest Steam client beta disables Family Sharing when in offline mode.

Thanks for Love.

Thanks for Hero Siege!

Enjoy the games, and let me know if you have trouble redeeming the codes.

derExperte

Seems like nobody cared for Aqua Kitty - Milk Mine Defender? It's nothing special, just Defender with cute kitties and at the end the difficulty spikes a little too much on 'normal' but damn those kitties are cute. Just look at them and the wonderfully animated 16Bit graphics in general. Plus the soundtrack is lovely so for the price I highly recommend the game if you want a not too complex 2D shooter, got about 5 hours out of it. Only thing missing in online coop but there are leaderboards.

Yeah thought so too. But are you sure he/she is permabanned ? Because I can still see the avatar, or is it always like that ?

That's a glitch and doesn't mean anything, you couldn't see my avatar for example.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Yeah I haven't heard on if Classy was perma'd or not. I know he fucked with the bossman and all but that seemed like a very weird post to get mafia'd on.

Here is a 1953 key from the bundle apparently I won one from toddhunter's without knowing that I too have it with this bundle.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

1953 -- MB-E35CF47741C804CE - Taken by Pakkidis. 3 entrants total.

t1391816535z1.png

Just seen that Risk of Rain is getting an update to add game-modifying artifacts, looks pretty interesting! I love that game so I'm looking forward to new content. Sorry if that's old news.

Was news to me, thanks. Not sure how that all works but I look forward to trying it out.

Love+ isn't the worst game and does what it is trying to do. The thing is, I'd rather be playing "I wanna be the ..." because it just doesn't have much to it.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got the last achievement on Limbo after trying to de-stress from taking 3 exams in a 24 hour time-frame. Time to pick a new game to play.

Dec

You can but that wouldn't give analog movement.

In this case, though, analog movement would probably screw you over more than it would help. The game is tightly designed around your static movement speed.

Ya I see how it works after trying it, but watching the trailers before I got it I thought it would be fully mouse driven. The game is probably great, just not what I expected and wanted.

The steam release prompted me to finish Love+, which ironically I was like one screen away from doing the last time but didn't know it.

Overall it took about 12 minutes to run through all the content. If you are not into speed running and getting a better time, the game doesn't have a lot to offer.

Other than that everything is well enough done.

Turfster

The steam release prompted me to finish Love+, which ironically I was like one screen away from doing the last time but didn't know it.

Overall it took about 12 minutes to run through all the content. If you are not into speed running and getting a better time, the game doesn't have a lot to offer.

There's an obvious joke to be made here, so I'm not going to be the one to make it =p

Whools

Why should anyone pretend that we're a genderless species? Sexual equality != absence of gender. And depicting women with curves is fundamentally "sexist" and "harmful" (since different hair, unlike curves, are "relatively harmless")? Even young kids are capable of seeing that women have breasts and curves and men don't. :p
But you already said Lego doesn't represent people, we can make lego a genderless species if we want. And let's not pretend that there isn't a wider issue of portraying women in mainstream culture. But that's probably not manifested in lego too much.
What I really find odd is that lego actually creates more work for themselves just to fit a dumb stereotype that is bad in lots of other cases.
And yes let's stop derailing, sorry. Here steamgaf, have one of the best games of the last decade.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Psychonauts -- MB-ADF5AC3D1835B7B7 - Taken by jmizzal

The boys and girls are bored so are debating the merits of the sexualisation of Lego.

Yes, really.
I'm only happy when arguing about identity politics. That's what a majority of my posts on GAF are :p

Freezard

Damn I'm disappointed with Transformers: War for Cybertron. Almost fell asleep during the first mission, so lengthy that I didn't have the patience to finish it. The combat is just boring and the environments are even less creative than UT3's. Guess I'll give multiplayer a try before I'm done with it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm giving away a copy of DMC4.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Devil May Cry 4- -- MB-EFDE92CCF298D120 - Taken by gabrielt16. 55 entrants total.

t1391832826z1.png

Good luck!
iu86D0WUSLzur.gif

FloatOn

God damn New Vegas is awesome. I'm glad I played it before I played Fallout 3 because the difference really is night and day.

I mean what other game lets you go inside the mouth of a giant dinosaur statue?

before:
B45A8A75835B8BA8A10C3B1E2A021C57554B467B

after:
7DFC56BD922FF4B89ED813A8ED9C472BF784AD0B

Sorry for the non modded graphics

Couple of new drops:

Can't say either of them look particularly exciting. Reaper looked ok in screens but the movie kind of put me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom