• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I noticed about half an hour ago in my task manager that Enslaved does that for me. I tried a few other games but none of them brought it up and from what I can tell it doesn't go away until you close and restart Steam. I was about to ask the same question here.

Marvel Heroes for me, so its a steam thing, not specific game. Hmph. I say Hmph sir!

derExperte

I know what you mean with the alleged difficulty spikes; level 18 was a pain-in-the-ass for me (which took me noticeably longer to complete than any other stage before and after it) and it's quite easy to get overwhelmed by the sheer number of enemies in the seemingly final world that follows it up. Aqua Kitty's never brutally hard thus far nor do I think it's unfair, but the difficulty curve isn't smooth beyond a certain point. I think I need to strategize differently though, when deciding which enemy types and power-ups to prioritize.

Level 20 was the worst for me, it got so bad that I gave up and completed easy mode instead. After which I almost immediately made it through 20 and had no trouble with the rest but that could've been pure luck and I still think it gets too crazy there, a few tweaks like longer invulnerability after getting hit and more extras floating around would help a lot.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anno 1404 Status Report!

Dawn of Discovery has been patched:
about 2 hours ago Changed Depots

+ 33215/manifests/public: 1803887573098897243
+ 33215/maxsize: 1
+ 33216/manifests/public: 7617902862186472436
+ 33216/maxsize: 1
+ 33217/manifests/public: 2785180276505642265
+ 33217/maxsize: 1
+ branches/public/buildid: 52251 › 185231

And Dawn of Discovery: Venice's beta branch has been updated again:
about an hour ago Changed Depots

33212/encryptedmanifests/beta/encrypted_gid: * hidden *
33212/maxsize: 584901589 › 593099887
33213/encryptedmanifests/beta/encrypted_gid: * hidden *
33213/maxsize: 32005019 › 4917
33214/encryptedmanifests/beta/encrypted_gid: * hidden *
33214/maxsize: 33500934 › 4917
branches/beta/buildid: 182306 › 185246

Anno 1404: Venice and Dawn of Discovery: Venice are the only holdouts.

_hekk05

Banned
Anno 1404 Status Report!

Does that mean that Ubi is slowly phasing out uPlay? Does that mean I can buy child of light on steam some day? Answer me oh great jasec, master of the australian desert!!

wilflare

Anno 1404 Status Report!

your dedication to thus cause.. is really -thumbs up-
hereby confer you the title of the Anno Hero(ine)

oipic

Nice, thanks monitoring things so diligently, Jase - nothing slips by during your watch.

I have been fearing for weeks that Anno 1404 and Banished may land at around the same time, and those odds are firming with every update.

Saoirse snippet: have watched Atonement and How I Live Now during the past couple of days, and I'm listening to the OST of the latter right now... and can't help but think of SteamGAF throughout. It could be worse.

JaseC

They need all the water they can get lol.

I guess I can buy Child of Light, then crack it so I don't have to deal with uPlay, but it goes against my outstanding boycott of uPlay. Decisions ...

Speaking of Child of Light, the Russian price is too high for securing a copy via trading to be worthwhile: 499 Rubles or roughly $14.35 before factoring in profit margins. You'd be looking at 8 keys or $14.50 at best from a trader who takes PayPal, which still wouldn't be worth it as, unless you have a money in your PayPal account, you have to factor in the international transaction fee and whatever else PayPal asks of you surreptitiously (USD$9.55 at 1 AUD = 0.8428 USD isn't $11.34, you thieves).

Tizoc

Child of Light is gonna use Uplay won't it? Will still be getting it for PC.

When can we expect Rayman Legends to go for under $20?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Anno 1404 Status Report!

lies1.jpg

:(

Nabs

Is it really that bad? How does it compare to SpeedRunners?

It doesn't. SpeedRunners has a better UI, better controls, better graphics, better netcode, better platforming mechanics and better power ups. It's also fun.

SpeedRunners will also have this:

mBWEZEU.jpg

JaseC

Nice, thanks monitoring things so diligently, Jase - nothing slips by during your watch.

I have been fearing for weeks that Anno 1404 and Banished may land at around the same time, and those odds are firming with every update.

Yeah, part of me is hoping Anno 1404 won't return with a sale so I have an excuse to hold off, haha.

Saoirse snippet: have watched Atonement and How I Live Now during the past couple of days, and I'm listening to the OST of the latter right now... and can't help but think of SteamGAF throughout. It could be worse.

I've been meaning to rewatch Atonement as I haven't seen it since 2007/2008. The HILN OST is fantastic, but then I've always been a sucker for the piano -- even Garden's Heart, which I just shrugged off initially, eventually grew on me.

Child of Light is gonna use Uplay won't it? Will still be getting it for PC.

Yep.

When can we expect Rayman Legends to go for under $20?

Probably Ubi's publisher sale, which is usually in May but last year was held in March.

JaseC

I'm one step closer to my Hegemony: Philip of Macedon key! I think my next "target" will be Kerberos/Paradox and Sword of the Stars (I own the Complete re-release but not the original and its expansion, both of which are still available elsewhere).

When did the Steam Discussion boards become such a cesspool? Or were they always like that?

All I see there are people insulting each other and getting into pointless arguments. It's like Youtube comments.

Derrick01

Banned
When did the Steam Discussion boards become such a cesspool? Or were they always like that?

All I see there are people insulting each other and getting into pointless arguments. It's like Youtube comments.

The stupidity on the dead state section is enough to last me a month. I can't take any more of it.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Hey Steam thread. Alone tonight watching some Olympics and hockey, will probably put up some giveaways shortly. Got a few good things.

BorntoPlay

Say thanks to Deques =)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cognition EP1 An Erica Reed Thriller -- MB-6F523CBBB611C36A - Taken by jmizzal

I bought Raymen Legends steam for 12 dollars back when it first went up for pre-order, was there a pricing error or was the Russian edition later locked?

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Double Dragon Neon Giveaway

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Double Dragon Neon #1 -- MB-A975E910D48345D3 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon
Double Dragon Neon #2 -- MB-2ECEA55E092978A2 - Taken by AScotAbroad

JaseC

I bought Raymen Legends steam for 12 dollars back when it first went up for pre-order, was there a pricing error or was the Russian edition later locked?

The pre-order sub was universal but Ubi made a region-locked RU post-release sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom