• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
What is happy hour exactly?

If you buy as a gift the BTA IndieGala deal, you'll get a second copy of the Gala for free (with the BTA specials), so you would get two copies of every game. If you already bought the bundle with the BTA before now, and buy it now, you'll get three copies (as in, when you buy it now you'll get 3 copies now, on-top of the 1 you bought before, making you have 4 copies of each game).

But to qualify, you need to press the 'Purchase as a Gift' option, but you can still redeem them as you can send it as a gift to your email.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The indiegala January happy hour is on. 2 hours left.

I was beginning to worry that I'd missed it. As promised:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut #2 -- MB-47DA6BCF60F26DC1 - Taken by woo and indeed hoo
Gravity Badgers #2 -- MB-DA287248BAC4317C - Taken by Saty
Gravity Badgers -- MB-0FFC37B50554996B - Taken by Vazduh
Shadows: Price for Our Sins #2 -- MB-91DDA25F83B327F6 - Taken by JPizzle84
Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage -- MB-14F251B552AB806B - Taken by gabbo
Ballpoint Universe #2 -- MB-636F555EFECBE69E - Taken by alr1ght
Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut -- MB-67D92F3F2FA91E95 - Taken by didamangi
Tales of Maj'Eyal -- MB-E5B86B4CA7221142 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda
Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage #2 -- MB-72C4E26B78CAFBD2 - Taken by confuziz
Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-5E024FF00629945E - Taken by _hekk05
Shadows: Price for Our Sins -- MB-0ADFE133FCF4BBE3 - Taken by nightstorm
Tales of Maj'Eyal #2 -- MB-F06F00982B06CB7A - Taken by PandaPedinte
Ravensword: Shadowlands #2 -- MB-F1DC256018D0E676 - Taken by Dusk Golem
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-BAB9EDCB926486B3 - Taken by thesaucetastic
Two Brothers -- MB-9A67742EEBBF65E4 - Taken by StAidan

Turfster

Yes, they've toned the police reaction down a bit (especially on the highway). But you better believe Joe prefers the to be driven like Miss Daisy.
Oh, good. Did they also fix the missions?
Because that 'running away' bit at the start of 1 was asinine. "Run away from these guys, but stick exactly to the path we've decided on (which we don't tell you), or you get instakilled" is not fun.

Ban Puncher

Leftover...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tales of Maj'Eyal -- MB-5D9A78E0B97E72EB - Taken by cj_iwakura

gabbo

Oh, good. Did they also fix the missions?
Because that 'running away' bit at the start of 1 was asinine. "Run away from these guys, but stick exactly to the path we've decided on (which we don't tell you), or you get instakilled" is not fun.

I don't remember any fixed paths for missions that didn't require tailing someone. Don't hold me to that though, I could have pushed it to the back of my mind.

Is there a page w a list of all games that have cloud saves? On my phone so i cant use the client but im curious what games i can install on my laptop without being disappointed

Turfster

I don't remember any fixed paths for missions that didn't require tailing someone. Don't hold me to that though, I could have pushed it to the back of my mind.

It was reaaaally early, where you're done driving and these mob guys show up and start roughing you up and chasing you, shooting at you. You have to make your way to the little shop the 'good' mob guys operate out of, but you can't just go there, you have to pick the right back alley and then pick the right other alleys, climbing over walls and stuff.
If you don't pick the right one, you get shot every time. It was horrible.

Dusk Golem

Thank you very much JaseC for n Ravensword Shadowlands! It was one of the only two games in the bundle I did not have, and I would of bought gift copies but been low on cash this month.

JaseC

Thx, Jase C. just my luck to F5 at the right time :)
Thanks JaseC. Will Clean up all the Christmas gore :)
Thanks JaseC! Had my eye on ballpoint universe for a while, didn't know it was a part of the gala.
Thanks for Two Brothers. I know it's gotten some mixed reactions, but I wanted to play it anyway.
Thanks Jace for Gravity Badgers!
Thank you very much JaseC for n Ravensword Shadowlands! It was one of the only two games in the bundle I did not have, and I would of bought gift copies but been low on cash this month.

No worries. :)

Is there a page w a list of all games that have cloud saves? On my phone so i cant use the client but im curious what games i can install on my laptop without being disappointed

A list of Steam Cloud-supporting games is easy enough to find, but the issue is that not all use it for saves, and as far as I'm aware there's no community-maintained list of those that do.

Edit: Kindasorta beaten.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Does it cost money to implement cloud saves? It should be mandatory.

gabbo

It was reaaaally early, where you're done driving and these mob guys show up and start roughing you up and chasing you, shooting at you. You have to make your way to the little shop the 'good' mob guys operate out of, but you can't just go there, you have to pick the right back alley and then pick the right other alleys, climbing over walls and stuff.
If you don't pick the right one, you get shot every time. It was horrible.

Oh I remember it in the first game. I meant, the second game didn't have any such missions that I remember.

JaseC

Well seeing as how youre the one person here who owns all the games...you know what you must do >_>

Haha, well, it would be relatively easy to go through SteamDB's list and check the raw User Cloud data to ascertain which games back up saves, but with almost 600 apps to comb through it'd still be a ton of work.

Anteater

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Gravity Badgers -- MB-DAB67610DFE53177 - Taken by adriano999. 2 entrants total.
Tales of Maj'Eyal -- MB-95E84D9F589A1709 - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.
Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-F7EA90F6C44885DC - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt. 2 entrants total.
Shadows: Price for Our Sins Bonus Edition -- MB-F5AFDE5ACC9F1143 - Taken by caffeinedreamer. 4 entrants total.
Deadly Premonition The Director's Cut -- MB-7B6C52EB35DFC438 - Taken by Shepard. 9 entrants total.
Viscera Cleanup Detail Santa's Rampage -- MB-21829D01E18E9807 - Taken by schuey7. 3 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-5B1414071432E9CD - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
Two Brothers -- MB-98A07C21819DB809 - Taken by kurahador. 3 entrants total.

t1390754204z1.png

have fun!

Copons

Ok guyz.

I come to you with a full motherfucking huge new ultra powerful enthusiast progamer rig.

And I need to know every single goddammit graphical mod for Dark Souls. Like, right now.

Meanwhile you guyz work for me, I'm gonna slap thousands of nigiris in 1920x1200 Cook Serve Delicious.

Sorry, yesterday I watched Wolf of Wall Street so now I'm all smartass talking and hoes screwing. Also I'm like in complete frenzy because I tried launching ETS2 at ultra settings and apparently there were lots of stuff I didn't know. :D

Nabs

Ok guyz.

I come to you with a full motherfucking huge new ultra powerful enthusiast progamer rig.

And I need to know every single goddammit graphical mod for Dark Souls. Like, right now.

Meanwhile you guyz work for me, I'm gonna slap thousands of nigiris in 1920x1200 Cook Serve Delicious.

Sorry, yesterday I watched Wolf of Wall Street so now I'm all smartass talking and hoes screwing. Also I'm like in complete frenzy because I tried launching ETS2 at ultra settings and apparently there were lots of stuff I didn't know. :D

The only graphical mod you need is DSFix. The UI & Subtitle fix is one of the few things I actually use for DS (make sure you enable texture override in the dsfix ini) http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/21/

Make sure you unlock the FPS and give 60 a try. It's easy to toggle between 60 and 30 in-game with the Backspace button (necessary if you're trying to make a few tight jumps).

Dusk Golem

Entered for Badgers from Anteater.

And an honest quest for IndieGala Happy Hour, if more people buy from the Happy Hour, does the Happy Hour time go up? I ask as the Happy Hour time keeps going up.

Copons

The only graphical mod you need is DSFix. The UI & Subtitle fix is nice as well http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/21/

Make sure you unlock the FPS and give 60 a try. It's easy to toggle between 60 and 30 in-game with the Backspace button (necessary if you're trying to make a few tight jumps).

Ok. It was just that seeing super hi-res cool screens I assumed there was additional stuff involved (like SweetFX or Hi-res Textures).

So, having DSfix in place, I'm gonna ask you what exactly should I enable to maximize everything.
Like, I launched it and I still got LOTS of blurring. I guess that backgrounds blurs are as intended, but it also seemed kinda blurry on the character model when I positioned the camera below him.

Anyway, the problem is that I actually don't really know what most of the stuff there means. :D
Like, if I want to try downsampling, I just have to multiply my screen res (1920x1200) and put it in the "display width/height" (so, like 3840x2400), while leaving 1920x1200 in "internal rendering res"?

Jawmuncher

Not even steam related but i'm playing Under a Killing Moon right now.
OH MAN this game sure is something it's a weird FMV, 3D adventure game hybrid. That would be absolutely destroyed gameplay wise if it came out today. With that said I am enjoying it a lot. Actually bought all the Tex Murphy games off GOG after playing this a bit.

Megasoum

Banned
The only graphical mod you need is DSFix. The UI & Subtitle fix is one of the few things I actually use for DS (make sure you enable texture override in the dsfix ini) http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/21/

Also make sure to switch back to 30fps before sliding down ladders. If you do it at 60 sometime the game will warp you out of world.

Dusk Golem

Not even steam related but i'm playing Under a Killing Moon right now.
OH MAN this game sure is something it's a weird FMV, 3D adventure game hybrid. That would be absolutely destroyed gameplay wise if it came out today. With that said I am enjoying it a lot. Actually bought all the Tex Murphy games off GOG after playing this a bit.

I know many would disagree, but I think there are many enjoyable games out there, that are arguably terrible or mediocre games. I know its a bit controversial for me to say this, but I don't think gameplay is the most important part of the game, as there are games I and I know others love for elements that aren't the gameplay.

Actually think I'll make a quick topic on this.

Jawmuncher

Get Games Go has Borderlands 2 GOTY Edition for 14.99

Man that's pretty tempting and I don't even like Borderlands.

I know many would disagree, but I think there are many enjoyable games out there, that are arguably terrible or mediocre games. I know its a bit controversial for me to say this, but I don't think gameplay is the most important part of the game, as there are games I and I know others love for elements that aren't the gameplay.

Actually think I'll make a quick topic on this.

Dude make that topic. Because I 100% agree with you. As of late I have found myself thinking about the exact same thing.
Deadly Premonition being probably one of the easiest examples of gameplay isn't everything.

Myshkin

Anyway, the problem is that I actually don't really know what most of the stuff there means. :D
Like, if I want to try downsampling, I just have to multiply my screen res (1920x1200) and put it in the "display width/height" (so, like 3840x2400), while leaving 1920x1200 in "internal rendering res"?

The bigger numbers are for your internal rendering res.

Li Kao

Mmh, so guys I have this Acer Aspire 3613WLMI on hand. Old shit. Very old, veryyyyy shitty. Slow as all hell. Is it me being used to modern computers or what ?
What do you say ? Just update it, reinstall XP, dare dabbling with Linux ?
Hell, must be 5 minutes and it is still trying to open the uninstall center in XP...

graywolf323

I'm in a giving mood today

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Guilty Gear Isuka -- MB-7672D0B60BA297AB - Taken by arts&crafts. 27 entrants total.
Gun Metal -- MB-1BEF51E04CA50107 - Taken by Arthea. 12 entrants total.

t1390766175z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom